DCFC Fans Player of the Season 19/20

David

Player of the Season 19/20  

274 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Clarke. Would’ve gone for Lawrence but certain off the pitch events probably prevents him winning, Bird for YPOTY.

Agree, appreciate the giving of second chances and all that, but to receive any sort of award in the same season you are partially responsible for likely ending the career of the team captain just wouldn't be right.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clarke

he was a bit wobbly and nervous when he first arrived, but with the loss of keogh, he has got better and better.

1 hour ago, David said:

Figured it out. We have Chris Martin’s full family on here haven’t we, are you his uncle by a chance? 

I know @RoyMac5 is his Dad and @kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong is his mum, figured that out a while back ?

Unclerichinspain. Nice ring to it! 

Seriously, I probably would class myself as part of the CM fanboy club, but I voted with my head not my heart. He's had his poor games like everyone else, but for me he deserves a/the POTY award from us. He's not had that wow effect like Rooney has, but he's still improved players around him.

If you want my heartfelt vote, it's a bit like when Archie Gemmill won it. He probably wasn't the best player that season, but his history with us and the way he tried to drive the team on won it for him. Martin should have won it in 13/14 but for Bryson's efforts. He's been cast out by three different managers because he didn't fit their style. He's also come back from a debilitating illness that could have finished his career.

POTY this year is a difficult one. We've had so many good, bad, and down right ugly phases throughout. The range of votes implies that no one has stood out, so the heart has to come into it a little. Serious question, why did you choose Rooney? For his football, for his effect on the team, because he's Wayne effing Rooney? I have seen the effect he's had too. The team has improved enormously since he arrived. I personally don't think he's taken many, if any, games by the scruff of the neck. He's had moments of brilliance. Does that however make him POTY on half a season's football? Thinking about it, we could give the award to Cocu, he's had a similar effect on all of the players!

6 hours ago, David said:

I went for Rooney. 

Not on his own individual performances but the impact he’s had on our season has been unbelievable, without him I don’t think we would even be looking at the top 6.

Maybe that’s wrong, not what the award should be about, but I really don’t see anyone that has played consistently well throughout the full season to warrant the award which sounds incredibly harsh but that’s how I see it.

Oh and if anyone is wondering who voted Hamer, it was resident wind up merchant @bigbadbob although you may have already guessed and predicted that already.

It was easier to spell than jozefzoon

It’s traditional for Derby fans to select centre half’s so I have gone for someone who has occasionally played there when desperate and has played well at left back again when asked - yes Forsyth because I can’t believe he has been as good as he has with having those 3 very serious knee injuries.

There is no choice other than Rooney. Completely turned the team around since his arrival. He has had a few bad performances, but his performances as a captain and as a leader have been vital to this team.

Nobody else has really accomplished anything particularly noteworthy. I guess Clarke would be my second pick if I had a gun to my head.

I saw my mate the other day, 

He said to me he saw the white Pele, 

So I asked, who is he? 

He goes by the name of Wayne Rooney, 

Wayne Rooney,Wayne Rooney, 

He goes by the name of Wayne Rooney. 

Clarke for me. 

Archived