Abu Derby County

tinman

56 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

They aren't appealing the stadium valuation. They are appealing the amortisation policy, or at least our disclosure of it. They haven't ruled out a points deduction if we're found guilty.

The EFL also reserve the right to re-open previous cases if new information comes to light - such as a club being bought for £60m including a stadium previously valued at £80m.

You do keep making this misleading point. The purchaser is buying assets and also liabilities.  Additionally the purchaser is buying a club that is losing let’s say £10m PA (because I can’t be arsed to look). Nobody, and I mean nobody, buys any business simply based on the value of its assets.

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

They aren't appealing the stadium valuation. They are appealing the amortisation policy, or at least our disclosure of it. They haven't ruled out a points deduction if we're found guilty.

The EFL also reserve the right to re-open previous cases if new information comes to light - such as a club being bought for £60m including a stadium previously valued at £80m.

As the club don't own the stadium that doesn't factor in. They buy the club for 60 million then lease the stadium from Mel. 

Just now, i-Ram said:

You do keep making this misleading point. The purchaser is buying assets and also liabilities.  Additionally the purchaser is buying a club that is losing let’s say £10m PA (because I can’t be arsed to look). Nobody, and I mean nobody, buys any business simply based on the value of its assets.

That is a huge over simplification and simply untrue. 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

As the club don't own the stadium that doesn't factor in. They buy the club for 60 million then lease the stadium from Mel. 

Agree that it is irrelevant if the £60m doesn't include the stadium. It's only if the stadium is included that the EFL will possibly look again.

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

well whats wrong with that?

DCFC £60m.........= Stadium value £80m plus value of first team squad £(20)m = £60m and voila!

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Agree that it is irrelevant if the £60m doesn't include the stadium. It's only if the stadium is included that the EFL will possibly look again.

I'm not worried.  If he sold it for a tenner it doesn't overly matter as he could just say he sold it for a loss to get the deal done as long as he owns the fixed asset outright ? .  More concerned about any deal getting done at all.  

27 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm not worried.  If he sold it for a tenner it doesn't overly matter as he could just say he sold it for a loss to get the deal done as long as he owns the fixed asset outright ? .  More concerned about any deal getting done at all.  

Exactly, could argue that the day to day running of the club outweighed the value of the stadium and therefore he sold it at a big loss as that was the offer on the table, alternative is the club would have to be placed in administration.

10 minutes ago, Topram said:

Steve Nicholson said the delay isn’t to do with the appeal 

I hope people finally realise that now.

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Yes, we won it.

Yeah but people still think this stuff is causing the delay etc. I don't know why they think that way anyway. 

45 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

In what way is it untrue? 

If the takeover goes through and the stadium is included, the EFL will take note of the valuation of the stadium in the transaction. If it is below the value that Mel used in his FFP wheeze, they may consider re-opening the case. The value of other assets and liabilities are irrelevant in this case. If the headline figure is £60m it will increase pressure (with insistence from Gibson) for them to act. That does not mean they will, or that such an action could not be successfully defended, but to claim that it is not possible is simply wrong.

"Derby's takeover by Sheikh Khaled is still on course to go through, but has been delayed by negotiations involving American investors MSD Capital and the prospective new owners.

MSD Capital provided Derby with one substantial loan earlier this year and paperwork is still being exchanged between the two parties before the takeover can be concluded."