Who would you sell (and how much do you think we would get)

sage

Two to raise money would be Lawrence £5m, Marriott £3m and Bennett £250k plus add ons. If anyone is daft enough to buy Malone and Josefzoon, let them go, even if it is a nominal sum. Would sell Bielik or Shinnie if a decent right offer came in. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Lawrence £10 million ( prem club)

Bogle £10 million (prem club) 

Malone - anything we can get 

jafoozon - £300,000 

Mitchell - £50,000 

Evans - £700,000 

Holmes - £2-3 million 

Bielik - £8 million 

If you really think anyone is gojng to pay 10 million for Lawrence you must have rocks in your head...and 3 million for Holmes....?? You know we are in the middle of a world wide pandemic and just about to go into the biggest ever recession the world has ever seen......? (Oh, and Lawrence is dogshit) 

WIth the right price, everyone is on sale. With the current situation thoughI doubt we'll manage to sell anyone.

Loans will be the way to shape the squad this summer.  I've heard some rumours about swap deals as well, but not sure will those be a thing in England.

It seems clear we need to ship out one of our LBs - I would imagine Malone

I think Bennett is pretty much out the door already - If (as it seems) the loan move had a fee to buy included in it

I don't think Josefzoon has done enough for us so far and doesn't seem to add much from the bench so whilst not actively looking to get shot I think if we got a half decent offer he'll be gone

Roos for me needs moving on too - I'd actually rather take a gamble on one of the youth players than go back to him

Other than that we've actually got a fairly light squad so I think I'd keep everyone else unless we got a silly bid for someone - Bogle would be the most obvious candidate - I think letting go of any of the lads who've broken through this season would be bonkers - Bird (for me) is our most precious resource and we should dismiss any bids for him - Then Sibley and Knight I'd be sticking VERY big price tags on

10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

If you really think anyone is gojng to pay 10 million for Lawrence you must have rocks in your head...and 3 million for Holmes....?? You know we are in the middle of a world wide pandemic and just about to go into the biggest ever recession the world has ever seen......? (Oh, and Lawrence is dogshit) 

I did point out that a premiership club might especially if they think he can score goals which he could ( maybe a promoted Swansea or Cardiff or even a Crystal Palace ) 

i am not his biggest fan but he has clear value - Holmes is a reasonable price for us to sell at in my opinion 

If we sell Lawrence for anything south of eight figures we want our heads checking, pandemic or otherwise

Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Costa, both Murphy’s, Decordova-Reid. Check their fees and then check their stats. Lawrence is better than all of them. In fact, I think the only starting XI he doesn’t get into in this division is Brentford’s.

All the above does rely on us getting him signed up to a new deal, however. Think he only has a year left?

16 minutes ago, nottingram said:

If we sell Lawrence for anything south of eight figures we want our heads checking, pandemic or otherwise

Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Costa, both Murphy’s, Decordova-Reid. Check their fees and then check their stats. Lawrence is better than all of them. In fact, I think the only starting XI he doesn’t get into in this division is Brentford’s.

All the above does rely on us getting him signed up to a new deal, however. Think he only has a year left?

Pretty sure it is 2 years left, Rowett signed him and I think it was a 5 year contract which was noticeable at the time as contracts of that length are pretty unusual. 1 season with Rowett, 1 season with Lampard, 1 season with Cocu = 2 years left.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Pretty sure it is 2 years left, Rowett signed him and I think it was a 5 year contract which was noticeable at the time as contracts of that length are pretty unusual. 1 season with Rowett, 1 season with Lampard, 1 season with Cocu = 2 years left.

That’s good then. I had assumed 4 year deal because as you say, 5 years is unusual, and couldn’t remember him signing a new one

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Definitely 2 years left. 

Only 3 player will raise £5m+ Bird, Bogle and Lawrence. Two are from the academy and one derailed our season twice with an act of rank stupidity. 

1 minute ago, sage said:

Definitely 2 years left. 

Only 3 player will raise £5m+ Bird, Bogle and Lawrence. Two are from the academy and one derailed our season twice with an act of rank stupidity. 

It’s kind of a contradiction though. I can just about understand, but think it is slightly hyperbolic, that he derailed our season by getting suspended, thus being unavailable for three games. If he is so important to the team, surely the response shouldn’t be to sell him, making him perpetually unavailable for us?

We have seen considerably worse wingers / wide forwards at this level (as detailed in my previous post - Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Costa, Decordova-Reid, the Murphy’s) go for much more than we would get for him, partly because we are notoriously poor sellers and partly due to perceptions about him as an individual.

If we could guarantee that we would replace what he offers with cash left over, then sure, let him go. But imo there is little chance we could or would do that. Would be one step back from a functional team with no guarantee of even making one step forward in return, let alone two.

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

It’s kind of a contradiction though. I can just about understand, but think it is slightly hyperbolic, that he derailed our season by getting suspended, thus being unavailable for three games. If he is so important to the team, surely the response shouldn’t be to sell him, making him perpetually unavailable for us?

We have seen considerably worse wingers / wide forwards at this level (as detailed in my previous post - Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Costa, Decordova-Reid, the Murphy’s) go for much more than we would get for him, partly because we are notoriously poor sellers and partly due to perceptions about him as an individual.

If we could guarantee that we would replace what he offers with cash left over, then sure, let him go. But imo there is little chance we could or would do that. Would be one step back from a functional team with no guarantee of even making one step forward in return, let alone two.

Would you rather sell Bogle or Bird? 

What were the results of the 3 games he missed? He plays in a position where we are short of options and got himself sent off after the final whistle. Pretty unprofessional.   

1 minute ago, sage said:

Would you rather sell Bogle or Bird? 

What were the results of the 3 games he missed? He plays in a position where we are short of options and got himself sent off after the final whistle. Pretty unprofessional.   

I think of those 3 Lawrence is the most irreplacable in the current team.

Bird could be replaced with Bielik with not too much of a drop off, although we would need to know we could rely on Bielik to a) stay fit and b) temper his aggression. That’s not to say I prefer one to the other, I think both offer different things.

The Bogle iteration of this season is certainly replaceable, there was no discernible drop off in team form or even attacking output from that position when Wisdom was there instead, but we have seen the heights he can reach based on last season, but at this level, I don’t think full backs get you promoted.

Your Lawrence point is kind of exactly what I mean. He was suspended (stupidly, I agree) and almost all attacking output was gone (although the three games were tough so drawing conclusions one way or the other is difficult. We were excellent vs Blackburn when he was absent, for instance). But I don’t believe, or certainly don’t trust, that we would adequately replace him with the money we would get for him. Not many wingers at this level match up to his numbers this season, and there are some very expensive names in the list of ones who don’t, as I pointed out. 

Archived