Keinan Davis

CornwallRam

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I keep repeating myself, for that I apologise.

But I honestly think Sturridge is our man, it has a lot going for it, the name, friends with Ibe, great player on his day, stock fallen, lack of interested suitors, supported Derby as a kid,only issue is he is made of bolser wood.

Either him or Connor Wickham.

Strongly disagree on Sturridge. He's 31 & has played for some massive clubs  - what would motivate him to come to Derby other than a big last UK payday? There's also the question of his injury record, which isn't likely to improve as he gets older. Pretty much the exact opposite profile of signings we're should be looking at in my opinion. Obviously Rooney is exempt from the above as he came to Derby in a player coach role & to learn from Cocu, as well as the playing side.

Wickham is younger but is 28 early next year & has never really settled anywhere. Unlike Sturridge, he's a bit more suited to the powerful centre forward role we need but his wages are likely to be significant as he is a 'proven Championship player' & still on the books of a Premiership club.

27 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Strongly disagree on Sturridge. He's 31 & has played for some massive clubs  - what would motivate him to come to Derby other than a big last UK payday? There's also the question of his injury record, which isn't likely to improve as he gets older. Pretty much the exact opposite profile of signings we're should be looking at in my opinion. Obviously Rooney is exempt from the above as he came to Derby in a player coach role & to learn from Cocu, as well as the playing side.

Wickham is younger but is 28 early next year & has never really settled anywhere. Unlike Sturridge, he's a bit more suited to the powerful centre forward role we need but his wages are likely to be significant as he is a 'proven Championship player' & still on the books of a Premiership club.

Wouldn't touch either of them with a barge pole..... Unless we sign them then I'm all over it. 

2 hours ago, inter politics said:

Despite the lack of goals, coming around to this one.

Reminds me a little of Cameron Jerome. Very strong, pace, looks a decent dribbler too.

And players like that score when they have providers. Like Ibe Joziwiak and Lawrence. 
Steve Howard was a bit of lump, you’d never pick him as a goal machine ...  but he knew the right place to be and didn’t get bullied. 

39 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Wickhams' appearance record is even worse than Sturridges'. In the last 5 years he's played in little over half the number of games compared to Sturridge and based on his injury record I wouldn't consider him to be an acceptable risk even on a much- reduced wage.

A pity because style-wise I think he'd be a perfect foil for the likes of Sibley, Jozwiak and now Ibe.

2 hours ago, Terry Hennessy said:

...as things are (with no income due to absence of fans) I'd have thought they were beyond ANY clubs budget outside Premier league....

£90 million parachute money dictates otherwise though, there will be few players outside the relegated clubs' budget they couldn't afford. Cardiff, Swansea and Stoke still have money to burn from this ridiculous bonus they are handed. Norwich could probably employ every one of those I named, such is their advantage now, even more so than any other season.

Go to https://salarysport.com and see how crazy wages are unless they are still apprentices or reserve players, or from Leagues 1 and 2. Even in America they pay stupid wages. You look though at Mike te Wierik, the top player and captain at Groningen, yet he was paid £150,000 a year, the same we paid Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Max Bird and Morgan Whitaker last season. That's where the cream is, over in Holland, Belgium, Greece etc and that's where I hope our next find comes from.

48 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Wickhams' appearance record is even worse than Sturridges'. In the last 5 years he's played in little over half the number of games compared to Sturridge and based on his injury record I wouldn't consider him to be an acceptable risk even on a much- reduced wage.

A pity because style-wise I think he'd be a perfect foil for the likes of Sibley, Jozwiak and now Ibe.

Looking at his season by season record, he seems to have played little at Palace & only sent out on loan to Sheff Weds. Not sure whether thats because of injury, being kept around as cover or perceived by Championship clubs as too expensive to loan. Neither scenario is ideal obviously. 

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Looking at his season by season record, he seems to have played little at Palace & only sent out on loan to Sheff Weds. Not sure whether thats because of injury, being kept around as cover or perceived by Championship clubs as too expensive to loan. Neither scenario is ideal obviously. 

Half of 15/16 missed due to a few calf troubles. He missed out on 2 years of football from November 2016 due to a craciate injury, then struggled with groin and calf troubles when he recovered. A few little niggles here and there after that.

Via Steve Nicholson...

Cocu on striker search - “We all know that we need one more striker, especially with some physical presence, who can hold the ball and have some presence in the box, so that we have different types of strikers in the building. We are pretty confident we will get the right one in.”

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Via Steve Nicholson...

Cocu on striker search - “We all know that we need one more striker, especially with some physical presence, who can hold the ball and have some presence in the box, so that we have different types of strikers in the building. We are pretty confident we will get the right one in.”

Chris Martin ?

15 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Via Steve Nicholson...

Please, please tell me he didn't say "in the building"!

7 minutes ago, dabber said:

Please, please tell me he didn't say "in the building"!

I was going to comment that he's (reportedly) said this a few times recently.

"Are you Rowett in disguise? Are you Row-ett in disguise?"

Or perhaps neither of them said it, and it's just how Steve Nicholson speaks?

Archived