Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

4 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

If he comes I hope he does well. A lot of these views are based on a short loan period about 5 years ago though. He’s not performed anywhere near the level that was predicted of him, this is a gamble. 

Whilst I agree with you, he has played roughly 120 Premier League games, including over 40 for Liverpool since leaving us. We are a Championship club, and he’s still only 24. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I've just listened to this: a few things to note. 

He was reluctant to go abroad as he's very close to his family and wouldn't want to be away from his daughter. I would say there is a book-worth of things that have happened that he was unable to talk about, but it doesn't seem like his relationship with Eddie Howe was very good. He owns his role in that relationship, but he said it was just very different to Brendan Rodgers. 

A number of references to him being a hard trainer in Liverpool, many Bournemouth players said he's the most talented player at the club. It does seem to be a case that he made mistakes, again which he owns, leading to him losing confidence. 

His mum and stepdad, who you can tell he has a lot of respect for, are the ones helping him find a new club. He sounds sincere and regretful. I really think that this move does come with risks, as all moves do, but he comes here with the support of the fans from day 1 and he will be given a platform to showcase his huge potential. He needs someone to believe in him again, someone to trust him in again. 

Just listened to it... seems a very misunderstood young lad who's looking for some sort of redemption... his public reputation seems similar to when Tom Ince joined us as a supposed "Big Time Charlie" yet was as good as gold from the moment he joined us.

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Whilst I agree with you, he has played roughly 120 Premier League games, including over 40 for Liverpool since leaving us. We are a Championship club, and he’s still only 24. 

This. If he’d been struggling to be first choice at another championship team, that would be cause for concern. It didn’t quite happen for him in the PL, his pace and power alone will terrify defenders in this league, and is something we massively lack. I bloody hope this is true.

Not too sure about this one.People wetting themselves cos of a loan period of a few weeks with the occasional cameo.He's done nothing at Bournemouth in about 2 seasons.His wages would most likely be out of our price range anyway.Ask yourselves this...If Ibe was still with Bournemouth in the Championship this season would you be bricking it at the thought of us facing him? I certainly wouldn't.This move if it happened...has got "Anya" written all over it.Sorry it's a no from me.

4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

This. If he’d been struggling to be first choice at another championship team, that would be cause for concern. It didn’t quite happen for him in the PL, his pace and power alone will terrify defenders in this league, and is something we massively lack. I bloody hope this is true.

He has been struggling to get Into a championship team. 
having said that, with the Polish Messi coming too I am booking my flights and Wembley hotel right now..!

1 minute ago, Patrick Rams said:

Ask yourselves this...If Ibe was still with Bournemouth in the Championship this season would you be bricking it at the thought of us facing him? I certainly wouldn't.

Bricking it? As it stands, no. Wishing we weren't up against him and it was someone else out wide? Hell yes.

16 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

If he comes I hope he does well. A lot of these views are based on a short loan period about 5 years ago though. He’s not performed anywhere near the level that was predicted of him, this is a gamble. 

I agree but in our current predicament I think it's one well worth taking. I see it as a calculated punt. Let's hope it pays dividends. 

7 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

21 games in his last 2 seasons isn’t great though. How far off the pace is he going to be if he is signed?

I’d love for him to sign, I just think some perspective is needed, he won’t be the same player who impressed on his loan spell. 

1 minute ago, mrdave85 said:

21 games in his last 2 seasons isn’t great though. How far off the pace is he going to be if he is signed?

I’d love for him to sign, I just think some perspective is needed, he won’t be the same player who impressed on his loan spell. 

It’s probably going to take him a while to get up to speed, but hopefully he’s kept himself in decent enough nick. 

Jozwiak should be in better shape so hopefully that allows Ibe the time he needs to settle in. 

Personally I think this would be a great bit of business. Was surprised that he's still only 24. Ibe, Lawrence and Jozwiak could be great to rotate between. Ibe might not have hit the heights we thought he might for Bournemouth but back in the championship im sure he's going to do well.

11 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Just listened to it... seems a very misunderstood young lad who's looking for some sort of redemption... his public reputation seems similar to when Tom Ince joined us as a supposed "Big Time Charlie" yet was as good as gold from the moment he joined us.

That's because we paid his Mum 100K per year to box his tabs when he got out of line.

2 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Not very, given that the rest of our team have been showing the pace of an arthritic pensioner with a concrete filled zimmer frame so far this season.

2 minutes ago, w8sey said:

Personally I think this would be a great bit of business. Was surprised that he's still only 24. Ibe, Lawrence and Jozwiak could be great to rotate between. Ibe might not have hit the heights we thought he might for Bournemouth but back in the championship im sure he's going to do well.

Certainly a 3 capable of getting us towards the higher end of the table. Just need a too forward to finish what they create, as Waghorn and Marriott won’t score us close to 20 which is what we’ll need to challenge. 

5 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

Not too sure about this one.People wetting themselves cos of a loan period of a few weeks with the occasional cameo.He's done nothing at Bournemouth in about 2 seasons.His wages would most likely be out of our price range anyway.Ask yourselves this...If Ibe was still with Bournemouth in the Championship this season would you be bricking it at the thought of us facing him? I certainly wouldn't.This move if it happened...has got "Anya" written all over it.Sorry it's a no from me.

Nothing like Anya.  There is no massive transfer fee. He is younger.  He clearly has more talent.  It is just the temperament.  He was on the verge of an England call up from recollection. We desperately lack pace and creativity.  It is certainly one to make money on if he succeeds.  After all he is still two years younger than Lawrence and we have stuck by him.

Archived