Abu Derby County

tinman

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

someone said the lawyers were in fact Ashley's lawyers. So Ashley has said - I'll open the books and you can do your diligence to get a bid together, but you'll have to pay my lawyers' costs for helping you.

If Sheikh then falls out with Ashley (and most people do),  it's no wonder there's a dispute when the lawyers send Sheikh a bill

If the lawyers were Ashley’s what on earth are they doing working for the Sheik surely working for both parties in any legal\contractual issue would be a clear conflict of interest.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Did you look at the detail of the case and why they refused to pay ? Do you have information around why the offer was deemed insufficient ? The offer for Derby has by all accounts been accepted by Mel, it seems that he feels it's worthwhile.

Just wondering what additional  information you have to implore Mel not to sell ?

I have a pretty good idea ?

10 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Im just putting on somethings thats come up on my mobile phone as a google link thats all . 

I know they have put this statement out but dont you find it odd that Sheik i own 69 camels etc etc hasnt paid that by now ? . 

I will believe our deal when it actually passes through and not until, its taken to long and there are alot of smoke and mirrors in this world and whats the betting its not done by christmas and another excuse comes out . 

The length of time this deal is taking which they have not gone into detail of explaining why, makes me very suspicious still as the statement wasnt very enlightening at all . 

Im getting a niggly feeling our Mel wants out and wants out that desp he will now sell it to anyone no matter what he says in public to save face , im not liking these new owners . Even if they takeover with how this has gone do you really think there will be a CONSTANT golden rainbow of cash available ???  , i dont think their that kind of Sheik. Part of me is havingthis gut feeling that this sheik is going to be like the american lot and not like the man city lot . 

Lets see im crossing my fingers we are all happy . 

The American lot as you call them might just be the best owners we have had in your lifetime.

They managed to stabilise the finances and massively increase our revenue while also taking us very close to the holy grail.

Throwing money at it works a lot less often than people think and more often than not ends up in tears.

17 minutes ago, roboto said:

SillyBilly (apt)... how do you know I don't take offence from the other stereotypes you mention? Is it because you aren't offended because they're all white so it's alright? For the record, it should the Germans, the French or the Welsh. Each of these countries is also multi-cultural and I wouldn't class a country by race these days.

I haven't been to an Islington dinner party since I moved out of the area about 10 years ago. I say dinner party, it was more of booze-fuelled house party, but potatoes, potatoes. How did you know about that? ? 

Jokes are funny, but stereotyping as a comedy vehicle is a thing of the past. A bit like Jethro and Jim Davidson. My dad's a fan of that sort of humour, but I still love him. He also comes out with all manner of crazy terms to describe people that is utterly offensive and he doesn't know it or appreciate it.

I don't think I'm classed as "woke", I'm unsure. I feel like you want to label me that way. I grew up in a predominantly white area and went to a predominantly white school but since leaving for university found that there's a larger world out there and some of the things I might've said or done in the past may have been funny to me at the time but can easily not be funny to those that are the butt of the "joke". It's safe to assume that from your response you are probably white and find it hard to understand why you can't say certain words. That's ok, I'm not going to judge anyone for that.  I am currently having to learn how to deal with everyday racism, being the father of 2 mixed race children who come home from school and don't understand the names they've been called during the day or why other children pick on them for being slightly different looking to them. I didn't have any of this as a youngster growing up, I was lucky. Has that "woke" me up?

You say you've lived outside of the UK, so I hope you understand what it might be like being the minority.

Did you have anything to add about the proposed takeover? I mentioned I didn't want to derail this thread into an off-topic debate, but felt the need to respond to your comment before it went further.

I don't actually care that you mentioned about thread derailing, you said your piece and I said mine. You don't get to post on a matter such as racism then demand a last voice on it. The first post I skim read and this latest post means we obviously inhabit different planets and that is fine - my experience is only the Left gets triggered enough not to accept an opposing point of view. I don't suffer from that affliction thankfully but do admit I find it mildly frustrating at times that seemingly the most intolerant are the ones preaching tolerance.

6 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I don't actually care that you mentioned about thread derailing, you said your piece and I said mine. You don't get to post on a matter such as racism then demand a last voice on it. The first post I skim read and this latest post means we obviously inhabit different planets and that is fine - my experience is only the Left gets triggered enough not to accept an opposing point of view. I don't suffer from that affliction thankfully but do admit I find it mildly frustrating at times that seemingly the most intolerant are the ones preaching tolerance.

I just know that these topics can get out of hand but your latest post is sensible and more considered than your first. I guess my experience is that the Right are often too ignorant to consider an opposing point of view. So maybe we're both wrong ? 

That's cool, we can agree to disagree. I think we are tolerant and intolerant of different things. They cancel each other out. If the world was balanced it would be dull.

Any views on the takeover?

1 hour ago, Asheville Ram said:

The Sheik's company was being sued for breach of contract by Pinsent Masons, contract law is quite specific and "can't be arsed to pay" is not covered under contract law, furthermore the Sheik's company has evidently already lost the case with the high court issuing a judgement against that company in September, 

I understand your comments about Ashley, but when he tried to buy Liverpool back in August 2019, the Liverpool ECHO reported that the proposal from from Sheik Khaled didn't get past the vetting stage with New York-based boutique investment bank Allen & Company.

It was judged the offer was neither credible nor worthwhile to be put forward to major shareholders John W Henry and Mike Gordon.

I would implore Mel not to sell the club at this point in time.

You do realise the Liverpool deal was £2bn rather than £60m?

I'm sure MM will take advice from someone posting on an internet forum with absolutely zero knowledge of the deal, its probably how he got so rich in the first place.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm sure MM will take advice from someone posting on an internet forum with absolutely zero knowledge of the deal, its probably how he got so rich in the first place.

He gambled on buying a football club, how clever is that?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well he's down enough to make him sell to anyone he can get to bid!

Roy, my worry is that we can’t make players stay with us apart from the ones nobody wants ?.  The Rooney effect may make knight, sibbo etc feel perhaps there is something worthwhile staying at dcfc.  

2 hours ago, BIllyD said:

The Sheik's company was being sued for breach of contract by Pinsent Masons, contract law is quite specific and "can't be arsed to pay" is not covered under contract law, furthermore the Sheik's company has evidently already lost the case with the high court issuing a judgement against that company in September

all the high court judgements are on line but looks like there is nothing for this case. SO maybe Bin Zayed Investments simply didn't defend it. ie they said to the lawyers we're not paying, we've not got assets in the UK so go to court and get judgement if you want. But you'll have to come and enforce it in Dubai and by the way we've got friends in high places there.

You'd need to know the detail of the dispute to draw any conclusions and I don't think there's a way to get anything. If that's right, abysmal journalism by the Athletic

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Didn't say he'd run out of money. But it's cost him a pretty penny! And now he wants out and some money back.

Yes, probably more a case for Mr Morris, that the novelty of owning the club he supports has worn off, due to the failure to gain promotion and subsequently having to shell out millions to pay the staff and keep the lights on at PP. 

Just now, europia said:

Yes, probably more a case for Mr Morris, that the novelty of owning the club he supports has worn off, due to the failure to gain promotion and subsequently having to shell out millions to pay the staff and keep the lights on at PP. 

Why still turn up to watch games then? Money is why he's selling up.

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why still turn up to watch games then? Money is why he's selling up.

When he first took over he said he didn't intend on losing money. I think he genuinely believed he could turn us into a global brand and make some money along the way, investing in something that is close to his heart.

Over the years he has probably realised that it's more difficult than he anticipated and it's time to cut the losses. 

Archived