Fans in stadiums!

Barron

So looks like theres no away days next season... and huge competition over seats - being a suggested lucky dip to fill 20-30% of the stadium. Do we know if the club will prioritise season ticket holders or they getting shafted?...

source - fanbanter.co.uk/the-number-of-fans-who-could-be-let-into-efl-stadiums-next-season/

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine Mel might be assessing the situation and looking like this:

scrooge mcduck 90s GIF

It'll be a shame not to be able to fill stadiums, but we've got a great product with RamsTV and I reckon we could shift a few more subscriptions and PPV for away matches than we'd take to a lot of games. £10 to view in the comfort of your own home or about £20 to get into the stadium and the extra tine and cost of travel on top of that to freeze your nads off at Wycombe on a cold Tuesday evening in January? It has the potential to be a lucrative source of income for clubs in the right position to sell live matches to fans around the world.

With home matches, things are a bit more uncertain. How many people want to risk themselves or their families health to go to a match on a regular basis? There's a lot of things we are missing right now, but I'm sure that we'll get through it eventually and get back to how things were. Just got to persevere with the restrictions imposed until then.

33 minutes ago, roboto said:

I imagine Mel might be assessing the situation and looking like this:

scrooge mcduck 90s GIF

It'll be a shame not to be able to fill stadiums, but we've got a great product with RamsTV and I reckon we could shift a few more subscriptions and PPV for away matches than we'd take to a lot of games. £10 to view in the comfort of your own home or about £20 to get into the stadium and the extra tine and cost of travel on top of that to freeze your nads off at Wycombe on a cold Tuesday evening in January? It has the potential to be a lucrative source of income for clubs in the right position to sell live matches to fans around the world.

With home matches, things are a bit more uncertain. How many people want to risk themselves or their families health to go to a match on a regular basis? There's a lot of things we are missing right now, but I'm sure that we'll get through it eventually and get back to how things were. Just got to persevere with the restrictions imposed until then.

Unfortunately, this would be a little reliant on EFL negotiating with Sky.

I can't justify the astronomical prices for Sky when I'm not interested in most of what they show in the vain hope of seeing Derby a few times over the season. £10-£15/month to watch only Derby? Now you're talking. But not possible while Sky has the power that it does.

I'd still have my ST. Still try and make away games. But when it's Middlesbrough, or Sunderland on a Tuesday night? Not on your nellie. I don't have enough days off from work to make those. And don't start with the I'm a better fan than you nonsense. 

Would put more money in club coffers, instead of trusting the PL to dripfeed lower leagues. Make it more accessible to fans who wouldn't normally be able to watch.

4 hours ago, Barron said:

So looks like theres no away days next season... and huge competition over seats - being a suggested lucky dip to fill 20-30% of the stadium. Do we know if the club will prioritise season ticket holders or they getting shafted?...

source - fanbanter.co.uk/the-number-of-fans-who-could-be-let-into-efl-stadiums-next-season/

Why use such emotive language as “shafted”? Totally unnecessary.

Obviously none us KNOW if the club will prioritise ST holders yet. 

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Nah I reckon the club will ban all season ticket holders. Only half fans allowed.

Or those willing to buy 6 pints and 2 pies pre match, per person, as a minimum. 

They wont want the sort who bring their own food and drink hidden in their jackets and down their trousers......?

5 hours ago, Barron said:

Anyone selecting option 5, no refund, will be excluded.

Question on this. 

I took up the option of getting 20% off next seasons season ticket as a refund option for the games missed.

I believe at the moment the renewal deadline is 31st July.

Do you think this will be extended again?

If as expected the season starts early September. We would potentially miss 3-4 home games. Possibly more if we aren't allowed a full stadium. 

So if I renew next week. But best case scenario I miss 3-4 games. Then the club are potentially going to have to offer a refund for the games missed. 

Or do you think they will extend the deadline for a season ticket renewal to allow them to gain a better understanding of when the season starts, when fans will be allowed back in and how many games fans will miss next season to allow them to price the season tickets accordingly?

30 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Question on this. 

I took up the option of getting 20% off next seasons season ticket as a refund option for the games missed.

I believe at the moment the renewal deadline is 31st July.

Do you think this will be extended again?

If as expected the season starts early September. We would potentially miss 3-4 home games. Possibly more if we aren't allowed a full stadium. 

So if I renew next week. But best case scenario I miss 3-4 games. Then the club are potentially going to have to offer a refund for the games missed. 

Or do you think they will extend the deadline for a season ticket renewal to allow them to gain a better understanding of when the season starts, when fans will be allowed back in and how many games fans will miss next season to allow them to price the season tickets accordingly?

The deadline day will surely have to be moved back.

I'm not going to be renewing our season tickets until there is more clarity...I don't expect anyone is going to be nicking our seats at the moment.

so many questions

Will we have to wear masks?

Will the rock hard footy boys who have cried like babies at the though of having to wear a mask in a shop, suddenly be fine with it if they get to go and watch the match?

Will Rammie have to wear a mask over his mask?

Archived