Keinan Davis

CornwallRam

19 minutes ago, dabber said:

Please, please tell me he didn't say "in the building"!

That was my immediate reaction too.. Try and try as I may, I can't picture or bring to mind Philip sweeping his fringe aside and uttering those words. 

Its rather akin to to hearing someone  loudly breaking wind and expressing the words 'better out than in...'.. And turning round to see the lovely Liz Hurley wafting a hand behind her. 

Hopefully every bit as unlikely, unpleasant and undesirable to the senses... 

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

That was my immediate reaction too.. Try and try as I may, I can't picture or bring to mind Philip sweeping his fringe aside and uttering those words. 

Its rather akin to to hearing someone  loudly breaking wind and expressing the words 'better out than in...'.. And turning round to see the lovely Liz Hurley wafting a hand behind her. 

Hopefully every bit as unlikely, unpleasant and undesirable to the senses... 

You would still want to sniff it though admit it ?

54 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Nicholson - Derby have asked about Keinan Davis on loan.

Not as keen on this one on loan as I feel it's a position we could do with sorting longer term but with that said it may just be the reality of the market. It may be better to take someone like Davis on loan for a year rather than panic and overspend on someone. If we are smart we can use this to give us breathing room to really deeply scout for a striker to come in either in January or next year.

Alternatively maybe a year is the amount of time that is needed to allow Whittaker, Duncan or Hector-Ingram to develop into the role.

35 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Not as keen on this one on loan as I feel it's a position we could do with sorting longer term but with that said it may just be the reality of the market. It may be better to take someone like Davis on loan for a year rather than panic and overspend on someone. If we are smart we can use this to give us breathing room to really deeply scout for a striker to come in either in January or next year.

Alternatively maybe a year is the amount of time that is needed to allow Whittaker, Duncan or Hector-Ingram to develop into the role.

We’d all love the right striker in on a permanent. But if we cant find the right striker for the right price, a loan is better than a panic buy.

The other thing that gets me, is when people moan about loans, because we are supposed to be bringing the academy players through. But that’s exactly why you loan a player. Someone like Davis is further along innhis development with his all round game than JHI or possibly Duncan. So it’s a short term fix to allow them to develop. Rather than the expense signing that blocks their path.

Ive always thought the striker would be a loan. I can’t believe we have the money for the proven striker that would actually improve us.

46 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

We’d all love the right striker in on a permanent. But if we cant find the right striker for the right price, a loan is better than a panic buy.

The other thing that gets me, is when people moan about loans, because we are supposed to be bringing the academy players through. But that’s exactly why you loan a player. Someone like Davis is further along innhis development with his all round game than JHI or possibly Duncan. So it’s a short term fix to allow them to develop. Rather than the expense signing that blocks their path.

Ive always thought the striker would be a loan. I can’t believe we have the money for the proven striker that would actually improve us.

Yep I would love to know if any club has been promoted to the prem in the last 8 years without loan players and perhaps how many loan players in promoted teams , seem to me that in this day and age championship clubs must have loan players mixed in to compete 

Just now, Brummie Steve said:

A striker who scores one goal in 23 games?

Not exactly the goose that lays golden eggs!

I couldn't imagine too many managers being very impressed.

That's more like a defender's tally.

Two goals in a full season?

I bet we sign him!

Well Villa have just given him a 4 year contract so they obviously see something in him

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Oh I completely agree, I'm by no means against loans in general and nor I am necessarily against this as I aluded to. There's two reasons why I am not as high on this deal as a loan than as a permenant. Firstly both Mariott and Waghorn have 1 year left on their contract so it would be good to sort out the position a bit more permenantly. Secondly from what I can tell about Davis I have sneaking suspicion that at some point everything is going to click into place for him and I think he could well start scoring at a decent rate however that might take a bit of time. My thinking that was on a permenant he would give a us a different useful option now and may become a real force down the line. On loan in the space of season it may be more the former than the latter. 

37 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Oh I completely agree, I'm by no means against loans in general and nor I am necessarily against this as I aluded to. There's two reasons why I am not as high on this deal as a loan than as a permenant. Firstly both Mariott and Waghorn have 1 year left on their contract so it would be good to sort out the position a bit more permenantly. Secondly from what I can tell about Davis I have sneaking suspicion that at some point everything is going to click into place for him and I think he could well start scoring at a decent rate however that might take a bit of time. My thinking that was on a permenant he would give a us a different useful option now and may become a real force down the line. On loan in the space of season it may be more the former than the latter. 

Good point about Marriott & Waghorn both being out of contract. A permanent would be nice, but I’d be (pleasantly) surprised if that happened.

12 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

A striker who scores one goal in 23 games?

Not exactly the goose that lays golden eggs!

I couldn't imagine too many managers being very impressed.

That's more like a defender's tally.

Two goals in a full season?

I bet we sign him!

What was martins goal record before we signed him like? 

Archived