Kieffer Moore - Signed for Cardiff

JfR

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Were always going to lose out to a club with parachute payments.

We will get signings I am sure. But they will be more unknown players I think. I don't see us shopping in the Championship for players.

Some times that is a good thing keeps teams guessing.

2 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

While I wouldn't have been against the signing, £2 million for a 28 year old that has only (just) hit double figures at this level once isn't exactly incredible value...image.thumb.png.e9dfc4635165bdea106f93f63e53f866.png

This is exactly my sentiment.  I wouldn't have been against this signing but certainly not at this price.

He'll probably get Cardiff promoted now and I'll have to eat my words.

Cheers for now

Gangway D melting on the terrace 

3 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

This is exactly my sentiment.  I wouldn't have been against this signing but certainly not at this price.

He'll probably get Cardiff promoted now and I'll have to eat my words.

Cheers for now

Gangway D melting on the terrace 

Really don't get what he offers that Glatzel doesn't though, he'll be a handy player but for that money i'd want someone slightly younger or more proven. 

If we're splashing 7 figures, i'd rather see us go for Toney but there'll be big competition; otherwise find a bargain from abroad in a cheaper price bracket. Spending £2m on potential mediocrity is the last thing we need right now. 

3 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

While I wouldn't have been against the signing, £2 million for a 28 year old that has only (just) hit double figures at this level once isn't exactly incredible value...image.thumb.png.e9dfc4635165bdea106f93f63e53f866.png

How does it compare to £8m for waghorn?

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

How does it compare to £8m for waghorn?

Slightly better value but market values were very different a year ago, i'd wager Moore would have been £3/4m upfront similar to Waghorn.

It's all relative to performance output anyway; If Moore is the difference between 7th and 6th (or 3rd and 2nd), £2m is an absolute steal in terms of impact, but if they finish midtable and he contributes 8-10 goals as form suggests, it's more likely to be £2m wasted

17 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I think everyone at the time knew we massively overpaid for Waghorn - friends of mine from Scotland who watch their footy regularly could not believe he went for anywhere near that price,,

Thought he was an absolute snip at £5m personally...

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

How does that compare to Martin on £200k a week?

Er.....I think you might be out by a factor of 10.

24 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

@rynny may lock it. He might not. It’s like @frogggwith his ban hammer. Brutal and unpredictable.

Stuff it. I’m in before it’s locked.

Scary thing is, @frogggwasn't on about moderating.

Ever seen The Longest Yard? Battle was based on froggg. 

Watch from 1.28 (if it doesn't start there) 

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

Scary thing is, @frogggwasn't on about moderating.

Ever seen The Longest Yard? Battle was based on froggg. 

Watch from 1.28 (if it doesn't start there) 

Don’t. Just don’t.

If he posts ViennerSchnitzel as his evening meal of choice I’ll be tormented for years with the mental image of how he flattened the meat ?

Even if it’s washed down with a glass of white Rioja. ?

Archived