Who would you sell (and how much do you think we would get)

sage

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd sell Bogle and use the fee to try and get Clarke on a permanent. (£8m-ish)

I'd sell Waghorn and use the fee to go back in for Jozwiak, a proper winger (£3/4m)

I'd sell Carson to Man City, if we can get Zach Steffen in on loan

Then try and sell Roos, Malone & Josefzoon and use the funds to buy a target man (if Hector-Ingram isn't ready)

Team: Steffen, Wisdom, Te Wierik, Clarke, Lowe, Rooney, Bird, Jozwiak, Sibley, Lawrence, New ST

I know Malone hasn’t been brilliant for us but I reckon people are under valuing him. Didn’t we buy him for 3 million? His value hasn’t dropped that much surely 

I’d sell anyone for the right money tbh seems like there’s plenty coming through to replace leavers... Ebosele, Thompson, both Browns, JHI, JML (??) can’t be miles away  

5 minutes ago, Jram said:

I know Malone hasn’t been brilliant for us but I reckon people are under valuing him. Didn’t we buy him for 3 million? His value hasn’t dropped that much surely 

I’d sell anyone for the right money tbh seems like there’s plenty coming through to replace leavers... Ebosele, Thompson, both Browns, JHI, JML (??) can’t be miles away  

He’s 29 now, his resale value will be low for whoever buys him, he’s not been a consistent player for us, or at Huddersfield before that. He’s also our third choice left back. In a post covid market, I can’t see anyone paying much for him. We might be happy to just have his wages off the books. 

5 minutes ago, DCFC_Sloth said:

He’s 29 now, his resale value will be low for whoever buys him, he’s not been a consistent player for us, or at Huddersfield before that. He’s also our third choice left back. In a post covid market, I can’t see anyone paying much for him. We might be happy to just have his wages off the books. 

Possibly, seems a shame if he goes for less than half what we bought him for 

Ah well, used to it after years of butterfields ans johnsons 

25 minutes ago, Jram said:

Possibly, seems a shame if he goes for less than half what we bought him for 

Ah well, used to it after years of butterfields ans johnsons 

Better to sell him this summer for £500k than let him go for free next year. We'll probably be close to £1.5m better off.

Sell Tom Lawrence.  Every promotion battling team needs a special player that can turn a game in a moment and he is supposed to be ours.  He does it far too occasionally and in addition the only thing you can rely upon is that he is a hot head.  Sadly I cant see that he will change as there is a good player in there somewhere

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Better to sell him this summer for £500k than let him go for free next year. We'll probably be close to £1.5m better off.

Agreed, maybe it’s inevitable we’re going to have some duds and have to sell them cheap

Cant remember many players we’ve bought for a big sum and sold on for more.. ince and vydra are the two that spring to mind

Everyone else we’ve made money on seem to be academy or savvy cheapos 

17 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

If you really think anyone is gojng to pay 10 million for Lawrence you must have rocks in your head...and 3 million for Holmes....?? You know we are in the middle of a world wide pandemic and just about to go into the biggest ever recession the world has ever seen......? (Oh, and Lawrence is dogshit) 

Some of our so called fans are dogshit

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well I'm just watching Sunderland till I die and a lad called josefzoon has just bagged a couple of beauties for Brentford and torn Sunderland a new one.

If only we could attract someone like him.......?

Blackman still bagging lots of goals for Reading too?! ?

Archived