Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I know folk won't like this, but I think MM has been a disaster for the club.

Disaster is a bit harsh - I think most owner fans would have their scarf around their neck when making decisions when in fact they need their tie on 100% of the time.

I'm sure it has put a lot of stress on his life let alone his bank balance and as supporters, we need to appreciate that. If he lands the club with big investors, I'm sure you'll be retracting that statement. 

5 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

The silence is deafening .

Its o.k to leak the story out someones taking over by the formation of that company " derventinio holdings " or whatever , they knew when that happened the story would break . Since then the impression has been it will be over in a few days most it will take is the international break or this is the impression we were lead to believe. 

They issue a statement of there will be no further discussion on this subject till the takeover is done , well thats damn convenient isnt it .

What about now alot of time has passed no new information no nothing . All this is now doing is unsettling fans players and the club .If the new owners want to get respected by the fans that are going to turn up at games they need to give out some information now either that or Mel Morris does as this is fast turning into a complete farce and the fans deserve better .As Derby fans we have had to put up with some proper crap for years while turning up to spend our money , i know joe public these days are treated like sheep ( pardon the pun lol ) But the silence is becoming disrespectful to the fans and the club and the players and all staff . 

Get it done now or go away so we can move on .We all know this year deep down its either league 1 with no money or league 1 with the biggest sack full of cash in the history of the football league and i think its what we need . A damn good overhaul and clearout and start again at least if a takeover happens we have the finance and we are not marooned with no money . 

Something smells bad about all of this now ,if it isnt done this week then the writing is deffo on the wall its takover failed attempt number 3 and these guys want banning ! .

Another fan in the "Give me my £100m Now" brigade.

I hate this selfish approach from fans. 

I think the silence shows professionalism.

What smells bad to you? That a £100m acquisition hasn't been completed in a few days?

I honestly don't have a clue what planet some fans are on - but its certainly a planet where there are no legal identities!!!

I think people can see the first team situation currently and think MM has been bad for the club, but if you look at the whole club and how it's developed since MM has been in charge it's far from being a disaster IMO. The youth sides, the training ground, the increased media revenue are all things that have happened within his tenure.

We need to look at the bigger picture before calling his time in charge a disaster.

Even if we just look at the first team picture. We've sustained a top end Championship team that have fallen just short on several occasions, that isn't easy in this division, as we are now finding out.

26 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Mel Morris has been a disgrace, the sooner he goes the better as far as I'm concerned. People may say oh but his intentions are good, he means we'll, he's a fan. All that BS doesnt matter because we are a sinking ship that he is helping to drag down to league 1, he's removed the captain of the ship hired some drunken sailors and is looking at abandoning the ship just before its at the bottom of the ocean and will then hire a new captain. 

He will be lucky to get a fiver for this club by the time he sells it in my opinion . Each game that passes by we are closer and closer to relegation, its just a disgrace.  We have a good academy but what good is that when all of them are just FFP fodder to sell in the summer, if we go down next time we go to pride Park we won't be seeing Sibley we will be seeing a bunch of orcs kick a ball around against Accrington with about 18000 attendance. 

21 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I think that a bit unfair given the money and time he has invested in the club. That said a good few chickens have come home to roost this year for sure, and he is selling the club moving with the wrong trajectory. His legacy might ultimately be determined by how the new owners respond in the next year or two (if this deal happens).

8 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

How has it been a disaster?

Takes over with a great squad leaves us with a shower of poo who are midtable at best and rock bottom with no proper management, selling the club to duck knows who before we go down  and a team that is an embarrassment to the local area. Now let me think about it. 

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I think that a bit unfair given the money and time he has invested in the club. That said a good few chickens have come home to roost this year for sure, and he is selling the club moving with the wrong trajectory. His legacy might ultimately be determined by how the new owners respond in the next year or two (if this deal happens).

For me no matter who he sells us to his legacy will be  rubbish, may mean well buts he been a complete failure meaning good doesn't count for much in our situation. 

2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

For me no matter who he sells us to his legacy will be  rubbish, may mean well buts he been a complete failure meaning good doesn't count for much in our situation. 

You are a very ungrateful young man and should go straight to bed.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

You are a very ungrateful young man and should go straight to bed.

Ive got nothing to be grateful for when it comes to Mel Morris, I will be very grateful when he has finally sold up though. The table doesnt lie we are a shocking team and have regressed massively in the last few years, Lampards loans covered over the cracks but years of piss poor recruitment has hit home hard. I feel slightly sorry for him but that doesn't mean I won't be happy to see him leave the club. 

I wouldnt say Mel has been a disaster, far from it, although if I had to describe things since he purchased the club, I would probably say 'Sublime to the ridiculous'.

Our academy is 2nd to none (actually very almost 2nd to none)

We have started to blood some very good players of our own who are actually being noticed and attract good fees. Knight and Buchanan will have the red top regs buzzing before long.

We have had a few playoff pushes, cracking cup runs. Wembley.

We have seen Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole, Rooney, Mount, Tomori and Wilson play for the club.

The profile of the club was raised....

However...

Things have started to unravel at an alarming rate this and last season. Not necessarily Mels fault, but as the owner of the club the buck stops with him. The stadium sale, 32 red deal with Rooney, managerial sackings, Keoghs sacking, lack of wingers last season, lack of striker this season. EFL charges, failed takeover with Gabay and our raised profile ebbing away. Not to mention being bottom of the table without a manager.

But, if Mel can get this takeover over the line and it results in a new manager, new players and a move up the table, the negatives disappear and all you are left with are the positives.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I wouldnt say Mel has been a disaster, far from it, although if I had to describe things since he purchased the club, I would probably say 'Sublime to the ridiculous'.

Our academy is 2nd to none (actually very almost 2nd to none)

We have started to blood some very good players of our own who are actually being noticed and attract good fees. Knight and Buchanan will have the red top regs buzzing before long.

We have had a few playoff pushes, cracking cup runs. Wembley.

We have seen Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole, Rooney, Mount, Tomori and Wilson play for the club.

The profile of the club was raised....

However...

Things have started to unravel at an alarming rate this and last season. Not necessarily Mels fault, but as the owner of the club the buck stops with him. The stadium sale, 32 red deal with Rooney, managerial sackings, Keoghs sacking, lack of wingers last season, lack of striker this season. EFL charges, failed takeover with Gabay and our raised profile ebbing away. Not to mention being bottom of the table without a manager.

But, if Mel can get this takeover over the line and it results in a new manager, new players and a move up the table, the negatives disappear and all you are left with are the positives.

"If", the saying if my grandma had a penis she would be my grandad applies I think. Also I wouldn't slap Mel Morris on the back and say we'll played if we finished 21st, we aren't Wycombe we need to finish at least about 15th for even a slither of credibility. 

14 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Takes over with a great squad leaves us with a shower of poo who are midtable at best and rock bottom with no proper management, selling the club to duck knows who before we go down  and a team that is an embarrassment to the local area. Now let me think about it. 

Always better to be thought of as an over reacting fool than start bashing away at your keyboard to confirm it. No offence meant, just saying. ? 

4 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Always better to be thought of as an over reacting fool than start bashing away at your keyboard to confirm it. No offence meant, just saying. ? 

Over reactment is subjective, I could argue some are delusional fools who think we might still finish top 6 but there you go. There isn't a set right or wrong in how you see things at the club, some more extreme but tbh my predictions have been way more accurate than the vast majority so I wouldn't be too dismissive.  I predicted the points tally for the next 6 or 7 games, not negatively or optimisticly quite a while back was laughed at in reality we have less points than I predicted so it's really not a laughing matter. I won't be laughing if we haven't got more than 1 win by Christmas. 

20 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Takes over a great squad? Most of the players in that squad never went on to better things, in fact most of them dramatically fell down the leagues. Will Hughes and Jeff Hendrick are the only two that went on to better things, really. Coutts and Freeman went to play in the Premier League on the fringes.

It was far from a great squad. 

Archived