No pressure but...Bielik is the key

sage

6 hours ago, Xlor said:

I think we are missing 'the key'. Weve no box to box centre midfielder who can bag 10 a season. It's a back 6 and a front 4 if you like. If we had one of those the striker would score more too. All those crosses last night and no late runner just standing targets. Nobody bursting in to the box.

Knight and Sibley definitely can

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's no coincidence that our upturn in form has come alongside Bielik's reintroduction to the team. He does a great job of screening the back four, but also he gets us ticking much quicker as he always plays the positive progressive pass, and we've really missed someone moving the ball on quickly and not slowing us down.

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's no coincidence that our upturn in form has come alongside Bielik's reintroduction to the team. He does a great job of screen the back four, but also he gets us ticking much quicker as he always plays the positive progressive pass, and we've really missed someone moving the ball on quickly and not slowing us down.

Always rated him and knew he would make a difference. Much more of an impact in midfield ?

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's no coincidence that our upturn in form has come alongside Bielik's reintroduction to the team. He does a great job of screen the back four, but also he gets us ticking much quicker as he always plays the positive progressive pass, and we've really missed someone moving the ball on quickly and not slowing us down.

You can see why Cocu wanted to build around him. That injury was a massive blow and we didn’t really come to terms with it in his absence. He gives us something we haven’t got when he’s not available. He’ll probably need a few more games to get properly tuned in again but if he stays fit, I think he’ll make all the difference.

Now for a goal scoring forward....?

11 hours ago, Andicis said:

Best player we have. Makes me think we don't need 2 holding midfielders, since I'd trust him to be able to do the work of 2 by himself, allowing space for more attackers. 

Like 2015/16 Leicester's 3 man midfield of Drinkwater in the middle and Kante at either side of him?

I'm not comfortable with all this praise so close to a transfer window. Sean Dyche reads the forum you know.

53 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

What a player. Can't hep but wonder if things would have gone differently for Cocu had he been fully fit. 

I knew someone would laugh at this but I also wonder. Best player comes back, team looks better? If we had done an injury exchange, Rooney for Bielik I doubt we would be in this mess. 

5 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I knew someone would laugh at this but I also wonder. Best player comes back, team looks better? If we had done an injury exchange, Rooney for Bielik I doubt we would be in this mess. 

You'll never guess which poster laughed at the idea that things might have gone differently for Cocu if he'd had his best players available

44 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

You'll never guess which poster laughed at the idea that things might have gone differently for Cocu if he'd had his best players available

If you two seriously think that Bielik being fit would have saved Cocu then it's worth a couple of laughs for sure. Think of all the rest of the team and how they were playing.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you two seriously think that Bielik being fit would have saved Cocu then it's worth a couple of laughs for sure. Think of all the rest of the team and how they were playing.

Why is it funny? Bielik is by far our best player, Cocu was without him. We look better under Rooney, but is that due to Rooney not playing? With Rooney as manager, he doesn't play, which helps us on the pitch. Replace Bielik in the games we've played with Rooney DM so far this season and we would've done better than we did.

Archived