• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

This is simply pathetic 

forward player out yes 

but does that mean cocu has to set us up to not try and win a game of football 

slow, ponderous, laboured, no tempo 

Luton town commentators saying how Derby’s reluctance to go in behind make it so easy to play against us 

wake the duck up cocu 

they can see it

we can see it 

this is just painful ... again 

We are way too easy to play against. 

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

They are flying at the minute. No disgrace to be losing this.

Realistically we are not going to hit our stride until November at least.

Is this how far we’ve regressed? No disgrace in losing to Luton. To be fair I put 1-0 though, but I’m a realist this brand of football will sadly never get us promoted......

The old achilles of not blocking crosses has hurt us again. Not the worst half of football ever but massive room fo improvement. Need to overload that right side a bit more. With KJ and NB there we certainly have the quality to hurt them. I like that Byrnes first instinct is to drive forward. Reminiscent of the early Bogle. Somewhere along the line I thought that instinct got coached out of him. 

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

We were always going to be up against it today.

Luton have really benefited from the short pre-season because their belief, hunger and confidence has carried over from the end of last season when they made their great escape.

They are flying at the minute. No disgrace to be losing this.

Realistically we are not going to hit our stride until November at least.

So shall we just write the season off now 

what about our preparation ?

what have been we been doing pre season?

arnt we meant to be getting match sharp? 

We look 10 -20 yards off the pace of the game 

I’m so fed up with how we play atm it’s untrue 

tempo and movement to me is a bare Minimum for me in victory and defeat 

u lose , u lose trying 

not this effortless, passive crap 

just letting the game slide by us 

it ain’t good enough simple as that 

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think leadership is great but not much use if your legs can no longer catch the striker you are marking who leaves you for dead. Curtis was great 5 years ago but not the solution now...

Not a long term solution by no means. But this teams looks like it lacks serious organisation and leadership. And it did again for that goal. 

Derby losing cause we can’t defend a cross. A sentence uttered every weekend for the past year. We looked a bit better to start off with, in terms of moving the ball quicker, but we’re still creating Absolutely nothing dangerous. It’s all way too easy for Luton, Forsyth especially has been totally shredded. Pathetic really our lack of attacking threat. Just can’t see how things are going to get any better. I’d take Marriott off because he’s so bad that no team with him up front is ever going to score. Probably put Sibley on and move Rooney up front.

People wanting Rooney and bird its just going to be the same with lack of legs. Either put shinnie or bird holding. Drop knight and bring sibley on for marriott and out rooney up top. Play 433 with 2 numbers 6's in knight and sibley. Id rather lose and see us go for it. Sick of losing us lose  and having 1 shot on goal. This 2 cdm's doesn't work for us we are 2 slow and predictable. Also marriott looks worryingly bad. Was excited when we signed him but this isn't the marriott we signed hes gone so far backwards 

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

In the clips Jozwiak looks comfortable on both sides but normally plays on the right. 

Decent goal by Luton. Good ball in, hard for defender and keeper. 

For those shouting for Buchanan to replace Fozzy, I think a far better option if taking off our left back would be to move Shinnie there, Rooney alongside Bird, and bring Sibbo into the fray. 

Just watched the goal three times. No attempt to stop the winger having s free cross. No tight marking in the box. Not enough players in the box. Non league goal for me. First thing about defending not in evidence. WBA have let in 8 goals in two games. We could double that with the defense playing like this.

Archived