Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

11 minutes ago, Rugby Ram said:

Watched the Jordan Ibe interview on the beautiful game podcast a couple of weeks ago. He spoke about how his poor mental health, media pressure and poor relationship with Eddie Howe really affected his time at Bournemouth. By the end he sounded like someone who wants to prove himself and would be a great signing if everyone involved with the club gets behind him and backs him

One year rolling contract to see if he settles. Extremely fast with a strong shot. Come and enjoy yourself here, Jordon.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rugby Ram said:

Watched the Jordan Ibe interview on the beautiful game podcast a couple of weeks ago. He spoke about how his poor mental health, media pressure and poor relationship with Eddie Howe really affected his time at Bournemouth. By the end he sounded like someone who wants to prove himself and would be a great signing if everyone involved with the club gets behind him.

Funny that you never see Alan Tracy and Eddie Howe in the same room together.

DF42724D-0ECE-4083-94EC-77E9C26108B0.jpeg

E9C6BAB9-ACB2-4F39-A237-3D1918F0A6AE.jpeg

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

He was on £27k a week at Trabzonspor which is lower than I thought. Get his uncle Dean to have a word and recommend us...

Lower than I thought. Perhaps that's why he was boosting his paycheck with some gambling... sorry.

I think he's a great talent and think he'd be amazing for us, but he's coming back from a ban for betting and with our issues off the field last year and Ibe's recent history etc. I don't think we need the possibility of more drama. Unless Netflix or Amazon are filming our documentary this year, in which case, we should go for it.

What a signing if this happens.

When he came to Derby he was a raw talent who needed to learn about football. His attitude was spot on and as a result his development in 6 months was startling, it was a body blow when he went back to Liverpool and in its own way one of the factors that cost us promotion that season. I honestly thought he was going right to the top. 

With the right backing and support I’m convinced there is a serious player there still. With where we are financially these are the sort of gambles worth taking as if it comes off we could have a £20-£30m player again.

Interesting it wasn’t just him whose career nosedived at Bournemouth, look at what’s happened to Solanke. 

2 minutes ago, roboto said:

Lower than I thought. Perhaps that's why he was boosting his paycheck with some gambling... sorry.

I think he's a great talent and think he'd be amazing for us, but he's coming back from a ban for betting and with our issues off the field last year and Ibe's recent history etc. I don't think we need the possibility of more drama. Unless Netflix or Amazon are filming our documentary this year, in which case, we should go for it.

Amazon and Netflix reallly missed out not filming us this year ?

1 minute ago, roboto said:

He was every bit as good as Suarez in 13/14- 21 goals from 29 games. He'd be a gamble but the talent is likely still there.

2 year deal on £25k (less than Lawrence) would be a good bit of business if you ask me

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

What a signing if this happens.

When he came to Derby he was a raw talent who needed to learn about football. His attitude was spot on and as a result his development in 6 months was startling, it was a body blow when he went back to Liverpool and in its own way one of the factors that cost us promotion that season. I honestly thought he was going right to the top. 

With the right backing and support I’m convinced there is a serious player there still. With where we are financially these are the sort of gambles worth taking as if it comes off we could have a £20-£30m player again.

Interesting it wasn’t just him whose career nosedived at Bournemouth, look at what’s happened to Solanke. 

To be honest I always thought Solanke was crap anyway, couldn’t believe what Howe spent on him.

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

He was every bit as good as Suarez in 13/14- 21 goals from 29 games. He'd be a gamble but the talent is likely still there.

2 year deal on £25k (less than Lawrence) would be a good bit of business if you ask me

With his injury record I think to make it worthwhile for us it’s have to be a standard salary (10k) topped up with appearance bonuses and goal bonuses. If we had him for 2 years at 25k he might only play 15-20 games

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

When Ibe first joined us on loan he looked like he had a really poor attitude. He would get the ball, try a dribble, lose the ball and stand there with his hands on his hips as if his teammates were to blame for not providing him with the perfect out ball. He looked sullen and selfish - but always with good close control. I really thought he was just a fancy-Dan who had an over inflated idea of his own ability. That pretty much lasted for a bout five games.

Then, over the next five games he started to sometimes track back and his runs became a bit more productive - he quickly became an average Championship wide attacker.

But huge credit to him, his improvement continued. By the time he left us his defending was like that of an accomplished full back, his attacking was unplayable in this division and he worked his socks off for the team.

If Cocu can get the best out of him this will be the signing of the season. Desperate for it to be true.

Yeah, that's how I remembered his time with us also.  A staggering change in demeanour & product over about 3 months. I'm not McClaren's biggest fan but massive credit to him unlocking that potential so quickly. His departure in January arguably was the reason our promotion charge fell just short - lose lose as he didn't really make an impact back at Liverpool.

As to his general situation, I was surprised to learn he's still available on a free transfer. Maybe some clubs have been put off his frankness about his mental health (I hope not) or very high wage demands (I really hope not).

His previous success here I hope is the clincher - come back somewhere familiar, be sensible about wages, repair your career & finish the season as a Prem player by right. If Cocu manages him the way McClaren did, Ibe & Jozwiak could be the best 2 wide men in the Championship.

Just now, Longeatonram2020 said:

To be honest I always thought Solanke was crap anyway, couldn’t believe what Howe spent on him.

Solanke was a different breed in youth football. Easily, and I say that with much confidence, the very best player I saw. He was absolutely electric. He had Tammy Abraham who was coming up behind him, Tammy was more of a goalscorer but a fraction of the player (at that age). Solanke was just special. 

Chelsea had a lot of really good young players and I watched almost every game for a period of time to write about them. I really like Swift, who I thought would go on to do much more, but he's a steady player at Reading. Piazon, too, who was just different class at a time. Lewis Baker, Izzy Brown... Not many of them really went on to live up to their billing or their potential. I would put that down to a mixture of mismanagement and their approach to loan. Piazon is still a Chelsea player now, on his 7th loan club. It's impossible for them to really progress in that environment. Jordon Ibe was another one who was simply magic at that level. 

9 minutes ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

With his injury record I think to make it worthwhile for us it’s have to be a standard salary (10k) topped up with appearance bonuses and goal bonuses. If we had him for 2 years at 25k he might only play 15-20 games

Reckon he'd take that big a wage cut? Guess it depends how much interest there is for his services 

Just now, Ambitious said:

Solanke was a different breed in youth football. Easily, and I say that with much confidence, the very best player I saw. He was absolutely electric. He had Tammy Abraham who was coming up behind him, Tammy was more of a goalscorer but a fraction of the player (at that age). Solanke was just special. 

Chelsea had a lot of really good young players and I watched almost every game for a period of time to write about them. I really like Swift, who I thought would go on to do much more, but he's a steady player at Reading. Piazon, too, who was just different class at a time. Lewis Baker, Izzy Brown... Not many of them really went on to live up to their billing or their potential. I would put that down to a mixture of mismanagement and their approach to loan. Piazon is still a Chelsea player now, on his 7th loan club. It's impossible for them to really progress in that environment. Jordon Ibe was another one who was simply magic at that level. 

People often forget that players can peak at any age.

I should know, I peaked at 9.

Archived