Rooney Out

Posh Ram

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was definitely not his finest performance.  Everyone has poor games but what worried me more was the lack of leadership on the pitch.  There was no rallying the troops once a goal went in.  They’re clearly low on confidence but, and call me naive, I’m expecting an ex-England captain with 100+ caps to try and pull them together, make sure heads don’t drop and organise on the pitch.  This even more crucial with the number of young players we have.  Poor performance I can accept, poor leadership I can’t!!

39 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Definitely. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again - we need Holmes in that midfield two. Shinnie and Holmes for me next game.

Holmes isn't strong enough for midfield. When he played there under Lampard he was bulldozed, though did show some effectiveness out wide for a 10 game spell that season.  He is also Mr Glass from Unbreakable. 

Positives: still has that wonderful vision for a pass and largely started everything we did that was positive today (which wasn't much)

Negatives: Body language is just not what you want from your captain. Unbelievably slow to the point that he looks massively out of shape. Makes Tom Huddlestone look quick.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Positives: still has that wonderful vision for a pass and largely started everything we did that was positive today (which wasn't much)

Negatives: Body language is just not what you want from your captain. Unbelievably slow to the point that he looks massively out of shape. Makes Tom Huddlestone look quick.

This is what happens when you go off and manage SoccerAid, then go to the after party drinking until 5am.

Blimey. I remember most of you waxing lyrical about Rooney not so long ago. The fact is our kids are not ready or good enough to play at this level at the moment.  Drop 2 or 3 of them and introduce them slowly.  Bird is very negative,  Sibley is not strong enough.  Buchanan again out of his depth.  Whittaker is light weight. All of them. are naive. So too many areas to exploit. One or two in at best

4 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Blimey. I remember most of you waxing lyrical about Rooney not so long ago. The fact is our kids are not ready or good enough to play at this level at the moment.  Drop 2 or 3 of them and introduce them slowly.  Bird is very negative,  Sibley is not strong enough.  Buchanan again out of his depth.  Whittaker is light weight. All of them. are naive. So too many areas to exploit. One or two in at best

I actually thought the academy lads were the best players on the pitch today, by quite a long way. 

He walks back after losing the ball, which is a frequent occurrence.

At one point in the second half he actually went on a little run down the wing, so he's not completely immobile,  he just doesn't seem to give a duck about anything other than attacking.

I suppose that's not entirely to be unexpected given his career history, but it's bloody annoying to watch.

Archived