Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

17 days ago. Stephen Pearce came on Radio Derby. 

Said all was ok. Players would be paid imminently. 

No reason to doubt the takeover. We talk to the new owners at least once a day. 

The players were paid exactly 2 weeks later. 

There has been absolutely nothing from the club since.

If they are speaking to these new owners at least twice a day. What on earth are they talking about? Genuinely. All that's left is to pay. 

Why is this still being dragged out?

Lies. Lies. Lies. 

Do you want to speak to likeminded Sheikh fetishists.  Call us on 0800 6000000 6000000

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

IF a contract has been signed as reported in some quarters and IF the completion date was to be December 24th 2020 then we would now be looking at a breach of terms. In all contracts there will be mechanisms to deal with this and, normally, they start with the serving of a Notice outlining the breach and demanding remedy within the prescribed time frame (quite often 7 or 14 days).

IF that Notice goes unheeded then the Breach becomes a Persistent Breach and, again, there will be mechanisms within the contract to deal with this and, most likely, unlocks some, or all, of the commitments of the damaged party. Until that point is reached, its is very difficult for the damaged party to act outside of the terms of the contract otherwise they too could be considered to have breached.

IF December 24th was the completion date then is it is not a giant leap to assume that the payment of December wages and all commitments beyond that date (unless specifically dealt with within the commercial terms of the sale contract) fall on the new owner. As such, the current owner would not want - or be able - to pay them.

Given the way this whole pantomime has played out (and I'm guessing about this just as much as any of us are) I would suggest the breaches have been noticed and enacted which is why the players were paid when they were.

Both parties will be keen to sort this out - Mel wants a sale and BZI (or whoever they actually represent) don't want to be sued for breach of contract - hence the lack of noise from either camp, but the longer this goes on, the more likely it will end in a court and, our good friend Nick De Marco QC will no doubt be able to order an even larger yacht.

As others have suggested, it looks like BZI are a stalking horse organisation who look to negotiate the purchase of a football club (or other asset for that matter) as an investment tool for others taking a commission for doing so, and, in this case, have had their expected funding rug whipped from under their feet at the last minute.

Of course, this is all guesswork.

If all or even some of the above is true then I wish Mel all the luck in the world if he ends up having to chase these jokers for legal fees, penalty fees or whatever else falls out of the back of this failed process.

They have already skipped town on a £500,000 legal bill from previous dealings. Not a great sign of things to come for Mel if that's the position he is in.

As I have posted before

What is the purpose of contractual consideration (PAYMENT)?

Reciprocity of consideration is fundamental to contract law. 

The exchange of consideration creates a benefit and a burden for each party entering into a contract.

The consideration which is the benefit of the contract for one party (say, receiving money) is the burden of the other (say, paying money).

Without consideration being given by each party to the contract, the contract can't be legally binding. 

5 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

As I have posted before

The exchange of consideration creates a benefit and a burden for each party entering into a contract.

The consideration which is the benefit of the contract for one party (say, receiving money) is the burden of the other (say, paying money).

Without consideration being given by each party to the contract, the contract can't be legally binding. 

Is it not fair to assume that there is a timeline incorporated into this and until that has expired, both parties are bound by the terms agreed? 

21 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

As I have posted before

But contractual consideration does not have to be monetary - though I appreciate 99% of the time it is. A consideration can be an obligation to act, perform or underwrite a defined seller's burden.

43 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Is Mel Morris infact Willard Whyte and has been captured by Ernst Stavro Blofeld who is then impersonating him and managing his press releases and media comms for his own ulterior motive?

Would explain a great many things. 

Especially as the payment is floating around in space ?

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

17 days ago. Stephen Pearce came on Radio Derby. 

Said all was ok. Players would be paid imminently. 

No reason to doubt the takeover. We talk to the new owners at least once a day. 

The players were paid exactly 2 weeks later. 

There has been absolutely nothing from the club since.

If they are speaking to these new owners at least twice a day. What on earth are they talking about? Genuinely. All that's left is to pay. 

Why is this still being dragged out?

Lies. Lies. Lies. 

I agree.  I think the club are being deceptive

New theory. The sheikh has been put up to this by a 3rd party who would take gratification from seeing our chairman, board and fans on strings for months on end, waiting for a decision that they eventually find unsatisfactory. 

I wonder who would be petty enough to do that???

image.thumb.jpeg.c1940dc552429585dcd35588edc0502f.jpeg

47 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

But contractual consideration does not have to be monetary - though I appreciate 99% of the time it is. A consideration can be an obligation to act, perform or underwrite a defined seller's burden.

Payment doesn’t have to be in money but it usually does.

I doubt Mel would want to take the consideration in anything other than money.

5 days for the takeover to happen and for us to sign players.

What’s everyone thinking?

A) Both happen

B) Takeover happens but we don’t sign anyone

C) Takeover doesn’t happen but we sign some cheap/free players to prop up the squad

D) Neither happen

28 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

5 days for the takeover to happen and for us to sign players.

What’s everyone thinking?

A) Both happen

B) Takeover happens but we don’t sign anyone

C) Takeover doesn’t happen but we sign some cheap/free players to prop up the squad

D) Neither happen

I'll wait and see.

Archived