Abu Derby County

tinman

1 minute ago, StarterForTen said:

Sorry, are you referencing various Arab states there, or the building of the British Empire?
We all have blood on our hands. 

its amazing how quickly and easily people are able to turn a blind eye to atrocities when it means they might be seeing a football team win a few more games than they used to.......its so sad.

And....the take over wont happen, so it is just highlights this.....because even if you didn't mean it would be so easy to condemn it.... such a sad indictment of society and our fan base... (and before you say it I know that ever other fan base would also have loads who would sell their granny to get into the champions league - doesnt make it right though)

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Half fan said:

Hear hear! I associate a lot with" one of our own", such as Knight, Buchanan, Sibley et al. Seeing their past and future success is all part of the tribalism of being a true club fan. I think the same of Fergie's band of youngsters - what an achievement by ManU. Almost made me like that wretched club. But lashing a foreigner's millions on imports will not be the same. Those of us who are apprehensive about this takeover, are worried about our club's soul being sold.

I hated it when we got those foreigners in during the 90s and 00s. Give me Camp, Holmes and Doyle over Poom, Simon, Eranio, Kinkladze, Wanchope and Baiano...

54 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

1) If this purchase goes ahead, what would be the appeal to the new owner if they can't spend big ? So i'm assuming they can spend big

2) Regarding FFP, I thought that if the sale is lock, stock & barrel then FFP does get reset - Villa remained in trouble because the owner took on an additional owner

3) Maybe 'selling out' to a mega rich owner is vital for survival as so many non premier teams have a realistic possibility of going out of business very soon

Ffp does not get reset. 

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

its amazing how quickly and easily people are able to turn a blind eye to atrocities when it means they might be seeing a football team win a few more games than they used to.......its so sad.

And....the take over wont happen, so it is just highlights this.....because even if you didn't mean it would be so easy to condemn it.... such a sad indictment of society and our fan base... (and before you say it I know that ever other fan base would also have loads who would sell their granny to get into the champions league - doesnt make it right though)

Would never dream of selling my granny, far more profitable to raffle her off.?

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Don't point it out, this is the best part of the thread! ?

It clearly doesn’t matter that it’s been pointed out as people keep doing it? It reminds me of that guy you always get sitting near you at the match who keeps saying how terrible a particular player is playing whilst you and everyone else you assume knows he’s not even in the squad that day. Then the guy next to him says “Your right youth, he’s rubbish. Send him back”.

18 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I would love it if we have an owner with the ambition and wherewithal to reach those dizzy heights again in my lifetime. I know hard core Man Citeh fans and they have absolutely loved their ascent to the football summit.

I agree it's just the plastic fans I can't stand. The glory supporters. But that comes with being a big team at the top of the tree consistently.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't forget thrashing Benfica! Can't think for a minute I was upset about all the money we'd spent! ?

Yes I was there and it was fantastic. We go to be entertained and entertained we were.  I really don't think the younger supporters understand how much a positive effect those days had on the town of Derby. Everybody was swept along in the euphoria. And no I wasn't upset by the money spent either.

Just now, Dappled Ram said:

Yes I was there and it was fantastic. We go to be entertained and entertained we were.  I really don't think the younger supporters understand how much a positive effect those days had on the town of Derby. Everybody was swept along in the euphoria. And no I wasn't upset by the money spent either.

I'm trying not to get carried away with the idea of a big investment in the club ala Man City! Those were truly great days for the club and I can't but hope we get to experience similar again. It would be great. #COYR

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Yes ? bring it on!!! get us challenging at the top of the premier league and bring home some silver. It’s about time this happened I’m fed up of watching us battle out a 1-1 draw with Cardiff Clod Hoppers. I want to be playing Barcelona mid week with Messi in our team.

Don't be stupid? Messi will be injured its the gypsy curse

2 hours ago, DCFClks said:

. Every time they win it's meaningless. Success is relative. Getting promoted as Derby is now would be amazing but if they could win a quadruple with Oil Money and It would mean nothing. I I know money has already ruined most of what football is but this would just be too much. So to answer you question, Yes, if it meant loosing at Luton but still existing as a club then I'd choose it. Rant over.

So you think our title wins were meaningless then? We were breaking national transfer records to become champions of England. I fail to see how being bankrolled by another rich owner would be any different

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm trying not to get carried away with the idea of a big investment in the club ala Man City! Those were truly great days for the club and I can't but hope we get to experience similar again. It would be great. 

It's given my mood a bit of a boost today though. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm trying not to get carried away with the idea of a big investment in the club ala Man City! Those were truly great days for the club and I can't but hope we get to experience similar again. It would be great. #COYR

Yeah be great...... its easy to see beyond the fact that the money would come from people who think it is ok to throw a woman in jail for "disobeying" her husband...... or confiscate migrant workers passports so they can never leave..... or dish out public floggings to people found guilty in the dodgiest of courts ever... all sounds legit to me.... COYR.. pathetic.

20 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Yep, I will and i wont be the only one.

And on the same vein, if they do take over you are prepared to over look all the terrible human rights, the innocent people being murdered, the starving children, the homophobia, the sexual inequality etc etc etc issues that they have just to support a football team....?

All of which exists in the UK. Don’t you know much about our criminal justice system? The massacres we’re guilty of? The arms sales to any despot who wants them? 
Everything you say is true of every country. I can’t understand people thinking we’re any better? Where does this exceptionalism. One from? Did you see the anti BLM protests this summer? The ‘football lads’?? We’re a bigoted country just like they are.

Archived