Who would you sell (and how much do you think we would get)

sage

Sith Happens

I wouldn't be surprised to see us cash in on one of the younger players,  if Chelsea did come knocking with 10 million plus addon and a sell on clause for Bird I think we sell

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, David said:

If we jump back in the time machine and erase what we know now, I would absolutely pay £1m each for them.

Sadly other teams would have seen their performances over the last 2 seasons.

Players that need to go are those who aren’t near the starting 11 when all players are fit. So Malone and Zoon make obvious candidates. Bennett is another one I’d try to move on, he never really hit the levels he could here due to injury and I think he’s burned any bridges he had with the fans with the drunk driving and the snapchat video.

If we were lucky in a pre-covid market we may have been able to get a couple of million for them, but it’s impossible to say now until the window opens and we see how things move. Players who are on good contracts maybe prepared to let them run as club might not be prepared to pay the wages they were six months ago. 

In addition to the dead wood already mentioned, if we need to generate funds to reinvest, I would try and sell Bogle for upwards of £6m (plus add ons/future sales).

I think with Wisdom, Brown and Lowe (emergency) we have decent coverage in that area and would be happy if it meant a good right side attacking forward and goalkeeper. 

I like Bogle but I think he’s probably our most saleable asset right now, in what is likely to be a very different transfer window.

It’s difficult to know exactly the extent coronavirus will affect prices until the market is open, so I’ll just give my pre-COVID estimates of values and they’ll all obviously have to be scaled down accordingly. 

I’ll start with the players currently loaned out who almost certainly have no future left here:

Bennett 500k (to Millwall, think this one will be done soon)

Carson 1-2m (to Man City)

Mitchell 300-500k (to somewhere in league one)

Then the other players I’d look to sell to raise more significant funds:

Wisdom 2-3m

Lawrence 4-5m

Jozefzoon 2-3m (you might laugh, but Schalke were interested... everyone pretend he’s decent and we might be able to rob them)

Marriott 3-4m

Evans 1-2m

That should give us a decent transfer kitty to work on improving the squad, and build a team more suited to Cocu’s style.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s difficult to know exactly the extent coronavirus will affect prices until the market is open, so I’ll just give my pre-COVID estimates of values and they’ll all obviously have to be scaled down accordingly. 

I’ll start with the players currently loaned out who almost certainly have no future left here:

Wisdom 2-3m

Lawrence 4-5m

Jozefzoon 2-3m (you might laugh, but Schalke were interested... everyone pretend he’s decent and we might be able to rob them)

Marriott 3-4m

Evans 1-2m

That should give us a decent transfer kitty to work on improving the squad, and build a team more suited to Cocu’s style.

Lawrence 4-5m?!?! What are you smoking?

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wisdom 2-3m

Wisdom really?

He’s really found his place at centre back until the stabbing. Not sure you would get much better for that money, and you would need to replace him as when Clarke goes back we will only have Dutch Mike and Bielik.

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Lawrence 4-5m?!?! What are you smoking?

Not sure what you mean? Too low or too High? If it’s the former then I’d say without the drink driving incident he’d be worth double that, probably pushing 10m, but I think clubs will be reluctant to pay huge money for him given everything that’s happened. Maybe I’m wrong. If you think it’s too high then you’re insane imo, that’s a bargain price for the quality of player Lawrence is on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Not sure what you mean? Too low or too High? If it’s the former then I’d say without the drink driving incident he’d be worth double that, probably pushing 10m, but I think clubs will be reluctant to pay huge money for him given everything that’s happened. Maybe I’m wrong. If you think it’s too high then you’re insane imo, that’s a bargain price for the quality of player Lawrence is on the pitch.

Way way way too low.

Can’t imagine too many clubs would care about his drink driving incident, in truth. 

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wisdom 2-3m

Lawrence 4-5m

Marriott 3-4m

Evans 1-2m

Have you seen a small bloke walking around asking where a plane is?

32 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Carson, Roos, Mitchell, Malone, Jozefzoon and Bennett. Everyone else has a role to play next season. 

Doesn't Carsons contract expire in a couple of weeks? Don't think we can sell him unless we extended.

14 minutes ago, David said:

Wisdom really?

He’s really found his place at centre back until the stabbing. Not sure you would get much better for that money, and you would need to replace him as when Clarke goes back we will only have Dutch Mike and Bielik.

Wisdom is a tough one because I really do like the lad. I just don’t really see where he fits in our side long term. He’s not really good enough in the air to be the long term solution at CB, so I can’t see him getting a look in when up against Te Weirik in that right sided CB slot. I’m also not convinced he really fits the bill as the sort of overlapping attacking fullback we need at RB.

FWIW this is all assuming we manage to sign Clarke permanently or on another loan with a view to a permanent deal. Otherwise we’d need a rethink at CB. Given in that case we’d have Te Weirik and Clarke as first choice at CB, with Davies as backup and Bielik able to be moved there in case of injury, I think we’d have sufficient cover there not to require Wisdom anymore. I think he’d probably be worth a fair amount as an established championship defender, so it seems to make sense to sell rather than waste him as a squad player.

13 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Way way way too low.

Can’t imagine too many clubs would care about his drink driving incident, in truth. 

I hope you’re right, then we could potentially bring in proper big money which could be used to strengthen the team as a whole. 

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I hope you’re right, then we could potentially bring in proper big money which could be used to strengthen the team as a whole. 

Or could just not sell one of the most productive players in the league in that position ?

Archived