Bielik

RamNut

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people forget Bielik was by far our best player up until his injury. People remember is red cards but don’t remember the 10 previous incredible challenges. He was pretty much our best player most matches in that struggling side. A partnership of him and bird will be the best in the league easily. 

On 29/08/2020 at 17:36, cannable said:

I like Bielik, just not sure what he is

He’s all legs, all ball winning, his passing’s alright and he’s mint at carrying the ball

Centre-half he isn’t in a position to win the ball as much as the thick of midfield 

Holding-mid, either he can’t regularly carry the ball or he’s out of position a lot 

Not mobile enough for a number eight 

He's Derby's Yaya Toure. 

6 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Rooney up front. Bird and Bielik as a very dynamic holding two in midfield. Simples ?

Yep I can’t believe that Rooney even now is not able to replace Chris Martin with those two given time to form a very good partnership We could be very solid

5 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Some people forget Bielik was by far our best player up until his injury. People remember is red cards but don’t remember the 10 previous incredible challenges. He was pretty much our best player most matches in that struggling side. 

Very true. I don’t remember that. 

Hard to believe what I read here....

I think Bielik is key to swap our tactics to 4-3-3. When Rooney plays, he needs someone next to him and we are stuck with 4-2-3-1. I'm expecting a lot from Bielik this season.

Bird-Bielik-Knight would make one hell of a midfield, relentless and skillful.

10 hours ago, Srg said:

The OP is of course talking out his behind, but what gives you the sense he ever thought he could stroll into the team anyway?

Just that very first interview irked me slightly - and to be fair it could have been lost in translation slightly - about him wanting to play in the Prem, with or without Derby (I’m paraphrasing there slightly for effect). 

Don’t get me wrong ambition and ego are fantastic, I just feel he’s barely proven as a League One player yet. I could be (and probably am) mistaken though!

2 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Just that very first interview irked me slightly - and to be fair it could have been lost in translation slightly - about him wanting to play in the Prem, with or without Derby (I’m paraphrasing there slightly for effect). 

Don’t get me wrong ambition and ego are fantastic, I just feel he’s barely proven as a League One player yet. I could be (and probably am) mistaken though!

I can't recall the interview personally, but whilst I can understand it's probably not the best thing to say if that is indeed what he meant/said, I'm not sure I ever got the sense he expected to stroll into the team. He was quite patient and got brought into the fold quite slowly at the start of last season.

On 30/08/2020 at 00:50, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

My only concern with Bielik is his ACL. If he's properly mended and that's a big if, he can be an absolute monster in this league. Just hope he's given time to find his feet by us fans. My one question concerns where he fits into the side. Bird has pretty much made the CDM role his own in his absence so if both are to play perhaps Bielik is the one who sits deeper and screens the back four with Max playing a higher line where his vision and passing ability can hurt opposition teams more. It's a bit of a puzzle but if anyone can piece it all together it's Cocu. 

I’d actually have it the other way round 

bielik clearly likes to maraude forward, being a nervous nelly over the years of watching Derby fall to pieces in the midfield I’d much rather have the bird safety blanket mopping up the pieces, getting us ticking and doing what he does best... I’d allow bielik the license to roam a bit, get in their faces and use that 6.2ft frame to generally be a pain in the ass in and around their box 

On 29/08/2020 at 19:50, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

My only concern with Bielik is his ACL. If he's properly mended and that's a big if, he can be an absolute monster in this league. Just hope he's given time to find his feet by us fans. My one question concerns where he fits into the side. Bird has pretty much made the CDM role his own in his absence so if both are to play perhaps Bielik is the one who sits deeper and screens the back four with Max playing a higher line where his vision and passing ability can hurt opposition teams more. It's a bit of a puzzle but if anyone can piece it all together it's Cocu. 

I'd like to see him take over from Rooney at DM alongside Bird, then bring Wayne off the bench around 60 minutes every match at whatever forward position he's most needed. That could be devastating in this division. Rooney looked clearly past a full match every few days down the home stretch last season.

10 minutes ago, WNC Ram said:

I'd like to see him take over from Rooney at DM alongside Bird, then bring Wayne off the bench around 60 minutes every match at whatever forward position he's most needed. That could be devastating in this division. Rooney looked clearly past a full match every few days down the home stretch last season.

yes because Rooney was playing too many games in a short space of time , the end of the season was hectic with the game shedule and Rooney was brilliant before the busy schedule of fixtures

13 minutes ago, WNC Ram said:

image.png.ba18ee9ffe45b050ee6bd77c5e804c39.png

Think Bielik is quality. Think he will easily go on to play in the premier league and might end up being the first (of hopefully many) we sign and actually make a healthy profit on in a couple of years. 

Hes an absolute unit and has technical ability to match. 

12 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Some people forget Bielik was by far our best player up until his injury. People remember is red cards but don’t remember the 10 previous incredible challenges. He was pretty much our best player most matches in that struggling side. A partnership of him and bird will be the best in the league easily. 

He's talented but I just think he's a luxury and the money could have been better used in other ways. (wingers for one)

And he has weaknesses. Away at Charton, Bowyer consciously told the players to close Bielik down early because he knew his main weakness is he dallies on the ball. Bielik was subbed at 60 minutes as he couldn't cope with the press.  That's just one game obviously. But he's not the finished article by any means.

He's a good player but I just think we're overloaded in defensive midfield slots: Rooney, Bird, Shinnie, Evans and Bielik.  My Charlton friends who watched him for an entire season tell me he's not the same player at centre half (again, he struggles under intense pressure)

I think he'll have a big role.

Theres so much football to be played this season, rotation and depth will be more important than ever.

Bielik is slated for October return last I heard, but probably 100% match fit till November? 

He will probably get himself back into the team over Christmas

33 minutes ago, Gritty said:

He's a good player but I just think we're overloaded in defensive midfield slots: Rooney, Bird, Shinnie, Evans and Bielik. 

If we'd have had those options at DM 4/5 years ago, we wouldn't be messing about in this league now 

Archived