What kind of Striker do you want?

Uptherams

If Marriott is staying and stays fit, between him and Waghorn, there won't be many opportunities for a new striker. Cocu can't bring someone in who is expecting to start 40+ matches unless he believes they have a future at the club. Which means we'll have to pay decent money for someone. 

Honestly hope we can get Martin back. If we can't, can see us giving Whiticker and Hector-Ingram more opportunities and focus on signing a decent winger. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One that can score goals with both feet and his head, run the channels, hold the ball up, has the passing range of David Beckham in case we need him to drop deep, incredible pace, never misses a penalty, never gets injured, great attitude, no desire to leave Derby despite any other offers that may come in, available either cheap or on a free.

Not much really. Anything less and I'll just start booing my laptop screen when the season starts.

17 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

If Marriott is staying and stays fit, between him and Waghorn, there won't be many opportunities for a new striker. Cocu can't bring someone in who is expecting to start 40+ matches unless he believes they have a future at the club. Which means we'll have to pay decent money for someone. 

Honestly hope we can get Martin back. If we can't, can see us giving Whiticker and Hector-Ingram more opportunities and focus on signing a decent winger. 

OMG can people just forget Martin in relation to moving forward, he HAS been a good player for us, but that was a few seasons ago, i fail to see what if offers us going forward, other than to slow everything down. 

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

One that can score goals with both feet and his head, run the channels, hold the ball up, has the passing range of David Beckham in case we need him to drop deep, incredible pace, never misses a penalty, never gets injured, great attitude, no desire to leave Derby despite any other offers that may come in, available either cheap or on a free.

Not much really. Anything less and I'll just start booing my laptop screen when the season starts.

How about a gangly kid with a loping gait and a knack for the unexpected and the flukey, who plays with a smile on his face?

That would do me.

12 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

OMG can people just forget Martin in relation to moving forward, he HAS been a good player for us, but that was a few seasons ago, i fail to see what if offers us going forward, other than to slow everything down. 

We've got to be realistic haven't we. No he's not what he once was. But he still gets goals and assists. Not half bad for what is essentially a squad player. Almost 1 in 3 last season. 

That's what we are most likely after, a squad player, big striker. 

1 minute ago, Uptherams said:

We've got to be realistic haven't we. No he's not what he once was. But he still gets goals and assists. Not half bad for what is essentially a squad player. Almost 1 in 3 last season. 

That's what we are most likely after, a squad player, big striker. 

But at what cost to how I feel we want to play, he is immobile, slow, and slows everything down. It would be a retrograde step if we actually gave it a second of thought. A lot depends upon Marriott's fitness and attitude, if he could remain fit and motivated for 80+% of the season then he and Waghorn alongside a new wide player would be my preference. 

Archived