Abu Derby County

tinman

12 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I reckon a takeover by a Glick/Wilson/Gadsby led consortium in late March. Before that We'll be funded by a loan from the said consortium. We will bring in two loanees and a free agent.

Right, I'm going to take this and tweet it, prefixed with 'I heard'. I reckon it's got all the potential go viral* to be reported back here as fact within the hour by some ITK mum or something.

* If I had more than about 12 followers.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

5 days for the takeover to happen and for us to sign players.

What’s everyone thinking?

A) Both happen

B) Takeover happens but we don’t sign anyone

C) Takeover doesn’t happen but we sign some cheap/free players to prop up the squad

D) Neither happen

What's the worst that could happen?

- Last minute, multi-million pound last sales of players against Wayne Rooney's wishes & earlier statements.
- No signings.
- Takeover completed 2nd Feb 2021
- Rooney resigns, McClaren sacked
- Mel removed from his position of advisor, informed not in person but only via an official statement on the website
- Money from player sales transferred over to an Abu Dhabi based bank account, never to be seen again.
- Derby County placed into administration

53 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I reckon a takeover by a Glick/Wilson/Gadsby led consortium in late March. Before that We'll be funded by a loan from the said consortium. We will bring in two loanees and a free agent.

What is the source of this rumour? I've seen it a few times now.

Would have Wilson back in a heartbeat but can't see it happening.  Glick however...we'd be a great fit for if he was leading a consortium.

1 hour ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

c)

45 minutes ago, Coconut said:

What's the worst that could happen?

- Last minute, multi-million pound last sales of players against Wayne Rooney's wishes & earlier statements.
- No signings.
- Takeover completed 2nd Feb 2021
- Rooney resigns, McClaren sacked
- Mel removed from his position of advisor, informed not in person but only via an official statement on the website
- Money from player sales transferred over to an Abu Dhabi based bank account, never to be seen again.
- Derby County placed into administration

D. neither happens 

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

Hmmm seems quite possible. Reckon MM might retain a minority stake (because the price will be so awful). But could be derailed if lockdown extended and if there are murmurings about new variants/lockdowns next winter. That must be MM’s worst nightmare. Well one of several 

37 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

What is the source of this rumour? I've seen it a few times now.

Would have Wilson back in a heartbeat but can't see it happening.  Glick however...we'd be a great fit for if he was leading a consortium.

No single source, just rumours of former directors making offers. Previous knowledge would be handy in fast tracking a takeover.

We've found some cash to pay the wages and personally I doubt it's from BZI. If that takeover was going to happen it would have been completed by now. It could be Mel putting cash in or another loan; I don't think Mel is in a position to remain at the forefront of the club and I wonder if any commercial lender would touch us. Injecting capital is not unusual in a pre-takeover situation. I believe that Mel did it and GSE did it - although we used that buy Robbie Savage.

I suppose it's putting 2and 2 together and making 5, with a heathy dose of wishful thinking - seems to me like it's the best outcome from the likely scenarios.

1 hour ago, WilkoRam said:

5 days for the takeover to happen and for us to sign players.

What’s everyone thinking?

A) Both happen

B) Takeover happens but we don’t sign anyone

C) Takeover doesn’t happen but we sign some cheap/free players to prop up the squad

D) Neither happen

Emphatically D

3 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

But contractual consideration does not have to be monetary - though I appreciate 99% of the time it is. A consideration can be an obligation to act, perform or underwrite a defined seller's burden.

Yes. But not sure a definitive contract has even been signed. I though the club has told us in code that

- heads of terms were signed in Nov

- definitive contracts are agreed, the closing conditions are satisfied (but they’ve not said they are signed)

is that wrong ?

4 minutes ago, Duracell said:

We understand the temptation and desire to post "I've heard/been told..." stories, but this really isn't the best place to discuss them. This thread is for printed and published news and discussion around that.

So I worked out Stephen Pearce is an anagram of The pre escape for no reason?

6 minutes ago, Duracell said:

We understand the temptation and desire to post "I've heard/been told..." stories, but this really isn't the best place to discuss them. This thread is for printed and published news and discussion around that.

Or lack there of...

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Anyone else getting worried considering the squad is Worryingly thin abs despite the improvement we still need one helluva big push to avoid the drop? 

I wonder how our resident chuckle brothers are holding up 

We need to put a decent run together and obviously keep ourselves out of the bottom three but I wouldn’t describe it requiring one helluva big push. Sheffield United and WBA need one helluva big push. Maybe Wycombe do in the Championship 

BREAKING  NEWS .. this is it !

Did I get anyone ? Naaa didn’t think so. ? god I am childish at times

I am closing my eyes and waiting till 3.00 Saturday .. everything else is shouting in an empty room -  que sara  sara 

Archived