Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do people really think if they can find out within seconds that there are people with similar names and this may or may not be a chancer that the club wouldnt have also found this out by now?

For it to be as close as its reported to be this will have been ongoing for a while now. Morris has previously mentioned past negotiations and about proof of funds so before we even included the EFL it sounds like Mel wants to see proof of funds first and does his own due diligence on it.

He recently did an interview with Radio Derby about someone making up a bank saying his funds were in there on headed paper etc so Mel and his supporting team will certainly know what to look for. You dont become a successful & rich entrepeneur like Mel by being easily hoodwinked.

1 hour ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Not sure if anyone else has posted the exact name listed on Companies House, and whether it helps at all?

Sheikh Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Bin Saquer Al Nahyan, D.O.B. January 1958

He’ll be with us in two sheikhs of a rams tail

His resume seems to suggest he is a businessman/investor who is a relatively minor royal.

So I suspect that his personal wealth is a relatively small share of the royal family total.

Or he could be investing part of the investment fund he seems to run, which makes him essentially Henry Gabay in a white gown....?

I dont believe him to be another Mansour.

57 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

The Al Nahyan (branch of the House of Al Falahi) are the ruling family of Abu Dhabi. He is listed there as a family member so he's definitely rich. 340600810_Screenshot_20201031-1255582.thumb.png.054fd887f0a0a3823f035e5c28ba52b0.png

Not sure if this helps with the name stuff or not, but I seem to remember they use bin in a name to refer to “son of”. With bint being “daughter of”

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

There is a huge difference between consuming something that is a necessity than there is in watching football matches. 

The difference is that some people don’t want the money because it’s from a country with a poor human rights record but they use petrol from that country. Hypocrites 

53 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Where are u getting your info from buddy 

im not contesting it, far from it 

I’m excited, nervous, scared shitless as to where this may take us so just trying to gather what info I can 

Iv just a horrible feeling 

I’m struggling to be fair like everyone else is. I’ve googled Bin Zayed group. Doesn’t really say a lot. There was an article in the FT about his failed Newcastle takeover, and saw a report saying he was talking to US Hedge funds to raise the money. Also read a report while he is a successful businessmen BZG have experienced financial difficulties and had to undergo financial restructuring in the past.

Its all secretive, no one knows we just have to wait for everything to be revealed and trust Mel ?

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Oh right, well if its that simple I'll just tell my boss I can't come in to work any more, because I've decided not to fill my car up with petrol because I disagree with where it comes from. 

Ask him for a raise so you can afford a Tesla 

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

His resume seems to suggest he is a businessman/investor who is a relatively minor royal.

So I suspect that his personal wealth is a relatively small share of the royal family total.

Or he could be investing part of the investment fund he seems to run, which makes him essentially Henry Gabay in a white gown....?

I dont believe him to be another Mansour.

If that's the case this doesn't make sense. As a standard means to make a return on a reasonable investment, Derby County, or indeed and Championship club is a terrible idea. Just to avoid relegation an owner has to pump in about £10m a year. 

Where it differs is if you can literally throw billions at the club. OK FFP throws up some accounting issues, but I suspect that with enough cash that could easily be sorted. If we but promotion and then spend a few hundred thousand on players, we can be a self sustaining Champions League club with all the added attention we'd get - although I suspect you could do the same at Sunderland and about 10 other Championship clubs.

I get why a multi billionaire would want to buy Derby County. I really don't understand why a multi millionaire would though.

I'm also slightly concerned about what happens if this falls through. My dot joining may well be off, but I get the impression that all is not right with Mel. There seems to have been lots of attempts to sell - this, Gabay and Gillette are the ones we know about.

It's the MSD loans which concern me the most though. The charge documents indicate that Mel has had to put every part of the club up as collateral and he's borrowed more recently. An article earlier in the year suggested that Mel's personal wealth  has gone up, and he's still worth over £500m. If that's the case, why does he need to borrow what appears to be about £30m? He's moving liability from himself and putting it on to the club. I'm interested to know why.

I really hope that Mel is OK. Sometimes he's got decisions wrong - who hasn't? But he's always acted with the best intentions and deserves our support and affection. 

Well radio Derby are talking as if we’re getting billions in. And Ed Dawes spoke to Mel last night. And he said this is about selling to someone who will grow and take the club forward. Mel isn’t stupid. You don’t make £500 million through being stupid.

I just don’t bloody know 

34 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Do people really think if they can find out within seconds that there are people with similar names and this may or may not be a chancer that the club wouldnt have also found this out by now?

For it to be as close as its reported to be this will have been ongoing for a while now. Morris has previously mentioned past negotiations and about proof of funds so before we even included the EFL it sounds like Mel wants to see proof of funds first and does his own due diligence on it.

He recently did an interview with Radio Derby about someone making up a bank saying his funds were in there on headed paper etc so Mel and his supporting team will certainly know what to look for. You dont become a successful & rich entrepeneur like Mel by being easily hoodwinked.

You'd hope that to be the case, yet football clubs carry on falling into the hands of disastrous and corrupt owners.

You don't even particularly have to be a fool to be taken in by professional scammers, the layers of deception can go much deeper than any checks you can make.

If MM wasn't hoodwinked by Sam Rush I don't know what you'd call it. Point is not to slag off MM but to say that such things can happen to anyone, wealthy businessman or not.

Just now, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well radio Derby are talking as if we’re getting billions in. And Ed Dawes spoke to Mel last night. And he said this is about selling to someone who will grow and take the club forward. Mel isn’t stupid. You don’t make £500 million through being stupid.

I just don’t bloody know 

None of us do...we have to wait and see.

16 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’m struggling to be fair like everyone else is. I’ve googled Bin Zayed group. Doesn’t really say a lot. There was an article in the FT about his failed Newcastle takeover, and saw a report saying he was talking to US Hedge funds to raise the money. Also read a report while he is a successful businessmen BZG have experienced financial difficulties and had to undergo financial restructuring in the past.

Its all secretive, no one knows we just have to wait for everything to be revealed and trust Mel ?

I’m not sure if it’s secretive it could be that we don’t speak/read Arabic. 

We’re actually lucky that the UAE gets a fairly good level of coverage with English speaking media. If it wasn’t for that we’d be even more in the dark!

Archived