Fans in stadiums!

Barron

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

yeah, course you are....i often take a walk through Derby city centre and bump into 30,000 people.............

Id guess you’d be likely to interact with a similar amount of  people shopping in Derby Intu for a few hours as a footy match. If you stay in your seat you’d be limited to the hundred or so surrounding you. Couple of hours going through Poundland with a fine tooth comb however. Numbers game. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

Listening to a debate on the Radio and they were suggesting that grounds will open three hours before kick off. This is due to the checks they have to have in place and if you are one of the lucky people to be picked for that game you will have a timed entry slot. 

After the game one stand at once will be allowed to leave so no crowds trying to get away. 

In the ground four or five seats spacing between people not from the same household and two empty rows between plus masks compulsory. 

Well, lets just hope we have an alternative, such as a continuation of the free RamsTV deal.  I'm really not desperate enough for the above scenario, and I'd I'd much rather forfeit my opportunity to attend, to allow someone else to attend, who may appreciate it more.

*I withhold the right to change the above opinion, stance, and/or outlook, at any time, without prior warning, explanation, or apology.  ?

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

If i could offer you one word of advice, it would be not to listen to a thing that mop haired ompa lumpa ever says...

they wont open the stadiums to full capacity, not this year and probably not next.

I think they we have sold to many season tickets not to open fully.

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I doubt they’ve sold that many yet and besides, if the club deems that they cannot comply with whatever social distancing rules or advice is in place if they were to fully reopen then they won’t.

Whatever happens the government must communicate with the PL and EFL their plans and rules for reopening stadiums now.

Clubs are going to need time to prepare if it is to be limited attendances, no good leaving it until a week before.

Can’t wait to get back in there but part of me would love to see grounds closed for next season completely, Leeds get relegated and never get to sing their marching on together nonsense at Old Trafford, Anfield and Stamford Bridge...

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

IF they are told to open at one third capacity (11,000?), then it doesn't matter how many season tickets we have sold.  It will be up to the club to find a way to only allow 11,000 in, even if that means another 8,000 season ticket holders being left out, for that game.
If they can't find a way to open up safely and within the rules, they won't be allowed to open.  It will be that simple!

I imagine the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd etc have already sold maybe 75% of their capacity as season tickets.  If the rules say 33% allowed in, then tough.  Those clubs will have to find a way.  Not one single club will be allowed to let more in than the government stipulate.

This is why, as someone else mentioned, there will never be a way to do it that keeps everybody happy.  Someone, somewhere, will start crying about it being unfair!  Maybe you will get chosen to attend Forest at home on the Saturday, and my name is drawn out for Luton on the Tuesday!  One of us will be happier than the other.

*Yes... of course we'll be playing Forest next season!

If the comments on here are anything to go by, I think that fewer people have renewed than we might imagine. 

There's always a hardcore which renew early but many are waiting for 

a) deadline

b) some indications that football grounds will actually welcome back supporters.

So @B4ev6is you may be lucky and able to go as much as you want.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Looks like my season ticket money is remaining in my account until well into next year,if it moves at all

You and me both,unless we get a miracle break through in a vaccine in next 6 months i can see a full season with no fans allowed

These are going to be trying times for clubs and i can see a lot more in administration certainly in Leagues 1 and 2 

We've been on lockdown for so long now that spikes were always going to happen when things started opening and the leash was let off a bit. It's inevitable. 

People are going to catch it again. The only way we will build up an immunity to it as by getting it and considering you can have it and not even know I'd wager that there is a lot of people out there who have had it during lockdown and been completely unaware and now have built up an immunity to it. 

There won't be a vaccine for it. The last 3 bad viruses we have had SARS etc. We have not had managed to get a vaccine for. 

We can't keep stopping as soon as we see a spike. Because if we do the country will fall apart 

54 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We've been on lockdown for so long now that spikes were always going to happen when things started opening and the leash was let off a bit. It's inevitable. 

People are going to catch it again. The only way we will build up an immunity to it as by getting it and considering you can have it and not even know I'd wager that there is a lot of people out there who have had it during lockdown and been completely unaware and now have built up an immunity to it. 

There won't be a vaccine for it. The last 3 bad viruses we have had SARS etc. We have not had managed to get a vaccine for. 

We can't keep stopping as soon as we see a spike. Because if we do the country will fall apart 

No it won't but life will be very different to how we knew it pre Covid, if there is no vaccine available or until a vaccine is proven to work then we will keep having isolated lockdowns

Archived