Keinan Davis

CornwallRam

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don’t need a 20-goal striker. If his play brings more opportunities for others in the side then it’s still worthwhile.

If we’re going to have Jozwiak Lawrence and Ibe all playing behind, finding the right type of striker to give openings could see all 3 hit double figures, which makes it more than worthwhile. Well, that’s the thinking anyway...

56 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

I’m sure I heard Eric Steele talking about him on the radio. Said he was fantastic as a defensive forward but could not finish. I suppose though with Ibe and Joz on the wings, with them both maybe cutting in, he would be the perfect CF 

Lol what’s a defensive forward?

After a bit of digging I think he might be worth gambling on if the price is decent and we've scouted him well.

On the face of it his goal record is poor but that should be heavily caveated by his appearances appear predominately from the bench, that he's only 22 and Villa have had a lot of competetion for striker in the last few years. 

From searching around and looking at a few videos he definately looks like the kind of striker we want. He's big, strong, quick, technically good, a good dribbler and can bring players around him into play. I may be way off base here but because he looks technically good I would think with a bit of coaching and given regular starts the goals could well follow. There have been some fairly uncomposed strikers score absolute hatfuls at this level if they have the right physical attributes (Andre Gray comes to mind).

Ultimately with the budget being what is and if we are searching for value for money we are going to have gamble a touch. Davis I'd say ticks a hell of lot of boxes and would make sense if we were considering it.

Mate is a Villa season ticket holder... 

He says.. ' Always really liked him generally, obviously he is very powerful and skilful. Has great hold up play but... unfortunately he just can’t score..  Rather we kept him, unless we’ve got someone much better coming obviously  ..'

52 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I do. His average is pretty much  one in two at  league level - granted he had a few years at Swindon, but most at our level or higher.  i would defiantly take him.  Very strong player as well .  He's only just turned 31.  

Injuries he’s had, he plays like he’s 45. 

55 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Seemingly a worse finisher than Conor Sammon, but the rest of his game is supposedly top quality. I know a few Villa fans and they all speak highly of him. Reckon if he could score more goals he’d probably get a chance with them. At this level he could be absolute top drawer in terms of his hold up play etc, so I’d be delighted with the signing.... though I do worry where the goals would come from. Both Jozwiak and Ibe are seemingly more creators than goal scorers.

I think the thing that would reassure me here is Davis looks a technically good player whereas as Sammon barely looked a footballer at times. Given his age, lack of starts, physicality and that there might be a decent technical foundation to work with I think the goals could come for Davis with the right coaching.

Archived