Keinan Davis

CornwallRam

2 hours ago, samtheram83 said:

On the basis I’ve not actually seen him play and that I’m just going of others descriptions he does sound like the type we are after.

I think Cocu and his team are pretty confident they can take a gamble on young, unproven players at low cost and improve them.

It feels like that’s his philosophy and where he wants to direct the club. Bringing in Rosenior, promoting Walker, the increase in individual training. It’s clearly a long term project but I think this window has shown a bit more about what our blueprint will be going forward.

Think you hit the nail on the head in your second paragraph ?. This is is exactly what Cocu’s reputation is built on is it not? And exactly what he achieved at PSV 

If our philosophy was to go out and spend big money on players with great stats in the previous season, we might as well just get Clement back in

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Nothing, I imagine Davis has been brought in to offer something different to Marriott, highly doubt they play together:

Davis/Marriott/Duncan

Jozwiak         Lawrence/Sibley          Ibe

This is the reason for the question.

Marriott doesn't appear to work at his best as a lone striker, Davis doesn't have a reputation as a goalscorer...playing them separately doesn't look to be the best use of either.

Don't we have to go 2 up front?

(Davis or Waghorn) + (Marriott or Duncan)

Then we can't really have Sublet, Lawrence etc.. in midfield.

56 minutes ago, U.M. said:

This is the reason for the question.

Marriott doesn't appear to work at his best as a lone striker, Davis doesn't have a reputation as a goalscorer...playing them separately doesn't look to be the best use of either.

Don't we have to go 2 up front?

(Davis or Waghorn) + (Marriott or Duncan)

Then we can't really have Sublet, Lawrence etc.. in midfield.

If the 3 behind score goals and Davis assists by holding the ball up in the final 3rd and bringing others into play, he doesn't need to be banging them in to be useful. Marriott will likely be a sharper finisher but Davis, in contrast, will be more of an aerial threat and should be more of a target man. This allows us to tailor our attack depending on the opposition

I have a feeling Duncan will be an amalgamation of the 2 and if he proves himself quickly will be in contention for first choice striker by January/February-ish

6 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Cocu wants 2 up front 

Perhaps Cocu found one of Arthur Cox old notebooks entitled ‘Cox Ball’

It only contains five lines

4-4-2

Classic Little & Large duo upfront

Wingers with Chalk on their boots

Midfield enforcers with mullets

Meat & Potato Centre Half’s 

3 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

I think Someone needs to explain the whole point of player loans to Cocu. As we seem to loan in players that are no better than we already have ? surely loans should be players that we can’t afford to buy, that will improve your first team ???? 

Players that are no better than what we have like player of the season Matt Clarke?

43 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

4-4-2

What would we give for Goddard and Deano 

1 hour ago, Orphanram said:

4-4-2

Yup it us that simple,  shame today's managers dont follow it . It worked like a dream didnt it till maxwell pulled his millions and went for a swim 

9 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

There’s middle ground between “getting excited” and completely writing him of because of his goal record. Which Is actually 5 goals in 69 games for Villa. Not exactly prolific, but not 1 in 30, and for a young lad with other attributes who at least half those appearances have been from the bench in the premier league, it wouldn’t be the terrible signing some are making out.

How many goals did Steve Howard get in the premier league? He was more than good enough for this level.

But he's played 3 years at this level and done nothing. The other 3 goals came against p,boro, Crewe and Burton in the cup. 

We're trying to improve enough young players of our own without adding other teams to the mix. We need some experience.

Archived