Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I can see the Cocu/Rosenior/etc dynamic working wonders here 

Precisely, not only is the pressure of that price tag and the PL off him but we’ve got the right culture to help him.

You can add the influence of Rooney’s reputation and a dressing room full of hungry young academy players to the coaching staff as well.

Twan Scheepers too.

18 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

When Ibe first joined us on loan he looked like he had a really poor attitude. He would get the ball, try a dribble, lose the ball and stand there with his hands on his hips as if his teammates were to blame for not providing him with the perfect out ball. He looked sullen and selfish - but always with good close control. I really thought he was just a fancy-Dan who had an over inflated idea of his own ability. That pretty much lasted for a bout five games.

Then, over the next five games he started to sometimes track back and his runs became a bit more productive - he quickly became an average Championship wide attacker.

But huge credit to him, his improvement continued. By the time he left us his defending was like that of an accomplished full back, his attacking was unplayable in this division and he worked his socks off for the team.

If Cocu can get the best out of him this will be the signing of the season. Desperate for it to be true.

Largely true but also a tad harsh. When he was on his game, he really unsettled the opposition but yes, he could also be surly if his endeavour didn’t bear fruit. 

The fascination with contracts, wages, transfer fees, it makes up most of the conversation on here. I get fed up reading £8m Bielik, £5m Marriott, £4m Waghorn, the extra pressure that it puts on those players as if a price tag makes them better. When you are a free, like Martin was, like Te Wierik is, what a bonus that is to comments from many, the weight lifted off their shoulders. But to regularly offset that fans then guess what wages they are on so they can have a dig sometimes. There is not one person in the know regarding Anya's wages but they have been estimated here and on the Telegraph website at anything from £25,000–£50,000 a week, never mind the bonuses that had to be paid each time he put on his boots. Don't get me started on age either, that they are on the scrap heap once they reach 29. For me, I look at one season at a time, not five years from now.

This best sums up wages, the conversation between Ward and Buxton in the book Pride.

[Jamie] Ward, one of the final signatures Rush collected, echoes [Jake] Buxton’s comments of ‘if you’re happy, it doesn’t matter what the person beside you is on’. He continues, ‘There were no contract problems for anyone. Everyone signs what they’re happy with. It didn’t matter if someone was on £50,000 and I was on £2,000. If I’m happy with my deal it shouldn’t matter what others are on.’

23 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

"Derby County are making big strides to boost their attacking options.

Lech Poznan's Polish international winger Kamil Jozwiak is set to sign and he could be joined by former Liverpool and Bournemouth attacker Jordon Ibe, DerbyshireLive understands.

And that is unlikely to be the end of their business as the Rams are also in the market for a striker."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-countys-stance-signing-jordan-4516852

willem dafoe smile GIF

excitement GIF

Archived