Abu Derby County

tinman

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mate, I'm Mr Negative, I eat sugar puffs 3 months out of date just so I have something to moan to the wife about, however.. 

Part of me still thinks the takeover could happen, John Percy is very close to the club and the Daily Mail seem ready to pounce on any bad news story going, fact none of those 2 have commented is good news for me.

The hold up must be the stadium, which, if Sheikh K is trying to buy that too is good news.

This, Why would you want to buy a football club but not the Stadium?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Topram said:

I do think it’s odd the club clearly told Rooney over a week ago it was 1/2 days away 

Maybe that's what they were expecting but that deadline lapsed and we went into a period where there was a national holiday in Abu Dhabi followed by the weekend here. I acknowledge that it's now Wednesday the following week, but that could've caused some delays. Add into this that we're dealing with 3 time zones for a business deal (Middle East, GMT and US) and that gives only a small window of time each day within business hours to work on stuff. Yes, they could be working around the clock, but DCFC isn't the main issue on a day to day for a US computing corporation, so we might not be prioritised as much as us fans would hope for, which can cause further delays.

In Christmas shopping terms, I guess it's like ordering online late on a Thursday and Hermes picking up the parcel the next day. It stays in their system over the weekend, patiently waiting to be delivered, then some "freelance" courier picks up the parcel as part of their round and throws it into the car with everything else. It sits there and waits as other packages get delivered, patiently waiting it's turn, but it gets forgotten and the courier feels he's done enough deliveries for the day so heads home. He can always deliver the rest tomorrow, right? The next day he heads into the depot, fills up again. The DCFC rescue package sitting quietly in the far corner of his Vauxhall Zafira (the courier is saving up for a low mileage VW Transporter - the large parcels are where the real money is at with Hermes). Another day goes by and the package is ignored again. Has the courier forgotten? Perhaps he stopped to make the delivery but couldn't find the parcel in the piles of other christmas shopping that he's delivering.

Meanwhile, the DCFCFans users go mad on the Hermes tracking site. Constantly refreshing to see where the delivery is. "With Your Courier" - but the parcel has been with the courier for days now and still no delivery! DCFCFans try to get in touch with customer services... it's Hermes, it's just a chatbot. They persevere anyway, adding the tracking code and Pride Park postcode to the chat system. The message is the same, you want to talk to a human and find out where the package is, but all you get is "Is there anything else I can help you with today?" You enter the tracking number and postcode again... The circle of tracking doom continues. In a fit of rage you worry that the deal is lost. You go onto a forum and cry about how the package is lost and nothing will come from it and how bad Hermes are at delivering on time, or to the right address, or in the right condition. Other users fill you with confidence that they have this problem too, what a poo service!

Let's hope the courier checks the back of his Zafira this week and finds the package. He might need to return it to the depot, but hopefully it will be rerouted soon. Either that or we can calim money back through Paypal and find another site to buy our gifts from, one who use DPD or UPS etc.

21 minutes ago, roboto said:

Maybe that's what they were expecting but that deadline lapsed and we went into a period where there was a national holiday in Abu Dhabi followed by the weekend here. I acknowledge that it's now Wednesday the following week, but that could've caused some delays. Add into this that we're dealing with 3 time zones for a business deal (Middle East, GMT and US) and that gives only a small window of time each day within business hours to work on stuff. Yes, they could be working around the clock, but DCFC isn't the main issue on a day to day for a US computing corporation, so we might not be prioritised as much as us fans would hope for, which can cause further delays.

In Christmas shopping terms, I guess it's like ordering online late on a Thursday and Hermes picking up the parcel the next day. It stays in their system over the weekend, patiently waiting to be delivered, then some "freelance" courier picks up the parcel as part of their round and throws it into the car with everything else. It sits there and waits as other packages get delivered, patiently waiting it's turn, but it gets forgotten and the courier feels he's done enough deliveries for the day so heads home. He can always deliver the rest tomorrow, right? The next day he heads into the depot, fills up again. The DCFC rescue package sitting quietly in the far corner of his Vauxhall Zafira (the courier is saving up for a low mileage VW Transporter - the large parcels are where the real money is at with Hermes). Another day goes by and the package is ignored again. Has the courier forgotten? Perhaps he stopped to make the delivery but couldn't find the parcel in the piles of other christmas shopping that he's delivering.

Meanwhile, the DCFCFans users go mad on the Hermes tracking site. Constantly refreshing to see where the delivery is. "With Your Courier" - but the parcel has been with the courier for days now and still no delivery! DCFCFans try to get in touch with customer services... it's Hermes, it's just a chatbot. They persevere anyway, adding the tracking code and Pride Park postcode to the chat system. The message is the same, you want to talk to a human and find out where the package is, but all you get is "Is there anything else I can help you with today?" You enter the tracking number and postcode again... The circle of tracking doom continues. In a fit of rage you worry that the deal is lost. You go onto a forum and cry about how the package is lost and nothing will come from it and how bad Hermes are at delivering on time, or to the right address, or in the right condition. Other users fill you with confidence that they have this problem too, what a poo service!

Let's hope the courier checks the back of his Zafira this week and finds the package. He might need to return it to the depot, but hopefully it will be rerouted soon. Either that or we can calim money back through Paypal and find another site to buy our gifts from, one who use DPD or UPS etc.

Ah i see now.

The hold up is Mel's £60m in used fivers is currently marked as "delivered" and sitting in a windswept hedge somewhere in the Derbyshire countryside.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

I do think it’s odd the club clearly told Rooney over a week ago it was 1/2 days away 

I reckon that was a trap.  Mel is clearly in cahoots with The Vardy's, and told Rooney the lie to try and catch him out.

Obviously Mel was only expecting to see it blabbed on Coleen's Instagram, not for Wayne himself to go blabbing full face to the TV bods!  

55 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Ah i see now.

The hold up is Mel's £60m in used fivers is currently marked as "delivered" and sitting in a windswept hedge somewhere in the Derbyshire countryside.

Perhaps it's caught up behind the back of Utch's sofa?

I knew that would become a bit of a problem one day.

It's generally a good idea not to string people along and tell them that something is 'imminent' when you haven't got a bloody clue yourself when it'll actually happen, or worse you know it'll be another few weeks but keep giving out messages that it's right around the corner.

People will say that the club have kept their word and made no official statement, so we should just be patient, but obviously someone will be briefing Rooney with what to say when asked. It's not a club statement but it's still a message from the club.

Just be honest about things, if you don't know anything, don't say anything, don't drip feed inaccurate ******** to your temporary manager to give out in press conferences making it sound like an announcement is due any time now when it isn't.

It sets a poor tone from the off, and perpetuates a lack of trust already in place from reading about people's past dealings with the potential new owners.

Archived