Who would you sell (and how much do you think we would get)

sage

As we will be operating on a reduced income next year, we may well have to sell some players to survive, never mind buy some new ones.

So, who would you sell and how much do you think we would get for them?   

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Bennett 300k

Flo Jo - 450 k

Malone - 200 k

Probably agree on the Bennett fee, although we should stick a sell on clause in as he’s still young, finds a way to stay fit and play regular football he could still be some player.

Jozefzoon and Malone fees however are a bit low and for that money I would rather keep them both as squad players.

We have to be looking at least a million each as we still have to replace them in someway. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Jozefzoon and Malone fees however are a bit low and for that money I would rather keep them both as squad players.

We have to be looking at least a million each as we still have to replace them in someway. 

JoFlo has done nothing to be replaced - but even so an Academy lad could do as well.

Malone is behind - Lowe, Fozzy, Buchanan.

I'd be impressed if we got any fees for them. Isn't next season their last with us?

Mitchell, roos, Davies, jozefzoon, Malone can all go.

total raised : er....what were those coins with holes in the middle?
One of them.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

JoFlo has done nothing to be replaced - but even so an Academy lad could do as well.

Malone is behind - Lowe, Fozzy, Buchanan.

I'd be impressed if we got any fees for them. Isn't next season their last with us?

We need wide players, Jozefzoon hasn’t really worked out here but he’s no bad player. 

Both are free agents next summer, but we have to remember that the way we do our accounts we can’t really dump players and we’re better off extending their contracts. 

Who knows what impact the EFL investigation may have on all that though. 

If found guilty a transfer embargo could be on the table. Can’t see us being found guilty, but it’s something worth considering. 

Just now, David said:

Both are free agents next summer, but we have to remember that the way we do our accounts we can’t really dump players and we’re better off extending their contracts. 

Who knows what impact the EFL investigation may have on all that though. 

If found guilty a transfer embargo could be on the table. Can’t see us being found guilty, but it’s something worth considering. 

Maybe so. Cannot agree with JoFlo being good though, he's another 'Blackman' signing.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Probably agree on the Bennett fee, although we should stick a sell on clause in as he’s still young, finds a way to stay fit and play regular football he could still be some player.

@David ask yourself this question. If we needed a left back and a winger, would you be happy with Derby paying a million each for those you?

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Could there be someone who is willing to pay as much as 200 grand for Malone?

Apart from Derby, obviously.

We paid 3 million didnt we?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe so. Cannot agree with JoFlo being good though, he's another 'Blackman' signing.

Brentford fans seemed to like him, dare I say we maybe haven’t played a system that suits him so not seen the best of him?

4 minutes ago, sage said:

@David ask yourself this question. If we needed a left back and a winger, would you be happy with Derby paying a million each for those you?

If we jump back in the time machine and erase what we know now, I would absolutely pay £1m each for them.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

As we will be operating on a reduced income next year, we may well have to sell some players to survive, never mind buy some new ones.

So, who would you sell and how much do you think we would get for them?   

It's tricky to know without knowing finances and to an extent all players are sellable for the right price but broadly I'd say we have 3 categories; players we actively want to sell, players we actively want to keep and players in the middle. 

Want to sell

Malone and Zoon are clear surplus to requirements. Malone i do think is a decent player and might carry a reasonable fee. Bennett looks like he's on his way to Millwall and it's probably a good idea all round. 

Anything between 1m and 2m would be good for the lot.

Want to Keep 

Bogle, Lowe, Bird, Sibley, Knight and probably any u23 we think has serious potentially. This is mostly because their value is going to grow whist being on relatively low wages and forming the backbone of any team. 

Bielik because  for similar reasons to above combined we've not got a chance a selling him for anything like a decent price.

Rooney because he predominantly isn't be paid by us and will be transitioning into a coaching role. 

Te Wierik as he's just joined and likely is first choice.

For the right price  

Every one else pretty much. That's not say there are players I'd prefer to keep more than others and they obviously have different values. But any other player we get an offer where we think we can replace them for less than we probably have to consider it.

Sith Happens

I don't think flo jo is that bad,  but based by valuation on what I think other clubs will see his value based on his contribution over 2 seasons

I think he just doesn't seem to fit here, would be better moving on

malone is so far behind other players in his position just don't see a future for him at Derby 

Archived