No pressure but...Bielik is the key

sage

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just want to say what a good performance he had today. Been out for a year and in his first game back for the first team he showed his class. Calm and composed in possession whilst being combative out of possession. 109/120 passes completed with some excellent long balls in there. 6/7 ground duels won. Covered well for both Byrne and Davies. Completely wasted at RCB, could've done with his composed, forward thinking presence passing in DM today, or even as the centre CB going into DM when attacking. 

5 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Just want to say what a good performance he had today. Been out for a year and in his first game back for the first team he showed his class. Calm and composed in possession whilst being combative out of possession. 109/120 passes completed with some excellent long balls in there. 6/7 ground duels won. Covered well for both Byrne and Davies. Completely wasted at RCB, could've done with his composed, forward thinking presence passing in DM today, or even as the centre CB going into DM when attacking. 

He clearly wanted to maraud out of defence, he tried it with his first touch of the ball. Agree was wasted playing at RCB and especially as a CB in a flat back 4.

Bit rusty but thought his range of passing was very good and general defending was OK. Still think his future is sat in front of the back 4 alongside Bird.

8 hours ago, Jubbs said:

.......Completely wasted at RCB, could've done with his composed, forward thinking presence passing in DM today, or even as the centre CB going into DM when attacking. 

Suspect the thinking was to play him in defence as he’d have less running to do - if he’d been in midfield we have almost certainly needed to substitute him after an hour due to his lack of game fitness....

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Suspect the thinking was to play him in defence as he’d have less running to do - if he’d been in midfield we have almost certainly needed to substitute him after an hour due to his lack of game fitness....

There's always lots of 'forward planning' from Cocu, totally ignoring it might have been better to give him 60 minutes and then we might have been ahead!

9 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

He clearly wanted to maraud out of defence, he tried it with his first touch of the ball. Agree was wasted playing at RCB and especially as a CB in a flat back 4.

Bit rusty but thought his range of passing was very good and general defending was OK. Still think his future is sat in front of the back 4 alongside Bird.

Alongside Knight I think...

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Alongside Knight I think...

Could play Knight further forward, where his goal threat would come into play. Genuinely think hes capable of 10-15 league goals in the right setup. I think the side needs the control Bird brings to the midfield & his defensive work is underrated.

25 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Could play Knight further forward, where his goal threat would come into play. Genuinely think hes capable of 10-15 league goals in the right setup. I think the side needs the control Bird brings to the midfield & his defensive work is underrated.

Just think we need a bit of pace centrally....

Bielik hasn't done enough to convince me, it's all very well quoting statistics, as I often do here as well, too, but he got sent off against Charlton with a reckless tackle. He has been unfortunate with injury, but @Mostyn6 has a point. He comes across as a bit of a big time charlie when the Championship couldn't care less about reputation. I would still persevere with him, maybe in midfield & leave Davies at the back where his experience is needed. I am not wholly convinced with a back five though it helps us be more defensively resilient, but what is the point if we cannot create & score goals. If we are going to get out of this mess, we need to take games to the opposition. 

Shinnie & Knight, I said I'd be shocked if we get relegated with these two, but we need creativity in the midfield as well.

I think he will end up in the middle of the back 3 replacing Davies in that position. Unfortunately The 2 players suited to playing RCB, Wisdom and MTW have had poor starts to the season. 

That position is one of 3 we need in January, Cue someone changing that 3 to 11.   

20 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

That's a bit of a reach, just because his agent made a couple of comments...

He's probably referring to him saying he would give Derby two seasons, then look to move if they hadn't gone up in the Polish media.  Only two weeks after signing a five year deal and not having played a game, not great form.

I assume he'll be off in the summer then.

8 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Then where does Sibley fit in? Great problems to have if we could just fastforward a year or 2.

Knight has so much energy and drive I think he'll always be a bit deeper as a more box to box player. Could still do great work driving forward and arriving late in the box.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's probably referring to him saying he would give Derby two seasons, then look to move if they hadn't gone up in the Polish media.  Only two weeks after signing a five year deal and not having played a game, not great form.

I assume he'll be off in the summer then.

Maybe Jozwiak will make Derby feel more like home to him.

7 hours ago, Asanovic70 said:

Bielik hasn't done enough to convince me, it's all very well quoting statistics, as I often do here as well, too, but he got sent off against Charlton with a reckless tackle. He has been unfortunate with injury, but @Mostyn6 has a point. He comes across as a bit of a big time charlie when the Championship couldn't care less about reputation. I would still persevere with him, maybe in midfield & leave Davies at the back where his experience is needed. I am not wholly convinced with a back five though it helps us be more defensively resilient, but what is the point if we cannot create & score goals. If we are going to get out of this mess, we need to take games to the opposition. 

Shinnie & Knight, I said I'd be shocked if we get relegated with these two, but we need creativity in the midfield as well.

Yeah, I'm sure all of us would never have dropped a media clanger aged 19. If anything, I thought he was just a bit too honest. Who out of our lot wouldn't want to play in the Prem, with or without Derby?  Hardly fair to write him off for actually vocalising it rather than coming up with some BS media friendly patter. Naive, maybe, but anything more?

I think if you watch the video with him and Jozwiak you'll see him in a rather different light to be fair. He certainly doesn't come across as bigtime, quite the opposite in fact and even if he had, most of us love a bigtime Charlie as you put it, as long as they can back it up. By way of an example I give a certain Igor Stimac who was an absolute piss-taker but it turned out he could play a bit too. Whilst Bielik has his work cut out reaching Big Igor's dizzy heights, you'd be mistaken to underplay his potential. 

Archived