Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Has Gibson effectively dropped his trousers and given away that The Riverside, a near copycat stadium in Middlesborough rather than Derby, is valued at £22 million?

"in Middlesborough" can have that impact on the market value of real estate. 

I especially like the bit where he failed to produce the extra page of text that

'was plainly relevant to the task that he was performing and on any view had the capacity to undermine his evidence on the appropriate multiplier ... Either he had not looked at that page, despite its obvious potential relevance based on its description in the Index, or he had looked at it and decided not to provide it despite its obvious relevance. That could only have been because he considered it did not support his position.'

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I can't actually believe what I'm reading: 

image.png.aff1c199fef86c332a289a731724b7a8.png

The bloke tried to insinuate that our ground should be seen in the same light as Morecambe's: 

image.png.b7becc993626ccc9297d24fca1245428.png

I am absolutely and utterly disgusted. I don't even have the words. The EFL is a complete poo show and the clown they hired is even worse. Jesus. 

TheyreTheSamePicture.thumb.png.34f4502b4f113f11f1cb1e36f72f0825.png

4 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

DCFC did sell the stadium to satisfy FFP that is without doubt. we had a couple of years where spending was out of control, particularly wages and it caught up on us, financially it wasn't our  finest moment. Mel has attempted to redress the financial problems over the last couple of years but in the end it could only be done through the sale of PP.

Was it bending the rules, yes, but not breaking them and we are not the only ones to have done it. People might not like what has happened but it was legal.

If SWFC had been better with their admin they would have been ok as well. I hope that the 12 points doesn't relegate them next year.

on another note I wonder how many potential transfers we have lost out to because of the soft embargo and how much extra we might have to pay because we couldn't land our first targets?  

How was it bending the rules when the rules stated you could do it.the reason for doing it is the decision of the club and rules dont specify how you use the money

37 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Could make a courtroom drama style feature film I think

Starring Nick De Marco as Atticus Finch, Jimmy McGill as Mr Messanger, Jonny Vegas as Steve Gibson, 

Don’t slander, Mr. McGill. Mr Messanger can be Howard Hamlin. 

1 hour ago, Shipley Ram said:

Where did Gibson get this figure from?

On 9 July 2019 MFC’s solicitors wrote to the EFL asserting that the sale of Pride Park had not been at Fair Market Value, and that ‘a sale price of £22,794,520 (i.e. £58,305,480 below the sale price paid)’ was ‘more realistic’

Getting close to liable that is 

Sith Happens

I'm thinking of buying my wife a new ring

tiffany-true-engagement-ring-with-a-tiffany-true-diamond-in-platinum-63594873_996051_AV_2_M.thumb.jpg.793d0cb171151479da6edd986f2ebfc7.jpg

I'm not sure how much to pay, I'm wondering if mr messenger can help me, for comparison this is the last one I bought, I'm thinking it should be a similar price 

images.jpeg.454f8fee77c139111dd94c8321c83513.jpeg

I loved the bit in the 2nd charge relating to amortisation. The EFL are so dumb that they make up rules that mean nothing! 

245) Whether or not the Club’s allocation of the depreciable amount of the capitalised cost of player registrations was ‘systematic’ was considered by Professor Pope in his supplemental report and explored with him in cross-examination. However, given that

a) FRS 102 does not define ‘systematic’ or give any assistance as to what might be required for allocation of the depreciable amount of the intangible asset on a ‘systematic basis’

b) Professor Pope was unaware of those words being defined in any other system of accounting standards

c) Professor Pope was unaware of those words being defined in any other ‘possible authoritative source in football’

d) Professor Pope did not suggest that that term had any particular recognised meaning for accounting or auditing purposes

e) Professor Pope’s analysis in the end27 amounted to nothing more than i)Setting out a definition of ‘systematic’ from the Oxford English Dictionary, and ii) Asking himself whether he considered that dictionary definition was met by the Club’s amortisation policy in this case we did not find his views at all helpful.

In light of the above, consideration of whether the Club’s approach was ‘systematic’ according to the ordinary meaning of that word is something for us as the Disciplinary Commission, not for Professor Pope as an expert.

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I thought Nick De Marco QC was a genius but looking at what he was up against I suspect he could have sent the work experience lad in and we'd still have won. 

Yep based on the evidence provided even my mother in law could have defended the charges ???

To be honest I’m obviously very pleased re the outcome but another part of me feels so sad that our national game is seen in this way, a complete and utter shambles.

How on earth have we ended up with the governance of our game being entrusted to a bunch of self opinionated clowns?

I really can’t see any redeeming factors for EFL at all and can’t see where we go from here.

Pleased for us as a club but sad for the game to be in such a state of disarray.

5 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

To be honest I’m obviously very pleased re the outcome but another part of me feels so sad that our national game is seen in this way, a complete and utter shambles.

How on earth have we ended up with the governance of our game being entrusted to a bunch of self opinionated clowns?

I really can’t see any redeeming factors for EFL at all and can’t see where we go from here.

Pleased for us as a club but sad for the game to be in such a state of disarray.

Remember when we signed Rooney and everyone decided we shouldn't be able to have him because we're Derby?

I know the "Derby Way" was much scoffed at, but I think we can see throughout his time Mel hasn't been happy to just accept "this is how EFL and championship clubs work so sit down and lump it'

I totally agree regarding the governance - no business or corporation would survive with such ineptitude.

Archived