Rooney Out

Posh Ram

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said in the other thread during the match. What I’ve heard from a reliable source is that Rooney and cocu have had an argument over Wayne’s commitment to the club. He also stated that Rooney barely turns up to training any more. When you think about it, it does make sense. Wayne looks ‘chunky’ to say the least and also looks like he doesn’t care. There was a chance today where a committed Rooney would smack the ball into the top corner but passed it to jozwiak in a worse position. Take this info with a pinch on salt tho as I cannot confirm it myself however this lad is usually correct. His father is in with a lot of clubs. 

45 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Like I said in the other thread during the match. What I’ve heard from a reliable source is that Rooney and cocu have had an argument over Wayne’s commitment to the club. He also stated that Rooney barely turns up to training any more. When you think about it, it does make sense. Wayne looks ‘chunky’ to say the least and also looks like he doesn’t care. There was a chance today where a committed Rooney would smack the ball into the top corner but passed it to jozwiak in a worse position. Take this info with a pinch on salt tho as I cannot confirm it myself however this lad is usually correct. His father is in with a lot of clubs. 

There's clearly something wrong there. What you say makes sense.

I was struck by the passage of play you mention... When the ball rebounded to Rooney, he had a great chance to rifle it in but held onto it and passed it. Sign of someone who cannot be bothered. However he feels about Derby, Cocu or whatever else, he's not showing much professionalism and, arguably, he's letting the kids down by not directing them on the pitch.

As everyone will know, I am convinced Cocu will deliver - if given time. But if the "outers" on here get their way, I certainly would not want Rooney taking over.

Was a great player, especially at United and for England. Was an inspiration when he first came to Derby. He's neither now.

Worse, he could be undermining what Cocu is trying to do. Sorry Wayne, time's up.

8 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

There's clearly something wrong there. What you say makes sense.

I was struck by the passage of play you mention... When the ball rebounded to Rooney, he had a great chance to rifle it in but held onto it and passed it. Sign of someone who cannot be bothered. However he feels about Derby, Cocu or whatever else, he's not showing much professionalism and, arguably, he's letting the kids down by not directing them on the pitch.

As everyone will know, I am convinced Cocu will deliver - if given time. But if the "outers" on here get their way, I certainly would not want Rooney taking over.

Was a great player, especially at United and for England. Was an inspiration when he first came to Derby. He's neither now.

Worse, he could be undermining what Cocu is trying to do. Sorry Wayne, time's up.

Being a great player doesn't make necessarily make a great manager. To me he's little better than Clement. Derby sure can find them. Sad thing is the club is in decilitre.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What was Cocu trying to do BEFORE Rooney turned up BTW?!!!

Build for long term sustainable success.

That takes longer than many on here seem willing to give him. He's had to move people out, bring people in....

You know all this, you and others have already made your mind up.

These arguments are now just going round in circles. Folks either believe in him or don't. Everyone's camped in.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You missed the point. We were nowhere much before Rooney turned up last season! Now it's all his fault. ?

No, I agree with you. Rooney was instrumental in the upturn in form last season. He was fit, he was proactive, he was guiding everyone on the pitch, not just the youngsters.

But someone else has made the point today, we are now a long way from the Rooney that ran 40 yards to scold Marriott for half heartedly snapping at a chance when he thought he was offside.

Big Trav has hinted at a possible issue, plus Rooney was injured at the start of the season, we're all older, I have no idea why but it's not the same Rooney of pre-lockdown.

Just now, IslandExile said:

Big Trav has hinted at a possible issue, plus Rooney was injured at the start of the season, we're all older, I have no idea why but it's not the same Rooney of pre-lockdown.

Perhaps like some of the other players they've lost belief in Cocu? Where is last seasons Sibley?

21 minutes ago, Finch said:

Being a great player doesn't make necessarily make a great manager. To me he's little better than Clement. Derby sure can find them. Sad thing is the club is in decilitre.

You don’t win league titles without being a good manager. We are in a rough patch but comparing him to clement is disrespectful... I don’t think there’s a manager in the world who wouldn’t have struggled with the crap he’s had to deal with since he’s been here, the fact he hasn’t quit is a testament to the man in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps like some of the other players they've lost belief in Cocu? Where is last seasons Sibley?

This season's Sibley had to play a few games up front out of necessity (shortage of forward players due to injuries). In addition, the form of all young players fluctuate.

But, as I say, you know all this but we are both entrenched in our views so we're just going round and round.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

This season's Sibley had to play a few games up front out of necessity (shortage of forward players due to injuries). In addition, the form of all young players fluctuate.

But, as I say, you know all this but we are both entrenched in our views so we're just going round and round.

Nope, not entrenched just watching our results.

I’m very surprised that a player of his stature doesn’t seem to be very influential on the pitch. As a captain he isn’t showing the necessary leadership qualities to the younger players. 
Having said that there are far too many inexperienced lads in our team to handle the Championship. 

Archived