Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HariboWest said:

If you were investors right now, you’d be taking your cash and running a mile.

PR exercise bringing Rooney in and it’s a big gamble to line Mel’s pockets selling up. It’s playing with the future of OUR football club. It’s not good enough. 

There’s a serious point in here. If it were me I’d have been aware of an issue post Barnsley, right now I’d be firm in my stance that value of the club has fallen. I don’t think the ever increasing possibility of relegation is something I’d just sit on without adjusting the value. 

After last night (& recent results), I think if I were the prospective owners, I'd agree to buy the club but only after things are put right on the pitch.

And that's where the problem lies - will results improve ??

If  I was buying a house my lender would agree to the mortgage only after faults on the survey had been put right 

4 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Every day we hear it's getting closer but it's not getting closer and the long we are a club in transition the worse state our club becomes. I really think Morris isn't bothered one bit and is holding the deal up for some reason. 

How could it possibly be in his interests to let this drag on, whilst his asset looks more and more overvalued as the days go by?  He needs this to quickly conclude as much as the operational side of the club does, so changes can be made.

7 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Every day we hear it's getting closer but it's not getting closer and the long we are a club in transition the worse state our club becomes. I really think Morris isn't bothered one bit and is holding the deal up for some reason. 

3 minutes ago, one_chop said:

It's clearly obvious that the takeover isn't going to happen. Respected journalist's almost 2 weeks ago reported that it would happen LAST WEEK. Not a dickie bird since.

Are you two related

5 minutes ago, one_chop said:

It's clearly obvious that the takeover isn't going to happen. Respected journalist's almost 2 weeks ago reported that it would happen LAST WEEK. Not a dickie bird since.

Since the last update in the paper we have had news direct from the club twice which indicate this hasnt fell through. The potential owners spoke with rosenior & rooney on a zoom call & then they were mentioned when McClaren was appointed days ago

Not sure I agree the price of the club has decreased. Primarily the assetts are the same as they were several weeks ago. The desirability to own the club may be effected by our recent performances and league position. However as a potential new owner/ investor  i would be wanting to implement changes irrespective of being 10 th or bottom of the division.

1 hour ago, one_chop said:

It’s not like they are using Amazon to buy the bloody thing. It’s a complicated purchase, it’s a fragmented business and any deal will take time. If it happens it will happen on its own time, not when impatient fans demand it. 

13 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Not sure I agree the price of the club has decreased. Primarily the assetts are the same as they were several weeks ago. The desirability to own the club may be effected by our recent performances and league position. However as a potential new owner/ investor  i would be wanting to implement changes irrespective of being 10 th or bottom of the division.

Asset value is only part of the price consideration. Income stream, including ability to generate ticketing, tv & social media and other marketing and commercial revenues, is just as important, and will be greatly impacted if the club falls into League 1.  I would be negotiating hard now if I was the purchaser.

Archived