Abu Derby County

tinman

How this is being allowed to drag on so long is beyond me and how we are yet to sign anyone is even more beyond me .

This whole thing now absolutley stinks and yet we get no answers at all ( proper answers that is ) .

God forbid when the fans are back as it would be an awful atmosphere , think there would be some real ugly scenes at pride park now . 

33 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

How this is being allowed to drag on so long is beyond me and how we are yet to sign anyone is even more beyond me .

This whole thing now absolutley stinks and yet we get no answers at all ( proper answers that is ) .

God forbid when the fans are back as it would be an awful atmosphere , think there would be some real ugly scenes at pride park now . 

I would paraphrase what @DCFC27(?) said yesterday, but don't want a wrist slapping.  It could explain the radio silence though.

Edited by RedSox

44 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Will it be today ?????

Probably not  And tomorrow’s the weekend again 

Beginning to wonder whether MM is sort of trapped as owner of the club, simply because he’s a fan and has got such deep pockets. The PL may continue to help Ch clubs but the only real solution for clubs if covid continues is that players agree a massive pay cut. That might happen where owners do not have deep pockets (because the alternative is administration). But where owners are high up on the rich list, players - certainly their agents - will say ‘a contract is a contract I’m not renegotiating, where’s my dosh?’ So MM has to fund the losses from his deep pockets  - as he is doing

if MM’s health is not improving, his advisers will surely say :  ‘you’ve got to escape the stress of this and focus on your own recovery.’ That points to a catastrophic sale - basically paying someone to take the club off his hands

I guess an alternative is he hands the whole show over to Pearce, gives him a [20m] quid fighting fund and says: “ that’s your lot, I’m done. I’m transferring the shares into trust for the Littleover Boy Scouts so I’m no longer the owner. And I will not call in my loans until the club is back into profit. Please don’t call me I’m off to a spa”

Sorry that’s a bit of a mad and gloomy post 

24 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Love your sense of irony: the very reason the club is in the poo is that we are not allowed in. 

The trouble is that it isn't. We're maybe £5m down because of Covid? We've been losing a lot more than that for many years. A buyer could overlook a temporary cash flow issue, but an ongoing structural financial shortfall with no apparent remedy is somewhat different.

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The trouble is that it isn't. We're maybe £5m down because of Covid? We've been losing a lot more than that for many years. A buyer could overlook a temporary cash flow issue, but an ongoing structural financial shortfall with no apparent remedy is somewhat different.

A lot of that work has been done.

The wage bill has been dramatically reduced and will drop again at the end of the season.

has anything of any factuailty been written on this post since the first pages ? 

Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

have people lives really come to this ?

If I keep on thinking what I’ve always thought,
then I’ll keep on perceiving what I’ve always perceived.
If I keep on perceiving what I’ve always perceived,
then I’ll keep on seeing what I’ve always seen.
If I keep on seeing what I’ve always seen,
then I’ll keep on doing what I’ve always done.
If I keep on doing what I’ve always done,
then I’ll keep on getting what I’ve always gotten.

einstein (1).jpg

7 minutes ago, sage said:

A lot of that work has been done.

The wage bill has been dramatically reduced and will drop again at the end of the season.

Even when Nigel and GSE cut the wage bill to about £11m, the club were still losing a lot of money. With no accounts published it's impossible to know, but I suspect that we are still a long way from breaking even, even if Covid related losses are excluded.

I’d agree with Sage, the wage bill must be down to circa £20 million. So with a pre COVID turnover of £30 million, for the first time in a long time the club is going to be in a sustainable position, once we can get fans back. Also plenty of young talent coming through. This is exactly how a football club should be! I also think the clubs should have enacted a force majeur clause at the start of COVID and reduced players salaries  by at least 50%. No deferred them as they won’t have the cash to pay them.

The other issue is the lack of season ticket revenue next season, as refunds or credits based on no fan matches in this current season kick in. So the reduction in turnover is not going to disappear overnight I’m afraid. We are another season away from full recovery of turnover!

3 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

What’s the general consensus, main backer pulled out before Christmas and now the Sheikh is scrapping around for another backer having contractually agreed to buy the club?! If so, how long does Mel wait?

That's what I gather about the situation, but mostly based on speculation and not fact.

49 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Ok I may be wrong but I did read a convincing @Ghost of Cloughpost which suggested we’d make a small profit this year before covid losses   

Sod it!  I'm going for it... and I don't care what people think, or how silly I look...

I've changed my mind!  I've now got an itsy-bitsy sneaking suspicion this takeover just might not go through!

There!  I've said it!  
Don't ever let it be said that I can't think for myself!  

Edited by Mucker1884