Luton v Derby Match Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Marriott's gotta go. Another league 1 performance from him. I don't care what service he's had, he's never in the right position to get a chance, his first touch is atrocious. He's piss poor. 

He’s a victim of being completely at odds with how we play now. The last thing you want is Marriott as a fulcrum. He plays on the transition, gets in behind and finishes. 

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Marriott's gotta go. Another league 1 performance from him. I don't care what service he's had, he's never in the right position to get a chance, his first touch is atrocious. He's piss poor. 

In this set up totally agree 

said it many a time on here he isn’t a lone striker

needs to be playing on the shoulder of someone 

cocu will never do that so he has to go as it’s wasting his and our time and money 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

So shall we just write the season off now 

what about our preparation ?

what have been we been doing pre season?

arnt we meant to be getting match sharp? 

We look 10 -20 yards off the pace of the game 

I’m so fed up with how we play atm it’s untrue 

tempo and movement to me is a bare Minimum for me in victory and defeat 

u lose , u lose trying 

not this effortless, passive crap 

just letting the game slide by us 

it ain’t good enough simple as that 

Is your return key stuck ? ?

I think the performance has been marginally better, but nowhere near where we need to be and only a very one eyed fan would say Luton don't deserve a narrow lead. 

For me Rooney offers very little in a more forward position and is miles away from the benefit he gave the team in the QB role. On the plus side we can get something out of this game.

1 minute ago, dantheram said:

He’s a victim of being completely at odds with how we play now. The last thing you want is Marriott as a fulcrum. He plays on the transition, gets in behind and finishes. 

No he isn't. He's a victim of himself being rubbish. I don't care what formation or what playstyle you have, if you can't control a football you shouldn't be playing at this level. He's gotta go.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

To be fair he had 2 men so tried to close down the cross when he cut inside

Not for me, was far too slow getting out. He’s hit that cross with all the time in the world 

Just now, Rampage said:

Just watched the goal three times. No attempt to stop the winger having s free cross. No tight marking in the box. Not enough players in the box. Non league goal for me. First thing about defending not in evidence. WBA have let in 8 goals in two games. We could double that with the defense playing like this.

Agree. Even with a squad of very limited players you expect the basics to be done. Start from there or, as others have said, you could have Messi and it wouldn’t make a difference. 

Archived