Luton v Derby Match Thread

Boycie

We were always going to be up against it today.

Luton have really benefited from the short pre-season because their belief, hunger and confidence has carried over from the end of last season when they made their great escape.

They are flying at the minute. No disgrace to be losing this.

Realistically we are not going to hit our stride until November at least.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dantheram said:

This team can’t do the basics, a worrying sign. 

I've never been a professional footballer and I don't have any coaching badges. Yet I can quite comfortably say I could go in and decrease the number of goals we concede either directly from a cross/ ball in to the box or the proceeding 2-3 seconds. 

It's absolutely shocking. 

Decent cross from Knight, leads to a Jozwiak shot that was definitely blocked with a Luton arm but down by the defender's side.

Byrne then catches the ball with his standing foot and the attack ends.

HT 1-0.

Jozwiak's performance very promising. 

Forsyth being turned inside and out; Clarke has also been poor for my money. 

Good start but back to the same old rubbish by the end of the half. 

That last couple of minutes sum it up. Get Marriott in behind for the first time and then slow it down to walking pace and go back towards out own goal. I know its still early in the season and we have a few players out injured but when should we start worrying as nothing seems to change?

Playing better than before which is still no compliment. I refuse to believe all our players are this bad, this is tactics. 

Every ball has to be a worldie. I get nervous watching our players try to attack, we're surrounded yet when the opposition advance, there's acres of space.

Tedious tedious football. 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

This is simply pathetic 

forward player out yes 

but does that mean cocu has to set us up to not try and win a game of football 

slow, ponderous, laboured, no tempo 

Luton town commentators saying how Derby’s reluctance to go in behind make it so easy to play against us 

wake the duck up cocu 

they can see it

we can see it 

this is just painful ... again 

I agree. You could have a clutch of great players in that team but his style won’t change. He’s not learning the league, he’s trying to make the league learn him.

Archived