Abu Derby County

tinman

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I think for me the alarm bels really started ringing when pretty much every Newcastle fan blamed their takeover collapsing on BZI, rather than Mike Ashley.  In Geordie land, Ashley gets blamed for World War 2, the shooting of JFK, HIV and the rebranding of Marathon Bars into Snickers. 

...and only one of those things was actually his fault!

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

What if Mel is actually playing a blinder?

We all know that this is the worst transfer window for making signings that are cheap enough and good enough for any club, let alone ours that has been ripped off for many a season.  We are now getting to movement time - the last four days - when all/most of the deals are done and prices shift, mostly in the favour of the selling clubs that don’t have to sell.  What better time for the football world - clubs, agents, players, authorities - to know that we are broke, about to enter administration, that our owner doesn’t care any more, has run out of money and may not be too well, and that we are still 48 hours away from selling to a dodgy overseas person with a track record and no money? No point in trying to sell us a player worth £1m for £2m because we can’t afford it. In fact all we can afford is £750k.

What if the deal has actually been done, signed and money transferred, but not announced? Or what if Mel has already pulled out and is seeking new investment elsewhere but is going to carry on in the meantime?

If we were to announce the Sheikh before Monday evening, prices and wages for players - loan and purchase - could rocket; if Mel is back in financial charge we’ve already seen prices rocket in past years.  What if Mel is fed up with being ripped off?

There are only a very few people on the planet (+ advisors) that know what is really happening.  The rest of us are guessing.  The players don’t know, as it would have leaked by now; the staff don’t either - ditto.  But it’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that Mel (or the sheikh) is using Sky, Percy, the EFL and all the rest of them to put out the message that we’re struggling to get the deal over the line, that we’re broke, that we’re about to go into administration, because he wants to reset the external view of us as a club with loads of money and that he doesn’t want to overpay in the transfer window, this one or future ones, that he wants to reset wages and reduce costs. Short term PR pain for longer term gain.

This is, after all, the worst possible month for everyone to know that we have money to spend and the worst possible time in that month.

This has occured to me as well. Im sure Mel will have told any potential investor about the Ollie Watkins debacle & the risk of advertising you have funds. No way would he have been able to do it in normal circumstances (big home crowds, potential fan demonstrations) but in a Covid-world? Maybe.

Interesting line from Rooney in the presser today about bringing players in. My initial instinct was to laugh at the naivety but maybe he knows something we don't. And perhaps a) thats the reason he's signed up permanently & b) seemingly isn't that worked up about the financial situation.

19 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I think for me the alarm bels really started ringing when pretty much every Newcastle fan blamed their takeover collapsing on BZI, rather than Mike Ashley.  In Geordie land, Ashley gets blamed for World War 2, the shooting of JFK, HIV and the rebranding of Marathon Bars into Snickers. 

Not to mention opral fruits, covid-19 and Ed Sheeran.....

10 hours ago, Orphanram said:

I think most people have given up on this now. What would be great is if Mel could agree with BZI to address fans ahead of the transfer window closing that it’s off.  If there is absolute radio silence up to Sunday there will be near total meltdown for some fans. Personally I’ve already accepted that the likely scenario is that we will be extremely lucky to get any meaningful signings made and there won’t be any takeover. However, other fans have genuine hope to the last and will cruelly have it crushed with disappointment, which you could argue one should expect being a Derby fan. Nevertheless regardless of your own personal emotional stability some fans will be greatly impacted by the ‘Transfer Window Slammed Shut’ syndrome (TWSSS) and with the looming collapse of the takeover could push some over the edge. I even have concerns that some will self harm and buy a subscription for Forest on ifollow. Mel if your reading reach out and help your fellow Rams today. 

I think you'll find it's TISWAS. It's actually very easy. Today ISaturday Watch And Smile ? 

BD5B2F14-DD79-4786-95DF-AE7E4D7DD3F8.jpeg

On 31/10/2020 at 09:50, Newcastle Fan said:

I’ll get this out of the way straight away; you won’t be taken over by this lot.  They’re potless.  They’re after the publicity.  The bloke in charge of the organisation simply has a very similar name to the actual crown prince of Abu Dhabi.  It would be like a bloke called Charles Windsor being mistaken for Prince Charles...

How very, very dare he say such nonsense.

"Mel, Mel, tell him..."

Just now, Charlie George said:

Some more interesting lines from a well known and well informed Derby supporter on social media over the last few days.

It's out there for all to see if you look hard enough,but this supporter mentions a particular date in the future and a sum of money. 

See how this pans out.

Can you show this on here ? Not everyone has Facebook 

5 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Some more interesting lines from a well known and well informed Derby supporter on social media over the last few days.

It's out there for all to see if you look hard enough,but this supporter mentions a particular date in the future and a sum of money. 

See how this pans out.

I think you're talking out of your brown eye pal.

53 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Well it’s true about Snickers ... and Spangles and Opal fruits.. everyone forgets those travesties

As to JFK ... grassy Knoll .. wasn’t there a sports bag left behind ? ... humm could be something in that. 

Edited by jono

4 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

lie liar GIF by Fluffy Friends

To be fair to the poster I saw the same thing posted (screenshot) on Twitter yesterday and in the thread a well known Derby Journalist said he’d heard the same as the “said “ comments. I guess only time will tell if there’s any substance to it or not. 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

To be fair to the poster I saw the same thing posted (screenshot) on Twitter yesterday and in the thread a well known Derby Journalist said he’d heard the same as the “said “ comments. I guess only time will tell if there’s any substance to it or not. 

Any chance you could quote it then or are you both just fishing?

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Any chance you could quote it then or are you both just fishing?

I don’t want to quote it as I saw it but can’t remember the details to be honest. I was just defending the poster saying I’d seem the same.  Not fishing or anything just saw the same thing. 

18 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

This is the Steve Nicholson agreeing regarding Duane Holmes going for free and being 400 million in debt? That one 

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

What if Mel is actually playing a blinder?

We all know that this is the worst transfer window for making signings that are cheap enough and good enough for any club, let alone ours that has been ripped off for many a season.  We are now getting to movement time - the last four days - when all/most of the deals are done and prices shift, mostly in the favour of the selling clubs that don’t have to sell.  What better time for the football world - clubs, agents, players, authorities - to know that we are broke, about to enter administration, that our owner doesn’t care any more, has run out of money and may not be too well, and that we are still 48 hours away from selling to a dodgy overseas person with a track record and no money? No point in trying to sell us a player worth £1m for £2m because we can’t afford it. In fact all we can afford is £750k.

What if the deal has actually been done, signed and money transferred, but not announced? Or what if Mel has already pulled out and is seeking new investment elsewhere but is going to carry on in the meantime?

If we were to announce the Sheikh before Monday evening, prices and wages for players - loan and purchase - could rocket; if Mel is back in financial charge we’ve already seen prices rocket in past years.  What if Mel is fed up with being ripped off?

There are only a very few people on the planet (+ advisors) that know what is really happening.  The rest of us are guessing.  The players don’t know, as it would have leaked by now; the staff don’t either - ditto.  But it’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that Mel (or the sheikh) is using Sky, Percy, the EFL and all the rest of them to put out the message that we’re struggling to get the deal over the line, that we’re broke, that we’re about to go into administration, because he wants to reset the external view of us as a club with loads of money and that he doesn’t want to overpay in the transfer window, this one or future ones, that he wants to reset wages and reduce costs. Short term PR pain for longer term gain.

This is, after all, the worst possible month for everyone to know that we have money to spend and the worst possible time in that month.

If Mel was that smart we would have won the champions league by now?