Abu Derby County

tinman

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I’m still in ‘the deal is going to happen’ camp following on from this interview. Stephen Pearce is talking as openly as he can (considering the NDA in place) and clearly states the deal is happening and more importantly there is no way we are going into administration. 
I’m pleased to hear that the staff and academy players have all been paid. 
It is (as most of us thought) a case of Tw@erres, Trolls and WUMs trying to make something out of nothing. 
Talk-sport gets some pellets at times but they are good at getting it from the horses mouth ??????

Well said. A voice of calm reason.

I am still incredibly twitchy and will remain so until it’s confirmed; but at least this holds the flood waters at bay for a day or two. 

incredibly 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

That interview has left me more concerned than I was before. I just really didn't feel comfortable about it.

Does the Sheikh really want to keep Morris as a consultant?

It would make sense in the short term certainly. 

4 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I’m still in ‘the deal is going to happen’ camp following on from this interview. Stephen Pearce is talking as openly as he can (considering the NDA in place) and clearly states the deal is happening and more importantly there is no way we are going into administration. 
I’m pleased to hear that the staff and academy players have all been paid. 
It is (as most of us thought) a case of Tw@erres, Trolls and WUMs trying to make something out of nothing. 
Talk-sport gets some pellets at times but they are good at getting it from the horses mouth ??????

April 1912, Can I buy a ticket please to sail to the USA, Of course you can Sir would that be 1st 2nd or 3rd class, I'll have one ticket 2nd class please, That'll be £45-19s-6d, May I ask you a question, Yes of course Sir, Is that ship safe to travell on, Certainly Sir...The Titanic will never Sink.

2 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Why would the club be looking for alternative sources of finance for paying the wages if the takeover is imminent. Implies that it would be faster to get those in place than for the funds to land?

Bacause they are concerned that the deal won't happen in the very short term (or at all) and don't want to get to another month-end unable to pay the players/senior staff? - it's not good missing one set of wages, but explainable because the deal didn't happen when it was expected to - the short-term loan effectively is the club putting contingency measures in place to ensure that the players get what they're owned asap....

6 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

You have to take it into context of why I said are the club spending more than it earns and the posts previous to that, rather than just picking up on that point.

The post that you commented on, was around Mel not being obligated to put money into the club based on the millions he has spent previously. My point and correct me if I'm wrong, is that as the result of his decisions, is the reason why for every year he has owned the club, the monthly costs have exceeded what they were prior to his takeover.

The point is about the current moment in time. The 'mess we're in now' is Mel's lack of available cash. He obviously found a way to get the cash he needed to fund us up to the point he thought he was passing the club on to someone else, with no time to source additional cash to get pay the wages on time. The wage bill (seemingly your main gripe) is at a sustainable level and will only improve in the summer when Carson, Mitchell, Ravas, Wisdom, Davies, Malone, Holmes, Jozefzoon, Waghorn and Kazim (and Clarke) leave. Rooney should be signing a new deal on reduced terms soon as well.

As for your estimate of where we are at at the moment, by your own admittance, given the last accounts are over 3 years ago, there is no way of predicting of where we are now.

There is a way of predicting where we are now. It's just not as accurate as some would like. 

11 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

I kind of understand where Stephen is coming from. It’s not like it’s a normal bank transfer in the UK.

it is coming from a part of the world were nefarious money related activities are common place, it needs to pass numerous checks etc and probably adhere to a range of international rules. It’s not a Bond film where someone presses a button and the finances are straight in the bank regardless of where you are in the world. 

There will be added scrutiny by international law in the deal. 

People will still blame Mel and Stephen however, as if they purposely are holding up the deal. Baffling. 

Did it take this long for the Man City owners to purchase them? It's a genuine question because I don't know the answer.

I suspect not, likely down to the fact they actually had the money ready to go.

Even I could turn around to my mate and say I’ll transfer you that 100 quid now and then when it doesn’t go in just say again I did it and it should be there. Pearce says that the takeover should have been done 24th so the money should have been sent around that time. Never in my life has it taken someone over a month to send money and granted jurisdictions eg doesn’t take that long 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Did it take this long for the Man City owners to purchase them? It's a genuine question because I don't know the answer.

I suspect not, likely down to the fact they actually had the money ready to go.

7  months it’s took according to Steele on radio Derby. Burnley’s took 8 months.

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Cant believe he cares in the slightest. Probably something MM requested for his own reasons and was easily agreed 

Need to keep Mel in case the club need to defend and fight any more legal or efl proceedings that are out there. He has the history and done a reasonable job protecting us from fines and points deductions ...... so far

The amateur detective inside me still thinks that the news last night was leaked by someone senior at the club, to somehow add some urgency to the situation. Jim White is obviously well connected with MM and SP and the interview on the radio just now was to settle some nerves after some feathers were ruffled last night.

I think there's a very high stake poker hand being played right now and we just raised the stakes hoping that they'll call our hand. Hope we're not bluffing too much though.

I think I remember that Man City's owner's gave some kind of advance so they could make a big statement signing even before they took over? Since then as well as all the signings they have invested in the community etc etc. 

Nothing has been said that makes it look like we are getting even a pale imitation of that. Legal bills not paid, deals falling through, takeover money not appearing...hopefully all immaterial but they really aren't arriving on a golden chariot to generous applause are they! 

4 minutes ago, roboto said:

The amateur detective inside me still thinks that the news last night was leaked by someone senior at the club, to somehow add some urgency to the situation. Jim White is obviously well connected with MM and SP and the interview on the radio just now was to settle some nerves after some feathers were ruffled last night.

I think there's a very high stake poker hand being played right now and we just raised the stakes hoping that they'll call our hand. Hope we're not bluffing too much though.

The interview didn't settle my nerves to be honest. Okay, a short term measure to cover wages is being sorted but if the BZG deal collapses entirely then we will run out of road eventually.

Archived