Jack Marriott - joined Sheff Wed on season long loan

Animal is a Ram

14 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

Agree to the point I am glad to see Marriott go, apart from the odd match he has done very little. When he first came to Derby I had high hopes but he just has not made the grade. I really struggle to understand why many love him so much. 

I think you're right. We can remember some gems he's scored - but by and large he never quite lived up to expectations - both for Lampard and Cocu. Yes he may flourish under another system. We do keep his registration and of course we have a recall in January if needed. It's up to the other players like Duncan, Stretton, Whitaker, JHI, Waghorn, Lawrence et al to step up. I think we also feel a bit let down by what he could have been....

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I would assume that was looked at - but he's hardly played for two seasons and not put up any noteworthy numbers when he has; so I imagine any figures anyone was willing to pay for him were very low.

Yeah I guess, just have to hope we get some money for him next summer/ January.

Lost a striker who simply doesn’t score for us but is allegedly expensive. Signed him up for an extra year so he retains some value to us if he leaves and impresses.

Yes it’d have been a dream to have another striker come in but let’s not act like it’s not otherwise been a pretty positive transfer window. 

Byrne is the best signing we’ve made in years on cost and value for what we’re getting he’s already brilliant. 

31 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Lost a striker who simply doesn’t score for us but is allegedly expensive. Signed him up for an extra year so he retains some value to us if he leaves and impresses.

Yes it’d have been a dream to have another striker come in but let’s not act like it’s not otherwise been a pretty positive transfer window. 

Byrne is the best signing we’ve made in years on cost and value for what we’re getting he’s already brilliant. 

Agree. Marshall too

The club probably know that we won’t be troubling the top 6 this season and think that we have enough to stay up hence are happy to save some money.  I think not having fans in the stadium will probably help as well when the series of inevitable disappointments occur. It will relieve the pressure that will have inevitably built.

Not being able to go makes it less real for me and I can feel myself losing some interest. I wonder if football will truly recover from this period. 

On a brighter note,Mel Sage should be fit soon. 

7 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

A goal scorer who doesn't score goals

Scores more than the ones we are left with, please feel free to disagree with some stats 

Bris Vegas calling him a dud doesn't seem so daft now. 

In fact Bris has often been spot on but because he rubbed people up the wrong way he was openly mocked.

Marriott won't be missed imo. He wasn't available enough and when he did spare us some of his free time he wasn't good enough to hold down a place. 

We've seen glimpses of promise from Bennett, Steve Davies and Chris Porter. Eventually the injuries and being unable to settle in a team stops being an excuse and sums up the player you are. 

He wasn't bad and at times it looked promising. But he's been pretty useless. Mostly because he was never on the pitch. 

Good luck to him and Sheffield Wednesday are going to have to do a magic trick to make him anything like the deadly poacher he was meant to be.

Archived