DCFC Fans Player of the Season 19/20

Day

Player of the Season 19/20  

274 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom Lawrence, despite all the controversy.

There's not actually many candidates if number of games played is included as a factor, which is the only reason it wouldn't be a Rooney, Bird or Martin.

1. Lawrence

2. Clarke

3. Waghorn

I went for Rooney. 

Not on his own individual performances but the impact he’s had on our season has been unbelievable, without him I don’t think we would even be looking at the top 6.

Maybe that’s wrong, not what the award should be about, but I really don’t see anyone that has played consistently well throughout the full season to warrant the award which sounds incredibly harsh but that’s how I see it.

Oh and if anyone is wondering who voted Hamer, it was resident wind up merchant @bigbadbob although you may have already guessed and predicted that already.

Clarke for me. Our defence has been a proper mess this season after losing Keogh to injury and being forced to play crisp packet hands in goal, but he’s just about managed to hold it together and keep things respectable. With all the chopping and changing around him I think he’s done a fantastic job keeping things organised given he’s still only young. You only have to look at our results when he was injured to see his importance to the team. So for being one of our only players to show some level of consistency this season, I think POTY has to go to Clarke. Hopefully we can sign him on a permanent deal, or at least keep him on loan next season.

My heart voted for the Wardrobe for the renaissance he's had this season. If I'd used my head it would be Clarke all day long. He's been a rock at times this season despite having various partners at centre half. Much like Tomori, I will be sorry to see him return to his parent club.

Clarke 100%

It's no coincidence that we were so awful between 9th November & 30th December when he was unavailable.

That terrible 2 months seems to have warped some people's views on how we'd performed between August and the start of November; we weren't great by any means, no, but reasonable steady and on course for a mid-table finish.

I always believed (and said) that things would pick up when he returned and so it proved. Yes, Rooney coming in helped a lot too, but I don't t think POTY awards should go to anyone who's only been here half a season.

Don't forget also that he was stepping up a league and needed time to adjust, which I think he now fully has. He's now one of the few players in our squad I'm confident could find a place at any other Championship side, even the fancy quick passing ones.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Never been a fan of awards being dished out before the end of the season. The last few games could change everything.

That being said, Scott Malone has been absolutely outstanding this season. He gets my vote.

get out GIF

I see Max Bird as our most vital player to the way we play, so I voted for him on that account.

Clarke's been the most consistent performer and stepped up after Keogh was sacked. 

I let my heart overrule my head this time.

Voted Martin. He's not been the same Martin as in the Mac1 seasons, but the team improved drastically once he came into it. Clarke would be a very close second for his consistency, but I just think that Chrissie shades him. Others have had very good half seasons (Rooney, Bird, Lawrence and Holmes getting special mentions) but over the 11 months of this season I'd love Martin to get it.

Clarke

We won 1 of the 8 games following his injury

Not that it really matters but:

Whoscored Top Players - Matt Clarke (7.04), Tom Lawrence (6.99), Wayne Rooney (6.95)

SofaScore Top Players - Chris Martin (7.07), Matt Clarke (7.02), Tom Lawrence (6.94)

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

Voted Martin. He's not been the same Martin as in the Mac1 seasons, but the team improved drastically once he came into it. Clarke would be a very close second for his consistency, but I just think that Chrissie shades him. Others have had very good half seasons (Rooney, Bird, Lawrence and Holmes getting special mentions) but over the 11 months of this season I'd love Martin to get it.

Figured it out. We have Chris Martin’s full family on here haven’t we, are you his uncle by a chance? 

I know @RoyMac5 is his Dad and @kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong is his mum, figured that out a while back ?

Archived