Bielik

RamNut

10 minutes ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Cliche I know, but he will be like having a new signing. But love to know what Cocu will do with him when fit. Either replaces Clarke/Te Wierik at the back or Rooney/Bird in midfield to get in the first team surely? 

Like you say he could drop into a back three or play in front of the defence as the holding midfielder in either formation allowing Rooney to play behind the striker or two strikers depending on the formation with Sibley coming on as sub after an hour to rest Rooney for the next game. The jigsaw is coming together. We seem to have some good people in our coaching set up now who know what is required.

It looks like he will be able to change formation from a 5 at the back to a four depending on the opposition and also be able to do the same during a game if need be. Good options to have going into a season with a lot of games in a shorter space of time.

I'm feeling more optimistic about this season than any other in recent years. I definitely think we will do better than last season.

Bring it on.?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Bird and Bielik with Te Wierik and Clarke behind is very solid, but then where do you play Wayne? Instead of Sibley? Bielik does cause a huge dilemma haha. If Rooney doesn’t stay past his contract (which I don’t think he will) we won’t need to worry about replacing him anyway. 

It's good to have Rooney and Bielik fit at the same time. Rooney won't play every game and we don't need to rush Bielik back either. 

When Bielik is fit, then let's see what the best combination is. 

3 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

Like you say he could drop into a back three or play in front of the defence as the holding midfielder in either formation allowing Rooney to play behind the striker or two strikers depending on the formation with Sibley coming on as sub after an hour to rest Rooney for the next game. The jigsaw is coming together. We seem to have some good people in our coaching set up now who know what is required.

It looks like he will be able to change formation from a 5 at the back to a four depending on the opposition and also be able to do the same during a game if need be. Good options to have going into a season with a lot of games in a shorter space of time.

I'm feeling more optimistic about this season than any other in recent years. I definitely think we will do better than last season.

Bring it on.?

Think defensively we’re looking good. MTW, Clarke, Wisdom, Byrne all solid at this level, good experienced goalkeeper. Forsyth is steady enough and this could be Buchanan’s year to come of age. Then Bird/Bielik defensive mid options, Evans backup, as you said the puzzle is coming together. Built from the back, now let’s see who we bring in further up the field. 

Don’t think it’s all doom and gloom like some and I think we’ll have a steady season. Jozwiak and a decent forward could make us quite an exciting outfit. 

Crikey... 

Marshall

Wisdom/Byrne    Te Wierek    Clarke    Forsyth

Bielik            Bird

Jozwiak                         Rooney/Sibley                     Lawrence

Waggers/Marriott/New Signing

That team is pretty exciting, TBF

3 minutes ago, erathirea said:

Crikey... 

Marshall

Wisdom/Byrne    Te Wierek    Clarke    Forsyth

Bielik            Bird

Jozwiak                         Rooney/Sibley                     Lawrence

Waggers/Marriott/New Signing

That team is pretty exciting, TBF

So,nothing has changed from Mac1... According to this forum, Forsyth was our weakest link then and without a doubt, still is. 

Hats off and credit to him, that's an achievement and half. 

33 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Bielik and Bird seems an ideal DM partnership tbh. Both excellent on the ball with one of them more adventurous with it (Bielik) and the other safer.

If Bielik was going to be used as a CB - I couldn't see it happening outside of a 3CB formation, in which case he'd be replacing Forsyth with would be a huuuuuuuge upgrade.

The back three at the moment is Wisdom/te Wierik, Evans, Clarke. Bielik would replace Evans, not Fozzy. Still a big upgrade though

14 minutes ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Think defensively we’re looking good. MTW, Clarke, Wisdom, Byrne all solid at this level, good experienced goalkeeper. Forsyth is steady enough and this could be Buchanan’s year to come of age. Then Bird/Bielik defensive mid options, Evans backup, as you said the puzzle is coming together. Built from the back, now let’s see who we bring in further up the field. 

Don’t think it’s all doom and gloom like some and I think we’ll have a steady season. Jozwiak and a decent forward could make us quite an exciting outfit. 

I agree with you a decent forward who could play on his own or with Marriott in either formation makes for an exciting season ahead.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The back three at the moment is Wisdom/te Wierik, Evans, Clarke. Bielik would replace Evans, not Fozzy. Still a big upgrade though

Ah true. Ok you can remove one of the 'u's from the adjective ? 

Why wouldn’t you play Rooney upfront on his own - he could do that role easily enough - and better than Marriott or Waghorn. 

That then allows you to have Bielik and Bird in the middle?

Marshall

Byrne.       Te Weirik     Clarke.     Buchanan

Bielik.           Bird

Jozwiak.               Sibley.                Lawrence

Rooney

Just now, Igorwasking said:

Why wouldn’t you play Rooney upfront on his own - he could do that role easily enough - and better than Marriott or Waghorn. 

That then allows you to have Bielik and Bird in the middle?

Marshall

Byrne.       Te Weirik     Clarke.     Buchanan

Bielik.           Bird

Jozwiak.               Sibley.                Lawrence

Rooney

Rooney hasn't played up front on his own as anymore than a stop gap in a period of a game for half a decade.

2 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I was one of Martin's biggest fans, but I can't see why Rooney couldn't replace him. 

What did Martin have that Rooney hasn't, apart from going down a bit easy? 

What's Martin got to do with it? The coaching staff have already stated they want to play with a higher intensity than last season ,which Ronney certainly won't do at CF. He also likes to drop deep to get involved in the build-up play, leaving us with no-one in the CF position. He's best as a CM these days.

4 hours ago, Dimmu said:

So,nothing has changed from Mac1... According to this forum, Forsyth was our weakest link then and without a doubt, still is. 

Hats off and credit to him, that's an achievement and half. 

He was a great player in a great XI under Mac, probably was the weakest link but only due to the consistent strength of the rest of the starting lineup.

Now, he's a yard off the pace and is the weakest link based purely on his own performances

Bielik thread has become Forsyth and I’m guilty too. Bielik new signing pretty much, injury free please. 
Never been a big Forsyth fan, he’s played well in some games I’ve seen, and he has a dedicated following, I appreciate that but his passing is still way too poor for me. I’d still buy him an alcohol free Becks though while I sup one of these.....

9E8F4295-C3AD-450A-9207-7BA88C0BADD4.jpeg

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

Bielik thread has become Forsyth and I’m guilty too. Bielik new signing pretty much, injury free please. 
Never been a big Forsyth fan, he’s played well in some games I’ve seen, and he has a dedicated following, I appreciate that but his passing is still way too poor for me. I’d still buy him an alcohol free Becks though while I sup one of these.....

9E8F4295-C3AD-450A-9207-7BA88C0BADD4.jpeg

At 3.9% I’d have thought he have been alright with what you’re having, and perhaps still safely drive Keogh home.

8 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Say it quietly but I probably don't play Wayne ?

Or I have him rotating with someone further up the pitch - a role where he has to move for but doesn't play full games.

Thing is .. he has such ability you could play him anywhere .. think about Wayne with 15 to go put on as a front man.. doesn’t matter .. other than central defence Wayne would make a difference to any championship side if he is given 15-20 minutes of energy to burn on aging after burners 

8 hours ago, roboto said:

Better if you drop Forsyth and put Buchanan in there IMO.

For me Fozzy is a committed backup or some height / strength if we need it against a certain opponent. Great Pro to have around but not necessarily a starter. 

• 3 weeks later...

More than anything, today shows how much we miss Bielik. His presence, height, ball winning ability and powerful driving runs were all really lacking in midfield. A Bielik Bird pivot gives us much more balance in midfield than a Bird Rooney one and will make us much more solid defensively. In the meantime I’d play Shinnie alongside Bird just to provide a bit of tenacity because Rooney really is a passenger off the ball and we just can’t afford that right now

Archived