Bielik

RamNut

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Can he bring that kind of finesse to his slide tackles, rather than try go for a Vinnie Jones special? ?

He is a bit of a bone-crusher, but i like that about him, he just needs to be smarter at it and time his tackles better

I like Bielik, just not sure what he is

He’s all legs, all ball winning, his passing’s alright and he’s mint at carrying the ball

Centre-half he isn’t in a position to win the ball as much as the thick of midfield 

Holding-mid, either he can’t regularly carry the ball or he’s out of position a lot 

Not mobile enough for a number eight 

18 minutes ago, cannable said:

He’s all legs, all ball winning, his passing’s alright and he’s mint at carrying the ball

Centre-half he isn’t in a position to win the ball as much as the thick of midfield 

Holding-mid, either he can’t regularly carry the ball or he’s out of position a lot 

I think you need to work on that song. Not many rhymes. Perhaps @Inverurie Ramcan help?

4 hours ago, cannable said:

Maybe he can be like former Ram, Ian Taylor type of midfielder? I would settle for a player like that ?

My only concern with Bielik is his ACL. If he's properly mended and that's a big if, he can be an absolute monster in this league. Just hope he's given time to find his feet by us fans. My one question concerns where he fits into the side. Bird has pretty much made the CDM role his own in his absence so if both are to play perhaps Bielik is the one who sits deeper and screens the back four with Max playing a higher line where his vision and passing ability can hurt opposition teams more. It's a bit of a puzzle but if anyone can piece it all together it's Cocu. 

I reckon he is now surplus to the side. Goodness knows why we bought him in the first place...and now it is even more of a puzzle.

His agent's outburst following the acl injury won't have gone down well. If we can get good cash for him, we should take it.

9 minutes ago, MikeS said:

I reckon he is now surplus to the side. Goodness knows why we bought him in the first place...and now it is even more of a puzzle.

His agent's outburst following the acl injury won't have gone down well. If we can get good cash for him, we should take it.

Considering our financial position especially last year it is a very expensive deal so hopefully he comes good in fact very good !

9 minutes ago, MikeS said:

Not sure if this is a WUM or not but I reckon the increased competition can only do Bielik the world of good. He seems to have big aspirations but he must know now he cannot simply stroll straight into the side; rather he has to prove himself first. 

28 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Not sure if this is a WUM or not but I reckon the increased competition can only do Bielik the world of good. He seems to have big aspirations but he must know now he cannot simply stroll straight into the side; rather he has to prove himself first. 

The OP is of course talking out his behind, but what gives you the sense he ever thought he could stroll into the team anyway?

2 hours ago, MikeS said:

Completely agree.  We're overloaded in midfield and he doesn't oust Bird or Rooney. And he's no where near as good in defence. 

Archived