DCFC Fans Player of the Season 19/20

David

Player of the Season 19/20  

274 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot believe that there are ANY  votes for Waghorn (nowhere near the class of Chris Martin) or Lawrence (regular under achiever and lucky to still be here due to ‘you know what’) ! 
Chris Martin a shoe-in for me, match winning goals and performances from a player who has beaten a serious illness and overcome disgusting treatment from three brainless managers ..

50 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

I cannot believe that there are ANY  votes for Waghorn (nowhere near the class of Chris Martin) or Lawrence (regular under achiever and lucky to still be here due to ‘you know what’) ! 
Chris Martin a shoe-in for me, match winning goals and performances from a player who has beaten a serious illness and overcome disgusting treatment from three brainless managers ..

Waghorn is the clubs top goal scorer this season. Maybe that’s why people have voted for him, or maybe they recognise the effort he puts into games and appreciate what he brings to the team.

1 hour ago, Ram8 said:

Firstly, he's our top goal scorer.

Secondly, he's been almost ever present. People are ruling out Rooney and Bird because they've only been playing for half of the games. Hamer has only played just over half our games and he's got the 7th highest minutes for us this season... that doesn't give us many options - Just Lawrence, Waghorn, Clarke, Bogle, Holmes and Lowe.

I think it's fairly obvious why people have voted Waghorn.

I think it has to be Chris Martin. I seriously debated Bird and Rooney, because those two in midfield has been one of the driving forces behind our revival. But then I realised Bird only began starting games in the second half of the season, and Rooney only arrived in January so I decided to go with Martin. Many people thought he would be one of the first to leave last summer! He has managed to come back into the first team picture, after being surplus to requirements under previous managers. He never gave up during during those periods of time, and that is why he deserves it. Credit to Cocu as well for giving him another chance, and boy, did he take that chance.

Between Martin and Clarke. Clarke has been consistently very very good with an ever changing partner next to him. Tomori has Keogh next to him, Clarke has never had that luxury and came from a level below last year. Martin’s story of the wilderness to where is he now is in some ways under appreciated. He’s not consistently brilliant but we wouldn’t be even near the play offs without him.

I went with Martin, to be honest @Ram8convinced me with a strong argument. My head would probably go with Clarke though

4 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Between Martin and Clarke. Clarke has been consistently very very good with an ever changing partner next to him. Tomori has Keogh next to him, Clarke has never had that luxury and came from a level below last year. Martin’s story of the wilderness to where is he now is in some ways under appreciated. He’s not consistently brilliant but we wouldn’t be even near the play offs without him.

I went with Martin, to be honest @Ram8convinced me with a strong argument. My head would probably go with Clarke though

I did exactly the same as you, but I won't be unhappy with Clarke winning it.

I would have just liked Martin to win it once over his years with us.

Bird definitely young player of year. No contest.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I did exactly the same as you, but I won't be unhappy with Clarke winning it.

I would have just liked Martin to win it once over his years with us.

Bird definitely young player of year. No contest.

Not a lifetime achievement award though. 

18 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not a lifetime achievement award though. 

I know that and I have voted for him once before, probably 13/14.

It's just a bit unfortunate that there isn't any recognition of club contribution over several years, apart from the rather outdated testimonials, which are very rarely applicable these days.

No one has been outstanding and the season has panned out as expected, slow rebuild with a hope that some of the academy players will develop and improve. 

I was reluctant to vote for a defender, sine we haven't been great, shipping 3 goals in quite a few games. However I have gone for Clarke, as he seems to have given it a good go in most games. 

Archived