Fans in stadiums!

Barron

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We can't keep stopping as soon as we see a spike. Because if we do the country will fall apart 

Already is. If people think this year is bad, just wait until next year. ?

23 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

That was the implication, I will see if I can find the quote ?

Do you mean this one that the BBC quoted from on 17th July when he talked about HOPE and POSSIBLY in time for Christmas?

Mr Johnson added he was "hoping for the best and planning for the worst".
At a news conference at Downing Street, the prime minister said the plan "remains conditional" on continued progress in controlling the virus and preventing a second wave of infections that could overwhelm the NHS.
"It is my strong and sincere hope that we will be able to review the outstanding restrictions and allow a more significant return to normality from November at the earliest - possibly in time for Christmas," he said.

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Do you mean this one that the BBC quoted from on 17th July when he talked about HOPE and POSSIBLY in time for Christmas?

Mr Johnson added he was "hoping for the best and planning for the worst".
At a news conference at Downing Street, the prime minister said the plan "remains conditional" on continued progress in controlling the virus and preventing a second wave of infections that could overwhelm the NHS.
"It is my strong and sincere hope that we will be able to review the outstanding restrictions and allow a more significant return to normality from November at the earliest - possibly in time for Christmas," he said.

Not the right thread to discuss further, but should not be implying this at all. It was never going to happen and find me a scientist that backed this ‘hope’ at any time ?

39 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not the right thread to discuss further, but should not be implying this at all. It was never going to happen and find me a scientist that backed this ‘hope’ at any time ?

Agreed, not the right thread but, you started it on this one.

He was simply expressing a hope and possibly by Christmas. I don’t particularly like the man but you don’t have to find an excuse to misquote/twist his words to have a go at him. He creates enough genuine opportunities of his own.

36 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Agreed, not the right thread but, you started it on this one.

He was simply expressing a hope and possibly by Christmas. I don’t particularly like the man but you don’t have to find an excuse to misquote/twist his words to have a go at him. He creates enough genuine opportunities of his own.

I think it is sort of relevant but I don’t do politics on here. Don’t contribute to the politics thread. I go on other sites to do that. Anyway, should we ask Keogh to come back ?

To be fair, looking at the pub scenario - with the spike of cases slowly creeping up, I won’t be going to the ground as soon as it opens back up to fans, unless there is a vaccine. I’ll personally wait a month or so, just to see if there has been a rise of cases due to the influx of people attending at PP.

I think I’ll feel like a 4 year old again smelling that turf and just in awe of live football 

21 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

To be fair, looking at the pub scenario - with the spike of cases slowly creeping up, I won’t be going to the ground as soon as it opens back up to fans, unless there is a vaccine. I’ll personally wait a month or so, just to see if there has been a rise of cases due to the influx of people attending at PP.

I think I’ll feel like a 4 year old again smelling that turf and just in awe of live football 

If you are are waiting for a vaccine before you go to the football....you are in for a long long wait....as in, you probably won’t ever go again long wait...

On 31/07/2020 at 16:07, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We've been on lockdown for so long now that spikes were always going to happen when things started opening and the leash was let off a bit. It's inevitable. 

People are going to catch it again. The only way we will build up an immunity to it as by getting it and considering you can have it and not even know I'd wager that there is a lot of people out there who have had it during lockdown and been completely unaware and now have built up an immunity to it. 

There won't be a vaccine for it. The last 3 bad viruses we have had SARS etc. We have not had managed to get a vaccine for. 

We can't keep stopping as soon as we see a spike. Because if we do the country will fall apart 

It was this herd immunity theory that got us into the mess we are in now.

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

If you are are waiting for a vaccine before you go to the football....you are in for a long long wait....as in, you probably won’t ever go again long wait...

Are you saying that even though our government are ploughing millions (maybe billions) into finding a vaccine and even though they are handing large sums of money to large pharmaceutical companies that a vaccine may never really be found?

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Are you saying that even though our government are ploughing millions (maybe billions) into finding a vaccine and even though they are handing large sums of money to large pharmaceutical companies that a vaccine may never really be found?

I think one issue is that they are developing a vaccine to the COVID-19 strain. 

There is already evidence that the virus is mutating. 

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

There is already evidence that the virus is mutating. 

... possibly into something weaker.

If you track hospitalizations and deaths there has been no marked rise, despite the cases identified by the increased testing.

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, Carnero said:

... possibly into something weaker.

If you track hospitalizations and deaths there has been no marked rise, despite the cases identified by the increased testing.

possibly,  or could it be those being diagnosed are younger people who are less at risk of it being a serious infection. 

Since lockdown restrictions have been lifted and pubs reopened we are seeing everyday reports in the media of people not social distancing or wearing face masks, you see people packed together on crowded beaches, they are just not getting the government guidance as to why they need to social distance etc. as they think the virus has miraculously vanished. While ever this mentality is taking place some sort of lockdown will be re-introduced and sports stadia of any sort will remain closed to the public 

16 hours ago, Paul71 said:

possibly,  or could it be those being diagnosed are younger people who are less at risk of it being a serious infection. 

they may well be but they are the ones who are more likely to be carriers and then they go home or to the pub,celebrating or commiserating with their mates who then pass the infection on to older people, parents,other family members to who it becomes a serious infection

Archived