Bielik

RamNut

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The fact that some people are even considering Bielik not being able to get in this side is unbelievable.

We're very lucky to have him. 

Bielik and Bird together in midfield is absolutely class.

Look at how they compare to the rest of the championship.

IMG-20200829-WA0010.jpg

Surely this means we have the best midfield in the division? Even Shinnie is up there. Why did we finish 10th? I demand a recount!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, S8TY said:

yes because Rooney was playing too many games in a short space of time , the end of the season was hectic with the game shedule and Rooney was brilliant before the busy schedule of fixtures

Sure. So find the best way to keep him fresh and make the most of his talent.

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The fact that some people are even considering Bielik not being able to get in this side is unbelievable.

We're very lucky to have him. 

Bielik and Bird together in midfield is absolutely class.

Look at how they compare to the rest of the championship.

IMG-20200829-WA0010.jpg

Wtf is that ... I love a good set of stats but that’s messed with my head lol ? 

To be honest, I think Bielik will end up being a very expensive bench warmer.

I think his troubles with injuries make him very difficult to rely on as a starter.

It’s not like January was the first instance. Up until then, the warning signs were there with him missing several games through more minor injuries. We are always going to worry about when he will break down next.

He’s a talented footballer but he’s not in the picture for me. I think the emergence of Bird and the return of Clarke mean it is a tough path back for him to becoming a key player and a starter in any of his favoured positions.

Bird may not have his physical gifts but I think he actually does a better job for the team in terms of his composure, temperament and discipline.

For me, I would be working on Bird and developing him so we can push a midfielder further forward and negate the need for a double pivot.

Playing Rooney or Bielik alongside him will only hold us back.

2 hours ago, Gritty said:

He's talented but I just think he's a luxury and the money could have been better used in other ways. (wingers for one)

And he has weaknesses. Away at Charton, Bowyer consciously told the players to close Bielik down early because he knew his main weakness is he dallies on the ball. Bielik was subbed at 60 minutes as he couldn't cope with the press.  That's just one game obviously. But he's not the finished article by any means.

He's a good player but I just think we're overloaded in defensive midfield slots: Rooney, Bird, Shinnie, Evans and Bielik.  My Charlton friends who watched him for an entire season tell me he's not the same player at centre half (again, he struggles under intense pressure)

At the time we signed him, CDM was the position that we all agreed was most essential. It's easy to say with hindsight that he's a luxury given Rooney and especially Bird's amazing impact.

Personally,  I think Bielik is a good player who will get even better now he's got more quality players around him and to learn off.

Rooney will have less and less influence on the pitch as the season progresses, but his influence on developing players will remain. 

I wouldn't even be surprised if we signed Bielik knowing that the Rooney deal was almost over the line. 

Bielik and Bird at the base of midfield looks to me on paper to be very strong. It should allow us to get 60-70% possession each game and take a lot of pressure off the back 4. Should also give our attackers more scope to just worry about going forward and take less defensive pressure off them.

With Marshall, a back four of Lowe, Clarke, Te Wierik and Bogle, shielded by Bird and Bielik you'd have to imagine we would concede much less goals this season. Might take pressure off the attackers if we only need 1 goal a game as opposed to the couple we generally needed last year.

33 minutes ago, angieram said:

At the time we signed him, CDM was the position that we all agreed was most essential. It's easy to say with hindsight that he's a luxury given Rooney and especially Bird's amazing impact.

I’m not sure about that. Even at the start of last season we had Evans, Huddlestone, Shinnie and Holmes. 

1 minute ago, cannable said:

That Bird stat is a bit weird, pass percentage and duels won 

Only Rooney and Evans win the ball less than him per 90 in midfield 

He doesn’t win the ball a lot, he just tends to win it when the opportunity arises 

He has a brilliant knack for intercepting a pass at just the right time to allow for a counter attack.

34 minutes ago, cannable said:

I’m not sure about that. Even at the start of last season we had Evans, Huddlestone, Shinnie and Holmes. 

You've just highlighted exactly why we needed Bielik. Of those only Shinnie could be called a ball winner and was a freebie signed by a manager who'd moved on, and none of them were / are capable of winning anything in the air.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

It depends what you think of Evans, Huddlestone, Shinnie and Holmes! 

Good defender, past his best, unproven and definitely not a CDM would be my view at the time.

Love Holmes still but further forward and I think Shinnie is a good squad player now that I have seen a bit of him.

41 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think Shinnie is a good squad player now that I have seen a bit of him.

Good player but not one you'd want sitting on his own at the base of midfield trying to dictate play. That's what I think we were looking for when we signed Bielik.

I think our current midfield options are the best we've had since we had Thorne, Eustace, Bryson, Hendrick and Hughes to pick from.

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

We're very well stocked defensively just need some spark up front. A couple of forward players and we're good to go

Yes, that's where the big money comes in to play. Any half decent striker with a decent goals per game ratio is going to require big bucks. Not sure if we have that kind of budget these days. I expect we will start with Waghorn up top. 

31 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes, that's where the big money comes in to play. Any half decent striker with a decent goals per game ratio is going to require big bucks. Not sure if we have that kind of budget these days. I expect we will start with Waghorn up top. 

Pukki....

23 hours ago, Srg said:

The OP is of course talking out his behind, but what gives you the sense he ever thought he could stroll into the team anyway?

I can assure you that I ain't no WUM and my backside is not doing the talking. I stand by my comments whether from my behind or elsewhere. For an £8 million player, Bielik has been far below the required standard so far, with a minimal contribution. 

1 minute ago, MikeS said:

I can assure you that I ain't no WUM and my backside is not doing the talking. I stand by my comments whether from my behind or elsewhere. For an £8 million player, Bielik has been far below the required standard so far, with a minimal contribution. 

£8m according to who? The papers? Bet you thought Lawrence cost £10m as well. 

In the period he played the whole team was poo. Then he got injured. 

Archived