Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

I still find it strange that the club have stopped taking direct debits for season tickets just at the time that they are short of cashflow.

No idea of the intention, but it's just strange ?

Any ideas anyone ?

I thought this as well. I did wonder if it was Mel trying to encourage the takeover to get done but saying "I'm out of money and putting no more in" if there is this legally binding agreement between the parties.

14 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

I still find it strange that the club have stopped taking direct debits for season tickets just at the time that they are short of cashflow.

Any ideas anyone ?

Perhaps, only a perhaps, but the sale agreement probably provided for all income due to the club after say 31 December was for the benefit of Derventio. They will probably have set up their own bank account arrangements. The DD set-up was suspended by the Club pending the sale completion (which all parties thought likely to happen) with the intention that the DD would be reactivated on the new Club account once the completion actually happened.

9 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Any ideas anyone ?

This sort of thing can happen before a company is about to go into administration. It is done to prevent other parties further increasing their liability - even if it’s just a monthly direct debit.

Another thing that can happen is that third party companies who operate on behalf of the club (ie caterers) are given access to the property to retrieve their property and equipment. 

This happened at a company I worked for that went into admin. There we were being told it was ‘business as usual’ and trying to carry on doing our jobs as normal while service providers were all over the facility removing their tooling and machinery. Then we received the email at 5am the next morning advising that the company was now in receivership/admin and instructing not to go into work but to attend a meeting with the administrators at a local hotel. It wasn’t pretty I can tell you.

Of course I’m not saying this is definitely the case with DCFC and I’m no financial expert. Just merely stating this could be a reason.

Although, I have to say my glass is a tad half empty today. 

3 minutes ago, Lamp Frankard said:

There we were being told it was ‘business as usual’ and trying to carry on doing our jobs as normal while service providers were all over the facility removing their tooling and machinery. Then we received the email at 5am the next morning advising that the company was now in receivership/admin and instructing not to go into work but to attend a meeting with the administrators at a local hotel. It wasn’t pretty I can tell you.

Of course I’m not saying this is definitely the case with DCFC and I’m no financial expert. Just merely stating this could be a reason.

Although, I have to say my glass is a tad half empty today. 

I can just imagine lots of Mum and Dad's walking through the academy training ground and taking their children. 

42 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Cocu, there are plenty of things to blame him for though.  If we go into admin  are you not going to blame him?

I'd 'blame' him for cutting ties once the poo hit the fan, and trying so desperately to sell us to this bunch of fools. I'd understand the reasons why he's doing it, but be a bit (a bit!) annoyed if he wasn't willing to continue cover us just enough to avoid admin.

The worst things Mel has done have been to start off a little sack happy, and then to place his trust in Sam Rush - the consequences of that decision are the leading factor in all of this, post-Rush we've generally attempted cut our cloth accordingly, balancing incoming player purchases against outgoing sales & managerial compensation packages.

I'm not sure why you think Cocu is relevant to anything, other than some weird, misplaced, sad little grudge where you actually think he's responsible for our current situation.

Pearce says "Reports are correct". "Have heard nothing from Mel or BZI saying there's any problem and have been told it's still 100% taking place" 

"Been speaking to BZI since April/May. All legals and documentation done. Just a case of closing of the deal between BZI and expected that to happen on 24th December, that didn't happen. Working on now getting funds from other places." 

"No indications deal won't go through. Just an issue of timing"

32 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You questioned why we're spending more than than it earns, later admitting that you have no basis for that comment.
It's a fact that Covid has resulted in Mel digging into his pockets more than otherwise would have been the case, and my work on estimating the profit/losses over recent years suggests we would have posted a profit for the current season. I've rarely been out by more than a couple £million when estimating for other Championship cubs - although that's usually on a year by year basis and the last submitted set of accounts was for 3 years ago so there is considerable margin on my estimate for 20/21.

You have to take it into context of why I said are the club spending more than it earns and the posts previous to that, rather than just picking up on that point.

The post that you commented on, was around Mel not being obligated to put money into the club based on the millions he has spent previously. My point and correct me if I'm wrong, is that as the result of his decisions, is the reason why for every year he has owned the club, the monthly costs have exceeded what they were prior to his takeover.

As for your estimate of where we are at at the moment, by your own admittance, given the last accounts are over 3 years ago, there is no way of predicting of where we are now.

Archived