Abu Derby County

tinman

2 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

No way we would need playoff form to survive, that would mean more than one club around us also achieving playoff form and the ones above almost matching that. 
We would definitely need to have better form than at the start of the season though. 

Í think it will be very tight.  A nice fun of rams wins over the next few weeks would make me a bit more relaxed going into the Easter games

At least we are in a better position now than we were at the end of our Dutch period

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

No way we would need playoff form to survive, that would mean more than one club around us also achieving playoff form and the ones above almost matching that. 
We would definitely need to have better form than at the start of the season though. 

We just need to better than three or four other bottom clubs for the rest of the season and finish out the top three. We're not way down and needing to make up a huge gap.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Hardly, 50 points usually enough to be safe, which is 25 more from 21 games, or lower mid-table form.

We've managed 19pts from the last 12 games for context.

Exactly. Plus, Rotherham was covid induced and we had some bad luck before that. We’re looking good, WR is showing himself to be very clear thinking, a great motivator  and we’re gaining momentum 

1 hour ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Near play off form I think i said 

OK, I don't want to get pulled apart fro being fake ITK, but, i heard from someone very well connected to the deal that BZI are closly monitoring the forum and they have a new backer - very exciting, but very discrete - however, money will only be sent if the thread reaches 500 pages between now and saturday. It is essental, especially as the time in the trasfer window is running out.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

OK, I don't want to get pulled apart fro being fake ITK, but, i heard from someone very well connected to the deal that BZI are closly monitoring the forum and they have a new backer - very exciting, but very discrete - however, money will only be sent if the thread reaches 500 pages between now and saturday. It is essental, especially as the time in the trasfer window is running out.

Wired by the goolies? ?

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Near play off form I think i said 

At the moment it looks like a points total of 50 ish would ensure survival (I know bottom three have games in hand). Unlikely to be much more than that. Derby would need 25 points from 21 matches to get that which isn’t really playoff form. It’s barely mid table form. Having said that, the league is so unpredictable, I wouldn’t like to count on Derby just doing enough, it will be good to carry on our recent form and achieve a mid table place. 

It’s a v v average leave this year also Chuck In the instability of covid and The rate at which Derby, forest, Rotherham and the like are able to take points off “better” teams 

its going to be mid to late 50s I wager that will get us or anyone over the line 

Was there any confirmation that the embargo was lifted when we paid the wages on monday? Or is it likely that the EFL are keeping it in place until we prove we are not going to default on January's wages too? 

Just wondering if the takeover was the only reason for the delay in bringing players in or if we are actually still under embargo?

6 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

Was there any confirmation that the embargo was lifted when we paid the wages on monday? Or is it likely that the EFL are keeping it in place until we prove we are not going to default on January's wages too? 

Just wondering if the takeover was the only reason for the delay in bringing players in or if we are actually still under embargo?

If the EFL are putting a pre-emptive embargo in place in the middle of a transfer window then they have truly lost the plot. 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If the EFL are putting a pre-emptive embargo in place in the middle of a transfer window then they have truly lost the plot. 

Yea i assume there would be grounds for a challenge if that were the case so I doubt it would be, just havent heard anything about it being lifted.

I think most people have given up on this now. What would be great is if Mel could agree with BZI to address fans ahead of the transfer window closing that it’s off.  If there is absolute radio silence up to Sunday there will be near total meltdown for some fans. Personally I’ve already accepted that the likely scenario is that we will be extremely lucky to get any meaningful signings made and there won’t be any takeover. However, other fans have genuine hope to the last and will cruelly have it crushed with disappointment, which you could argue one should expect being a Derby fan. Nevertheless regardless of your own personal emotional stability some fans will be greatly impacted by the ‘Transfer Window Slammed Shut’ syndrome (TWSSS) and with the looming collapse of the takeover could push some over the edge. I even have concerns that some will self harm and buy a subscription for Forest on ifollow. Mel if your reading reach out and help your fellow Rams today. 

Archived