Abu Derby County

tinman

6 minutes ago, big bad ram said:

Ed Dawes mentioned in the pre game chat last night that the takeover won't be ratified until the EFL appeal is out of the way which is set to be in a couple of weeks.

I’ve been thinking the same. A points deduction at this stage would be curtains for the club. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I’ve been thinking the same. A points deduction at this stage would be curtains for the club. 

I thought I'd read that they aren't appealing the stadium sake but the amortisation policy and whichever way that goes there couldn't be a points deduction for that charge? I stand to be corrected though. 

11 minutes ago, big bad ram said:

Ed Dawes mentioned in the pre game chat last night that the takeover won't be ratified until the EFL appeal is out of the way which is set to be in a couple of weeks.

Have you checked that with Dicky2468 or whatever his name is. 

15 minutes ago, big bad ram said:

But they’ve said we won’t appoint a manager until the take over is complete that would be a nightmare 

3 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I thought I'd read that they aren't appealing the stadium sake but the amortisation policy and whichever way that goes there couldn't be a points deduction for that charge? I stand to be corrected though. 

They aren't appealing the stadium valuation. They are appealing the amortisation policy, or at least our disclosure of it. They haven't ruled out a points deduction if we're found guilty.

The EFL also reserve the right to re-open previous cases if new information comes to light - such as a club being bought for £60m including a stadium previously valued at £80m.

2 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

It was a weird thing to appeal - the policy wasn’t considered to be against the rules, simply that we didn’t make it clear enough what we were doing. The EFL appealing that decision makes no sense unless they think they can change the rules retrospectively - which would be beyond ridiculous and leave them open to further litigation. Really can’t see what they hope to achieve.....

13 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Pretty sure they just make it up as they go along mate ?‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, DerbyNutter said:

Because independent commission panel said so. EFL are appealing different one against us and that ain't going to be points deduction anyway. 

Er what? The appeal is about the amortisation which the icp found us under partial breach but thought it not worthy of a points deduction.  What is the ‘ different one’ you mention 

Right now there’s only one outcome to all of this, relegation. It’s got that written all over it, we’ve seen it time and time again at other clubs. Off field manoeuvring completely distracts from the on field element.

Who ever is currently running the club needs to make a decision for the good of the club and not themselves. We need an experienced fire fighter manager to remind the players it’s not optional to be interested and end this committee debacle, the net result of which is always going to be a power struggle - made to power 10 worse by adding a DoF to mixture. 

The decisions of those running the club have caused this mess and it’s up to them to rectify it. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Woah, really? How does he know that then?

That’s new news and concerning. If the appeal goes wrong way (ie we have to pay some sort of fine that hasn’t been included in the current take over package), then negotiations start again !

But Mel would have to stay on to appeal against the appeal. 
Repeat until the Supreme Court make a judgment. Trumpesque

5 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

That’s new news and concerning. If the appeal goes wrong way (ie we have to pay some sort of fine that hasn’t been included in the current take over package), then negotiations start again !

But Mel would have to stay on to appeal against the appeal. 
Repeat until the Supreme Court make a judgment. Trumpesque

I don’t think there is an appeal option

Archived