What kind of Striker do you want?

Uptherams

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Topram said:

With Bird and Bielik coming back could Cocu use Rooney as a striker?? He said that was his first plans with him 

Hope not. We've just moved on from someone who can't run, don't want another.

6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I suspect what will happen is that we will sign a winger and go in to the season with Waghorn and Marriott as our options up top. One is phsyical but not clinical and one is clinical but not physical. If we could smash them together in to some sort of hybrid we would be on to a winner.

Big Ben and Tower of Pisa. One has time but not inclination and the other has inclination but not the time. Stick a clock face on tower of Pisa and you have inclination and the time but still no pace or ability to turn in the box. Big Ben Pisa would be lean and tasty but would not want to move up here from London. I can see Cocu"s difficulty in getting the right towering CF. I know, alright. COYR

5 hours ago, Srg said:

Hope not. We've just moved on from someone who can't run, don't want another.

Ok Rooney doesn’t have any pace like Chris Martin, that’s where the similarities end. This is Wayne Rooney we are talking about here, he will score 20 goals per season all day long if played in a more advanced position. 

Fundamental for me is someone who threads it all together - less bothered about the goalscoring, it has to be someone who complements our style. Ideally quick but certainly mobile, good touch, intelligent & willing to work hard.  Would prefer strong rather than someone necessarily great in the air, as they will be getting most service into feet (you'd hope) & we need a platform in that final 3rd to build moves off. If we can get that, Lawrence, Sibley & Rooney are all capable of getting 15 league goals each & Knight/Holmes between them to get to double figures.

Not a role for strikers wanting to play off the last man, big burly target men or pure penalty box poachers. I would make a suggestion of names but there are precious few forwards capable of playing at this level who don't fit those other descriptions - I suspect we may go abroad for a purchase.

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Gibson would give us the stream off his......
Let alone sell someone that may improve us  

He has shown his dislike for everything DCFC and Mel Morris

? very true it be nice mind lol 

Archived