No pressure but...Bielik is the key

sage

20 minutes ago, Taribo said:

@Jubbs is your real name Krystian Bielik? The only posts I see from you are ones where you’re spaffing your pants for him or singling out posters who dare to mention anything he does that is slightly less than perfect 

No need to get like that, is there? Fair if he gets criticism, as long as it's warranted. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Rample said:

Then where does Sibley fit in? Great problems to have if we could just fastforward a year or 2.

Knight has so much energy and drive I think he'll always be a bit deeper as a more box to box player. Could still do great work driving forward and arriving late in the box.

Personally I see Sibley as a number 10 but he could just as easily be a box to box midfielder - albeit competing with Knight for that spot. 

Another potential route is right 'inside forward' not unlike Waghorn's role currently. Louie likes to run with the ball and that is likely to be more effective away from the centre. His finishing, vision & weight of ball (essential for a number 10 role) could be just as effective positioned right side but ideal scenario (for me) would be him & 2 others swapping positions at will in behind a decent CF.

12 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Personally I see Sibley as a number 10 but he could just as easily be a box to box midfielder - albeit competing with Knight for that spot. 

Another potential route is right 'inside forward' not unlike Waghorn's role currently. Louie likes to run with the ball and that is likely to be more effective away from the centre. His finishing, vision & weight of ball (essential for a number 10 role) could be just as effective positioned right side but ideal scenario (for me) would be him & 2 others swapping positions at will in behind a decent CF.

I think Sibley and Jozwiak either side of a good CF could be very interesting.

In the long term I see him in a midfield 3 but he has to become less erratic when defending and challenging.

13 hours ago, Jubbs said:

So you're saying that because he mistimed one tackle he's not a good player? 

No, course not. We didn't write off Igor Stimac after his debut in a 5-1 defeat at Tranmere. I'd like Bielik to justify/demonstrate your faith in him more. Admittedly, the current situation doesn't help.

12 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

most of us love a bigtime Charlie as you put it, as long as they can back it up.( Stimac )

Exactly, that's the point. Show us how good you are. Bielik suffered an unfortunate serious injury. He shouldn't be a scapegoat nor should we place too much responsibility on him, or one player, to get us out of this situation. It isn't an ideal one for a player returning from injury & having to get up to speed.

I'd like him to  eventually display the performances that won him praise at Charlton under Bowyer. He was being managed by a former combative midfielder who perhaps coached him well. Does that suggest Cocu wasn't getting the best out of him before his injury? 

As for Big Time Charlie, I actually didn't know about that interview. I meant more that he was linked to AC Milan & was waiting to see if they'd follow up reported interest, but nothing materialized. We were the only club to put in a bid to match  the fee Arsenal demanded (£7m with add-ons rather than £10m). 

12 hours ago, Asanovic70 said:

As for Big Time Charlie, I actually didn't know about that interview. I meant more that he was linked to AC Milan & was waiting to see if they'd follow up reported interest, but nothing materialized. We were the only club to put in a bid to match  the fee Arsenal demanded (£7m with add-ons rather than £10m).

Given the choice between AC Milan and Derby, would you not wait to see if the former were serious? I think we're fundamentally in agreement anyway though. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

You know what I'm going to say...

Looked our best player by miles in his 2nd senior start of 2020. Incredible player we're lucky to have, he'll be gone in Jan or start of next season.

He's the defensive midfielder we've been crying out for since Thorne got injured way back under Mac1

Think Cocu's season fell apart last year losing Keogh and Bielik so close together - after than he was screwed

5 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Looked our best player by miles in his 2nd senior start of 2020. Incredible player we're lucky to have, he'll be gone in Jan or start of next season.

Having him fit again will hopefully be the start of allowing two more advanced midfielders in a 433 as opposed to just a 10 in a 4231.

Shame for Bird but Bielik really can do it all, he doesn’t need someone holding his hand. Wins the ball and makes the right decision when he has it, a bit of a shame he got suckered into the box for the equaliser yesterday, probably a mix of inexperience and tiredness 

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

He's the defensive midfielder we've been crying out for since Thorne got injured way back under Mac1

Think Cocu's season fell apart last year losing Keogh and Bielik so close together - after than he was screwed

Makes you wonder what Cocu might have done these last few games with Bielik and CKR fit to start..but anyway.

Great player.

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Having him fit again will hopefully be the start of allowing two more advanced midfielders in a 433 as opposed to just a 10 in a 4231.

Shame for Bird but Bielik really can do it all, he doesn’t need someone holding his hand. Wins the ball and makes the right decision when he has it, a bit of a shame he got suckered into the box for the equaliser yesterday, probably a mix of inexperience and tiredness 

Yeah really surprised we went with 4-2-3-1, especially at home to Coventry, having Bird/Sibley at LCM and Knight RCM would've been a lot better as I think Knight is wasted in the 10 position as he's not as involved.

Also, to be fair to Bielik he held his hands up in the interview after the game and said he can blame himself for their goal as it happened in his position, but I also think he's probably blaming himself a bit too much too because there should've been bodies closing him down regardless and Marshall should've done better.

It's becoming evident that this squad is not as good as we thought it was and Cocu had us playing pretty much to our ability. The experienced pros leaving and players like Bielik being injured pretty much finished off his long term project. Shame really but I don't really put the blame at his feet, he was told to cut the budget and we did. As for Bielik he's a beast, proper rate him. He's positive with the ball and drives the team forward, great in the air as well.

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

It's becoming evident that this squad is not as good as we thought it was and Cocu had us playing pretty much to our ability. The experienced pros leaving and players like Bielik being injured pretty much finished off his long term project. Shame really but I don't really put the blame at his feet, he was told to cut the budget and we did. As for Bielik he's a beast, proper rate him. He's positive with the ball and drives the team forward, great in the air as well.

Should have had Knight alongside him with Sibley playing as a No 10. 

13 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I'll hold my hands up after previously slating your man-crush on him. He was great last night, did everything he was asked and tried to drive the midfield forward. Tired towards the end but that's absolutely understandable, and I'd argue we couldn't take him off as he was holding everything together.

He's still got a lot to do to fully be the player you see, but he's still proper young and learning.

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Yeah really surprised we went with 4-2-3-1, especially at home to Coventry, having Bird/Sibley at LCM and Knight RCM would've been a lot better as I think Knight is wasted in the 10 position as he's not as involved.

Also, to be fair to Bielik he held his hands up in the interview after the game and said he can blame himself for their goal as it happened in his position, but I also think he's probably blaming himself a bit too much too because there should've been bodies closing him down regardless and Marshall should've done better.

Yeah totally agree that Knight is better suited to a 4-3-3. He Isn't quite a defensive midfielder but lacks the creativity to play as a no.10. But when we don't have the ball he is great at pressing from that no.10 role. 

With regards Bielik, yes he was a little hard on himself, but i don't mind that as it shows he wants to win. Also think he played great yesterday aswell. 

However, really not sure how you can criticise Marshall for the goal. There was nothing more he could've done, if you watch the goal back his line of vision completely blocked by 4/5 players. I honestly don't understand some peoples criticism of Marshall, the GK is one of, if not the only position we don't have a problem in.

13 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

However, really not sure how you can criticise Marshall for the goal. There was nothing more he could've done, if you watch the goal back his line of vision completely blocked by 4/5 players. I honestly don't understand some peoples criticism of Marshall, the GK is one of, if not the only position we don't have a problem in.

This guy is one of the best goalkeeper analysts around, well respected as the best in the analytical community and revolutionary in some of the stuff he does. 

I think we are missing 'the key'. Weve no box to box centre midfielder who can bag 10 a season. It's a back 6 and a front 4 if you like. If we had one of those the striker would score more too. All those crosses last night and no late runner just standing targets. Nobody bursting in to the box.

33 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

This guy is one of the best goalkeeper analysts around, well respected as the best in the analytical community and revolutionary in some of the stuff he does. 

Does Curtis get a touch? He certainly lunges for it, just in front of Marshall.

Archived