Kieffer Moore - Signed for Cardiff

JfR

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

What's the Matt Jansen story? My friend is a Blackburn fan and massive MJ fan, I never knew this

Matt Jansen and Rory Delap were both close to joining Derby, we signed Delap and Blackburn signed Jansen.

I'll be honest I forget exactly how it went, I was 16, it was a long time ago. But I do know we turned down the chance to sign Jansen.  It might not have been a case of footballing ability, it could have been contract demand.

49 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Matt Jansen and Rory Delap were both close to joining Derby, we signed Delap and Blackburn signed Jansen.

I'll be honest I forget exactly how it went, I was 16, it was a long time ago. But I do know we turned down the chance to sign Jansen.  It might not have been a case of footballing ability, it could have been contract demand.

Palace signed him. He went to Blackburn from Palace for something like £5 million

52 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Apologies, you are absolutely right, Jansen was signed as part of the Blackburn mad spending spree with Jack Walkers millions.

I’d say he was about 10 years after that. Probably after relegation under Hodgson, and promotion under Sounness. 

6 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

The one I remember is turning down Emmanuel Petit who went on to sign for Arsenal a few months later... 

Petit turned us down on his way here when Arsenal rang Monaco and were told he was on his way to us Quite literally turned round and headed to London while officials were at Pride Park with a pen.

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Think Baggio is the worst one

That was Smiths call per his book. Another one with pen in hand at his house in Italy. Then the old agent upped the ante with a signing on fee he wanted. Pickering agreed by phone but Smith pulled the deal.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Missing out on Jansen was surely nowhere near as bad as missing out on Eidur Gudjohnsen?

Can't remember that much about this one other than a 4.5 million fee was agreed with Bolton and we may have looked elsewhere at the last minute. .

We also bought Carbon instead of Huckerby from Lincoln. having gone to watch Huckerby. Saying that Carbon looks good in that 96 promotion photo and played well that day.  Wouldn't swap that for a Forest wannabee.

Thinking of Petit and Baggio in that team in 97-98 . Put Petit and Eranio in midfield with Asanovic further forward, behind Sturridge, Wancope and Baggio. Stimac as sweeper feeding it from the back.

Today's discussion - are we prudent letting Mason Bennett go, he might be needed and what could Kiefer Moore offer.

It's never dull following this club.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Thinking of Petit and Baggio in that team in 97-98 . Put Petit and Eranio in midfield with Asanovic further forward, behind Sturridge, Wancope and Baggio. Stimac as sweeper feeding it from the back.

Today's discussion - are we prudent letting Mason Bennett go, he might be needed and what could Kiefer Moore offer.

It's never dull following this club.

Are you suggesting the possibility of watching more of Mason Bennett playing in a Rams shirt isn't dull in the extreme?

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Are you suggesting the possibility of watching more of Mason Bennett playing in a Rams shirt isn't dull in the extreme?

i don't anticipate it would be to much to endure if he does stay.  The twisting fire starter is sure to endure a 5 month layoff with a broken toe nail within minutes of the first game kicking off. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Petit turned us down on his way here when Arsenal rang Monaco and were told he was on his way to us Quite literally turned round and headed to London while officials were at Pride Park with a pen.

That was Smiths call per his book. Another one with pen in hand at his house in Italy. Then the old agent upped the ante with a signing on fee he wanted. Pickering agreed by phone but Smith pulled the deal.

Can't remember that much about this one other than a 4.5 million fee was agreed with Bolton and we may have looked elsewhere at the last minute. .

We also bought Carbon instead of Huckerby from Lincoln. having gone to watch Huckerby. Saying that Carbon looks good in that 96 promotion photo and played well that day.  Wouldn't swap that for a Forest wannabee.

All those are exactly as I remember them too - Petit would have been immense. There's also Yakubu too if you recall - got turned down for a work permit when we tried to sign him but Portsmouth somehow got one for him - strange that... Prob same place Fuertes got his Portuguese passport. 

5 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

All those are exactly as I remember them too - Petit would have been immense. There's also Yakubu too if you recall - got turned down for a work permit when we tried to sign him but Portsmouth somehow got one for him - strange that... Prob same place Fuertes got his Portuguese passport. 

Wasn’t gudjonsen one also? And Di canio? 

1 hour ago, Raich Van Carter said:

he married a Spanish woman I think, and got a passport.

48 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

only on this forum could a thread go from being linked to a player to ‘name players of the last 40 years we nearly signed which turned out to be alright’ 

I'm quite surprised after 4 pages of the thread that @Eddie hasn't managed to bring politics into it or that @RoyMac5 hasn't declared his undying love for Chris Martin.....

Archived